Kia rio stock hu to processor

fathi

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
malacca
Hello
My wife driving 2013 kia rio and I plan to upgrade the audio system with better amp and better speaker, but keeping the stock hu.
I plan to add the processor for the purpose, I am looking at audiocontrol OEM integration processor.

But an stated that it is not advisable, wouldn't improve audio since kia rio stock HU is very basic,
but that installer stated, if the stock HU connected with Audiotech Ficsher match OEM integration, the sound will improve,
I do not want AF MATCH OEM integration since I already have amp which for me sound better, j just want processor to connect stock HU kia rio to my amp.

Do that installer claim is right?

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Hello
My wife driving 2013 kia rio and I plan to upgrade the audio system with better amp and better speaker, but keeping the stock hu.
I plan to add the processor for the purpose, I am looking at audiocontrol OEM integration processor.

But an stated that it is not advisable, wouldn't improve audio since kia rio stock HU is very basic,
but that installer stated, if the stock HU connected with Audiotech Ficsher match OEM integration, the sound will improve,
I do not want AF MATCH OEM integration since I already have amp which for me sound better, j just want processor to connect stock HU kia rio to my amp.

Do that installer claim is right?
Amp doesn't sound better, it's function is amplify the incoming signal, which means if the signal is crappy, it will make larger crappy sound.
Your processor will convert analog signal from your factory audio into digital signal and send it to your amp so it's playing a bigger role than your amplifier. Not only that, the helix processor (assuming tats the one recommended by your installer) have complete tech for you to play active such as time alignment, crossover, eq, so on so forth~
So, if you like music, and you have the budget, and you have audited installer demo car and pretty sure he can carry out the job well, then go for it. Not much pro tuner in Malaysia, many just know how to talk...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Match? That processor ok what. Why don't like?

Got money, buy Alpine H800. Or the Helix processor

fathi

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
malacca
Match? That processor ok what. Why don't like?

Got money, buy Alpine H800. Or the Helix processor
Maybe I do not wrote it correctly. I do not have anything against Match product. The installer inform me since the car stock HU too basic so tk upgrade need to install 2 in 1 match processor + amp system. I do not want 2 - 1 system since I already have amp. The installer still insist that 2-1 is better since my Stock HU is basic. This is raise a question why it is better to install 2-1 system vs separate processor + separate amp?
Audition already the installer system, everything stock except for processor + amp, yes it is an upgrade from stock sound but nothing to shout about.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Maybe I do not wrote it correctly. I do not have anything against Match product. The installer inform me since the car stock HU too basic so tk upgrade need to install 2 in 1 match processor + amp system. I do not want 2 - 1 system since I already have amp. The installer still insist that 2-1 is better since my Stock HU is basic. This is raise a question why it is better to install 2-1 system vs separate processor + separate amp?
Audition already the installer system, everything stock except for processor + amp, yes it is an upgrade from stock sound but nothing to shout about.
Suggest you go elsewhere if that's the opinion of the installer. I agree you don't need another amp if you already have one. But what sort of amp do you have?

fathi

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
malacca
I guess so, I have 2 units of 2 channel amps, so good enough for processor + tweeter and mids

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Try looking up Peter at SS2 VPS tinting. He moved from CVAudio Uptown Dmnsara to there and currently doesn't have his own shop signboard yet. The fella can recommend a good setup for you

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Try looking up Peter at SS2 VPS tinting. He moved from CVAudio Uptown Dmnsara to there and currently doesn't have his own shop signboard yet. The fella can recommend a good setup for you
Bro. Izso, do you mean CV Audio no more in uptown?