Is Integra DC5R still practical ?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well for ladies who carries handbag, keyless entry is a no brainer. Never again do they need to fumble in that bottomless pit they call a bag to look for keys.

For me, its a convenience factor. And I'm all about efficiency. Say it takes you 3 seconds to dig for a key, another 2 to press unlock and reach for the handles after, and then another 3 seconds to insert the key and start the car. Do that twice a day, that's 16 seconds a day. Factor that by 365 days, we're looking at 97 minutes of our life every year, to do what? I don't "enjoy" the key experience at all. I just want to get in and drive as fast/efficiently as I can.

Hell I'm changing the locks in my house to fingerprint ones.

The thing is, you have been living without the modern high tech stuff. Go to a caveman and tell him you can press a few screens on your smartphone and food gets delivered to your door. And he can tell you he don't need that shit because that's no place to charge the phone in his cave, he just goes out and collects fruits from trees. He's not wrong, but he's just a caveman.

As for horror stories about tech failing, it happens. But that's the trend these days, cars are becoming a consumable. Modern hacks, I guess that's where insurance with agreed value comes in.
Yes but all that convenience/efficiency is also not without a cost and risk. Like I said it makes the cars more expensive, more complicated, higher chance of failure, and actually easier to steal too. Anyway that 97 mins in a year, nothing that I cannot make up with just driving slightly faster, so again it's no big deal.

Reactions: alcyon

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Well for ladies who carries handbag, keyless entry is a no brainer. Never again do they need to fumble in that bottomless pit they call a bag to look for keys.

For me, its a convenience factor. And I'm all about efficiency. Say it takes you 3 seconds to dig for a key, another 2 to press unlock and reach for the handles after, and then another 3 seconds to insert the key and start the car. Do that twice a day, that's 16 seconds a day. Factor that by 365 days, we're looking at 97 minutes of our life every year, to do what? I don't "enjoy" the key experience at all. I just want to get in and drive as fast/efficiently as I can.

Hell I'm changing the locks in my house to fingerprint ones.

The thing is, you have been living without the modern high tech stuff. Go to a caveman and tell him you can press a few screens on your smartphone and food gets delivered to your door. And he can tell you he don't need that shit because that's no place to charge the phone in his cave, he just goes out and collects fruits from trees. He's not wrong, but he's just a caveman.

As for horror stories about tech failing, it happens. But that's the trend these days, cars are becoming a consumable. Modern hacks, I guess that's where insurance with agreed value comes in.
I guess thats ok if one has the $$$ to pay for those features. Its all about the $$$.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yes but all that convenience/efficiency is also not without a cost and risk. Like I said it makes the cars more expensive, more complicated, higher chance of failure, and actually easier to steal too. Anyway that 97 mins in a year, nothing that I cannot make up with just driving slightly faster, so again it's no big deal.
I believe I've got one of the most complicated car officially sold (not parallel) in Malaysia. So no difference to me.

I hate digging for keys. That's all.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Anyway moot point, Nowadays practically all cars will have that keyless system so like it or not, I guess I just have to accept it.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Something that every rich dude with a dozen cars says. I only have to dig between two sets of keys. So not hard. HAHAHA
From my pocket la. Package too big so pants very tight

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But every time my wife want to pop down to buy something, the car beeps because the key in her handbag, so still need to dig for the keys.....hhahahhaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
From my pocket la. Package too big so pants very tight
Dude... aiyo. First world problem. HAHAHA!

But every time my wife want to pop down to buy something, the car beeps because the key in her handbag, so still need to dig for the keys.....hhahahhaha
There's this aftermarket keyless entry system that I can buy and install for the Myvi. Works pretty damn well but for 2k it's not cheap. But the question is - is it really that useful? Just recently my wife has been forgetting to shut down the car after getting out from it... yes... I know. She once left the car parked RUNNING for an hour not realizing it was on. If this keyless setup works as it should - then I would gladly install it for her. Better than her losing the car to an opportunistic thief.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Eh? My car i just need to put the car in P, apply hand brake, a quick stab at the accelerator pedal so the car don't stop in start/stop, then I can exit the driver's side. Car will continue to idle. No beeping whatsoever. No key in car.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Eh? My car i just need to put the car in P, apply hand brake, a quick stab at the accelerator pedal so the car don't stop in start/stop, then I can exit the driver's side. Car will continue to idle. No beeping whatsoever. No key in car.
Your car also got stop start system during traffic? Can it be permanently turned off?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Your car also got stop start system during traffic? Can it be permanently turned off?
Mine is permanently on. Can’t be switched off. Lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,
any1 know where can i get this kind of service-adjust hi/low? because i have asked around, most of the tires shop didn't provide this kind of service. If u guys know it, pls state here the name of the shop, places(prefer Klang Valley), and contact no. by the way how much per piece they charge for?
many thanks...:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience