Methods used in car jacking

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Guys,

I like to start a thread on methods you have heard (or experienced, gulp!) how people car jack. The methods I know are:

1) Sticking a note on your rear window (when your car is parked), so when you exit your car to check, the car jackers get in and drive off your car

2) Like no. 1 but they stick cans on your exhaust, so when you drive off the parking spot, you hear noise behind you. You go down and check, and the car jackers move in.

3) They ram your car rear on the roads. You get down, and they guys overwhelm you, taking your car.

4) You drive into your home driveway, take down your groceries, and while you are away inside the house, the guys move in.

Any others?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
put black helmet in the middle of the road esp those trunk roads...when the helmet goes under yr car...makes hell a lot of noise and u stop to check...they come and overpower u n drive off with yr car.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i tink the topic should be hijacking.car jacking is like jack up your car to change tires for example.

btw, recently a friend of mine got this experience where the hijackers hit the rear of the car and when he pull over.
he got beaten up before taking his car.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just happen last week, a few doors away from mine. Lady owner reverse car out, got down to lock the gate. Car with 4 people stop behind hers, 3 got down holding parang, just drove her car away.....

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
saw it once first hand at petrol pump...1 car owner left the car idling while he go pay for petrol which is just a few meters away from the car...some dude just come drove the car away just like that and left the owner dumbfounded...no need for sophisticated tactics at all... :mad:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
that is just plain not using common sense...seen a lot of ppl doing same thing in front of 7-11...owner park car n leave it idling n run in to buy topup/cigarette. motorbike oso same thing. many times i feel like wanna jump in n just drive away then dump the car just to teach them a lesson.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
1. Happen in front of wife's office few years back... Owner pass car key to car valet, valet took keys and wanted to park car at designated area. Car thief smack the guy as he was about to enter car giving him a shock, pushed him off and drove away. Everyone was stunned at that moment and didn't how to react as it happened so fast. Car had GPS tracking system and remote immobilizing. Owner called call center to immobilize car. Car was being tracked and on the move till about 5-mins later immobilizer kicked in. Car was stationary for a while then tracking signal disappeared. Arrived at location where car was last detected by the call center but was already gone. Maybe in a container truck or with jamming signal then.
2. Was driving at night to Baskin Robbins to eat ice cream with wife. Parked car and was about to alight when there was this thief aiming a gun on this chap's face in front of his kids as he was about to enter his Honda Accord. Forced to surrender keys and thief drove car away...

There is also a method for jacking those key-less entry equipped cars...

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
that is just plain not using common sense...seen a lot of ppl doing same thing in front of 7-11...owner park car n leave it idling n run in to buy topup/cigarette. motorbike oso same thing. many times i feel like wanna jump in n just drive away then dump the car just to teach them a lesson.
agreed, stop engine & lock also, i never leave my ride witout doing it.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
saw it once first hand at petrol pump...1 car owner left the car idling while he go pay for petrol which is just a few meters away from the car...some dude just come drove the car away just like that and left the owner dumbfounded...no need for sophisticated tactics at all... :mad:
Yup, if got kids inside, fulat woh!.....

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
problem with some people with "alaa skejap je" attitude at 7E, petrol pumps etc.
5 secs window all it takes to hijack the car.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
For wira.. there's 2 way to pop up your hood.. first from the front grill, second is from under the fender.. both can be done in less than 5 secs..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Just fyi...i saw a guy talking thru the fon in 1 hand, n the other hand holding a 30cm metal ruler pop open a kancil in less than 2 seconds. he was helping his boss pop open his kancil's lock door.

I myself popped open an iswara's lock in 10 minutes. all info from my mech over the fon. for a colleague who left his car idling while he took a smoke...wind blew n door closes

A car door lock is like a house door lock. it can always be picked. its always an issue of slowing them down instead of STOPPING them cos there is NO stopping them given time and privacy.

So please everybody....stop being so complacent and be a little paranoid. The world aint as innocent as it used to be

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The SUPER GT Queen Search 2012 - Round 2, kicked-off with much for both fans and spectators who were at The Pavilion Shopping Mall, right in the heart of down-town Kuala Lumpur...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience