Minor Fender Bender Turns Into A Riot In China

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

We’re quite accustomed to shouting matches after bumping into someone or have watched a shouting match by the side of the road but I really wish I would have been there to watch this. Would have been quite funny actually.

This is what happened, what happened to the car above did not happen as a result of the accident. The woman was driving her car (a Buick) through Nankai University campus where she bumped into a cyclist, leaving a minor scratch on her car. She got out and demanded an apology and then went on to demand payment for damages to her car. So while this was going on, other students began to gather, and because the woman’s Buick didn’t have a permit to allow her to drive on campus, the students first question was where was she from and what she was doing on campus. Her response was “If I produce my identification documents you will be scared to death.”

This is the best part, apparently the police came, the drivers’ mother and brother came. Campus security came, teachers came and more, a lot more students came. And after the driver’s brother assaulted a student who tried to further scratch the car, that’s when things got bad, very bad. The amassed students had their way with the car, and a 10-inch scratch transformed into what you see above, a total write off.

A piece of advise, if ever you get to Beijing, don’t mess with the students, cyclist and never, ever drive through a university without a permit. Below is the full story, enjoy and don’t fall off your chair.

“This is how it was …

A female student was bicycling down the right side of the street on her way back to the dormitory, and a Buick vehicle came along in the same direction. The two vastly different vehicles collided with each other, and the bicycle left a scratch of 20 to 30 millimeters on the car.

At that time, the female car owner got out of the vehicle angrily and demanded an apology from the student. Furthermore, an apology was not good enough because there had to be payment for damages. So the student called her teacher for assistance. By this time, many students had gathered around the scene and one of them asked the car owner: “Where do you come from? Why are you on our school campus?”

The woman said something that was provocative: “If I produce my identification document, you should be scared to death.”

So the students began to confront the car owner while refusing to listen to the police. The police pulled the car owner aside and began a discussion. But the elder brother of the car owner has shown up with some friends. They talked tough and they began shoving the students around! The students were infuriated and there was physical contact. But since the car owner is female, the students restrained themselves.

Then a male student tried to make scratch marks on the car. The brother of the car owner assaulted him and they also demanded that the police take him in. According to rumors, the male students was severely injured (note: it was very chaotic at the time).

Then we called 120 (note: emergency medical service) and an ambulance came to take the injured male student away. The elder brother of the car owner saw trouble coming and quietly sneaked away. This became the focus of the story later on.

The woman was trapped. Her mother came. Although the mother was an elderly lady, she was just as unreasonable and barbaric. The campus security guards also came. But we chased them away. Then the security director came, and the students asked; “How did a car without a permit enter campus? What do you guys do for a living?”

A teacher showed up and promised that the chancellor will be here.

Before the chancellor could arrive, the students demanded that the car owner turn over the person who conducted the physical assault on the male student. That would be the elder brother of the car owner. But the car owner refused to say a word.

Then the security guards showed up again. We started cursing and yelling, and called them a bunch of pigs. Someone said that the security guards were letting outsiders without student ID’s come and go in the university. We now have proof that a vehicle without a permit could come and go on university campus. The security guards were speechless and they could only glare at us. At that moment, someone began to assault the car. First, they broke the windshield glass. Then they yanked out the registration plate.

A teacher came to mediate, but he was told to scram. The security guards tried to stop the vandalism, but the students would not budge and held them off. A teacher then said that the chancellor would come in ten minutes. We stood and counted ten minutes. He did not show up, and so we started to assault the car again. The police tried to stop us, but the students pushed them out. There was some physical contact. One police officer was hit and left holding his head in his hands. The police did not come back again.

The teachers who tried to intercede were dragged off. We asked the people on the other side to disperse, and then we overturned the car. The female car owner tried to stop us, but we dragged her off by force. The car was overturned and the chancellor still had not shown up.

Someone there said that he was from the Student Affairs Office, but the students told him to scram (and that applied to the teachers, security guards and police officers).

Then we broke all the windows on the car and nearly ripped the car doors out. It was quite a scene. But the car was solidly built as the front window never came off.

A student leader jumped on the car and tried to speak, but we couldn’t hear what he was saying. On one hand, his voice had gone hoarse from all the yelling. On the other hand, too many other people were yelling.

Then we Nankai University students got together and sang our school song! When the school song is sung, all Nankai people are united. Back then, the Japanese military bombed our campus but they could not destroy our unity!!! So this city bum couldn’t count for anything!!!!

Finally, Chancellor Zhang Jing appeared and promised:

1. The students will not be pursued for responsibility
2. Traffic within the campus will be improved
3. The instigator will be pursued in accordance with the law.”

audi_evo3

Known Member
Jun 27, 2007
why are a lot of China people very unreasonable? even the merc incident.

andysky5

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Jul 25, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
At first, clearly stated the car driver hit cyclist, she shouldnt be angry and demand apology .. summore i suppose rise her voice.

She ask for it, she got it .. im very happy :)
Bro, i totally agree with you !!!! Rich is not invincible:rofl:

boy dtn

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
biasakla ladies driver dpt kereta so eksyen and sombong...she deserved it
hahaha

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
easy la the chancellor should have announce CODE RED
ask military and bomba ppl come woop all their a** with the shield and stick
dont care who right who wrong and send all to jail (whack 1st talk later hehe)

but the women too much, wan show off ID some more , i wounder who is she a gov ppl , VIP,police ppl ??/

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007
The police never came back... haha useless

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
This kind of stupid lady need to gave a lesson.. stupid fellow..

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Considering the damage, I would have torched it as well ..... Muuuaaaah Hahahahaha ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm very good at giving other people car buying advice, just not very good at giving myself advice.

What I want in my car, in terms of priority:
1.POWER
2.Comfort
3.Good looking

What I don't have:
1.Money, let's set a budget of RM150k +/-. Don't ask me to buy a used car at 150k, that's crazy. Used car service would cost minimum RM5k, all the fluids and oils, filters, bushings, absorbers etc.

My commentary: objective observation followed by subjective input.
New:
Mazda 3 -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience