FD2 brake system.. Help in need!

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Greetings brothers and sisters.. Sifu's!

I'm driving 2009 FD2. Up till today.. Mileage it's below 40. Rims and tyres stays original..

When I drive for the first time direct from honda..mother brake it's very hard and doesn't grip well.. And I thought could be new car.. And might takes time for the grips to kick in..

After 3 years.. Nothing change.. And still same.. Hard and grips just so so till last year I decided to change to endless brakes pad (front and rear) I change the brake oil as well to endless... Oh.. I change to stainless steel hose as well too! After the change process.. I left to overseas as I'm posted at overseas most of the time.. That's the reason my mileage still under 40k till recently I'm back for good.. And the nightmares begin!

The grip was superb with endless! And it's soft too ! Till last few days out of sudden the grip it's no longer there! So I decided to pay my mechanic a visit.. After a very in details of researching.. I was told the brake fluid and brake pad was fake! So I off I change to a new brake pad and brake fluid too..

The same old hardness and no grip brakes came back to haunt me... If I may ask.. To all brothers who driving FD.. You facing the same problem or just me? Should I source for FD2R brembo system? Or just back to service centre?

Brothers! I love my car.. And I'm in great debts owe to for helping me this thru... Plz help!

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I believe nothing is wrong with your fluid or pad.
i believe the pad u r using are not suitable for your usage.

Performamce pad will work best at higher temp and the bite is so-so when u drives in a relaxed manner.
Normal everyday pad will have good bite once u drive off but will fade quickly once u go mad for a few corner.

U should choose the right pad with your usage.I am not driving a civic but both my ride are on intermediate pad.it works well when cold and still bite beyond the limit of normal pad.

On brake fluid,i just use normal Bosch DOT 4.

I suggest u change your mech.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
endless also got pad suits street use... so which pads are u using?

i wanna ask how long u left car in not move condition while u oversea?

i suspect air gone in brake system or brake caliper seal problem... i not sure fd but my fren gen2 kena twice

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Bro, for me stock brake FD2 is among the best. Always drive my boss FD2 1.8 year 2006. The brake grip is really2 good for stock brake system. Last time change the brake pad to the cheap Bendix General CT, and the braking force is still very good just like stock honda pad. For those who first time drive this car, 1st thing they will "complain" is the brake is really strong and they'll make all passengers head-banging when they apply the brake for first time.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Btw, when changing to a new pad one should not expect optimum prformance straight out of the box.
the pad needs to be bed in first.

find a safe place to do this;
Accelerate to 100kmh,make sure there is no car or bike behind u and slam the brake.brake hard till u stop but try not to trigger the ABS.
do this few times and see if it bites better.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't quite understand the TS explanation. It's like it works for a bit and suddenly the brake is completely useless.

More description is required. Endless brake pads regardless fake or not, won't be as bad as you describe it.

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
I don't quite understand the TS explanation. It's like it works for a bit and suddenly the brake is completely useless.

More description is required. Endless brake pads regardless fake or not, won't be as bad as you describe it.
Let's just say the the car doesn't stop but slightly slow down.. The brake pedal from soft turns to be hard

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Let's just say the the car doesn't stop but slightly slow down.. The brake pedal from soft turns to be hard
After change the new pad and fluid .. I drive home which around 60km and after that I drive to penang which about 600km.. Should be sufficient enough to bites better.. In fact.. Nothing change.. Bro..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So now after fluid change and pad change it's still not biting much? New pad needs to bead in with the rotor. I suspect there might be a problem with your rotor as well. You've pretty much changed everything else already.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
this might sound funny.....but are the brake pads being installed or seated correctly, or are you using the correct pads?

Last time, my uncle encountered a case where his merc car brake pads were "accidently" installed incorrectly. After fixed, the problem solved.

gOsht

Jul 2, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I suspect due to not frequently running the car and left out without someone to taking care the car condition, air bubble have build up in your brake line system.u need to do brake bleeding and replacing with new reputable brake fluid DOT 3 or above. using a fake brake fluid also can accelerate the deteriorate of fluid properties.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro., He mentioned Pads and fluids all changed already.....This post 5 months ago, not sure whether TS have got it fixed yet?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friend who own a mitsu engine with its O2 sensor connect to apexi timer get a very low reading on O2 voltage,0.07 to 0.18volt only.last time it was fine can get normal reading.
sensor already change to another unit but still the same scenario.
the O2 sensor is a 2 wire unit.(blue/white)
i measure the voltage direct from the sensor both wire and get 0.1v same as what shown in the timer.Then i measure with a multimeter,the signal wire (+)and the chasis(-) ground then i get 0.45v...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience