Krak Krak Krak!

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Hi, u said: They manage to make the "krak krak krak" sound gone totally happy about it.

Wat they did firstly? if they only put some grease here & there problem wont solved! Mostly ur drive shaft already torn (or worst gearbox housing bearing, then need change gearbox...)
but refer on above situation, u should check the drive shaft 1st!(got sound only during turning right? how bout drive in straight /winding road?)

Rily

Jun 5, 2009
Hi, u said: They manage to make the "krak krak krak" sound gone totally happy about it.

Wat they did firstly? if they only put some grease here & there problem wont solved! Mostly ur drive shaft already torn (or worst gearbox housing bearing, then need change gearbox...)
but refer on above situation, u should check the drive shaft 1st!(got sound only during turning right? how bout drive in straight /winding road?)
Hey man,

Apologies for lack of infos, the problem happens when: -

- 50%-70% of turning of left and right side while slow moving, like, side parking or heading into parking.

- also when the car is stationary, its loud towards right turning, softer sound during left turning.

Im quite sure its not the drive shaft, as i recognize the sound of fault drive shaft - the sound for faulty shaft its like continuously while turning correct?

You freak me out when you mentioned about gearbox! :banghead:

What they did initially was put back a brake clip - soemwhere I dont know - cos SC said it wasnt there, maybe bcos of the previous outside workshop forgot to put it back.

can you share with me, how about the gearbox can come into the picture of this matter? appreciate your infos...

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
have a look at the anti roll link rods. they might be hitting on the front subframe as u make a turn. sometimes going over uneven roads also will make noise.
noise is difficult to detect.
noise.. noise.. noise..

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Hey man,

Apologies for lack of infos, the problem happens when: -

- 50%-70% of turning of left and right side while slow moving, like, side parking or heading into parking.

- also when the car is stationary, its loud towards right turning, softer sound during left turning.

Im quite sure its not the drive shaft, as i recognize the sound of fault drive shaft - the sound for faulty shaft its like continuously while turning correct?

You freak me out when you mentioned about gearbox! :banghead:

What they did initially was put back a brake clip - soemwhere I dont know - cos SC said it wasnt there, maybe bcos of the previous outside workshop forgot to put it back.

can you share with me, how about the gearbox can come into the picture of this matter? appreciate your infos...
Means gigi sudah makan... Ur car manual or auto? it will happen due to hard cornering, improper turning radius on steering & etc... Maybe can check ur ball join?! Pls dun :shot: if wrong

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

have a look at the anti roll link rods. they might be hitting on the front subframe as u make a turn. sometimes going over uneven roads also will make noise.
noise.. noise.. noise..
Agreed:top:

caples5

Oct 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi TS,

I also encounter this after changing my absorbers and mount some time ago. went back to the workshop and asked them to change a new set of absorber mount. That solved my problem..

iatebananas

Known Member
Oct 5, 2012
Petaling Jaya
Come find me in PJ. i solved the problem with my mech for less than rm200. It was the absorber link thing. the bearings inside were worn and caused the sound you described when going over rough roads at slow speeds. steering also felt slightly looser than usual. this is due to hard cornering in my case my car is 2.5 years old with 18,000 kms. But driven hard each time its driven. :P

Rily

Jun 5, 2009
Means gigi sudah makan... Ur car manual or auto? it will happen due to hard cornering, improper turning radius on steering & etc... Maybe can check ur ball join?! Pls dun :shot: if wrong

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Agreed:top:
Hey man,

I seriously dunno what to do and where to go for this repair, but our fren "iatebananas" seems to be very confidence in assisting me for solving this problem here in above reply. I shall contact him.

Anyway, I will let you all know whats the outcome.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Come find me in PJ. i solved the problem with my mech for less than rm200. It was the absorber link thing. the bearings inside were worn and caused the sound you described when going over rough roads at slow speeds. steering also felt slightly looser than usual. this is due to hard cornering in my case my car is 2.5 years old with 18,000 kms. But driven hard each time its driven. :P
Hey man,

Can you give me your contact and the workshop location and information? before I confirm with you?

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

noise.. noise.. noise..
Hey Bro,

Do you have any good reliable workshop to recommend??

Thanks bro!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So the producers given them money so they could buy convertibles and what ended up was everyone getting a BMW 325i convertible. Not suprising with the identical cars, but these cars have all sorts of histories, good and bad. Check out the suprise these guys got from their used cars. It's just a really good poke fun moment for them

YouTube - ‪1980s BMW...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience