Faulty Alarm.

chester91

Feb 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I'm currently having problems with my H-line neo alarm. There is no more sound when I unlock & lock the car or if i press the panic button on the remote. I'm sure the alarm system is still working as the doors lock n open like normal. The turn indicators also blink as normal when I unlock & lock the car. So i'm assuming that the siren is faulty.

My question is, would it be possible to just change the siren alone & how much would it cost? I tried looking for the siren but could not find it in the engine bay. Could someone tell me where is it or even better show me with the aid of diagram. I was also unable to locate the fuse for the siren in the fuse box.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
yup changing the siren alone is possible and its definitely related to ur siren.

could either be wire loose/disconnected...normally the siren should be in the engine bay...ill try and see if i can get a pic for you. i had an siren go bust after heavy rain, somehow rain got in, after a few days it started working again.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
My alarm has failed as well. I can no longer lock/unlock remotely. Have to use key. :(

In the end installed an aftermarket one.

chester91

Feb 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have check every inch that my eye can see already. I even took out the cover under the wiper out hoping to find it in there.. My siren had used to stop working randomly.. now its totally dead.

AD_EG i do hope u can get a pic for me. that would be so useful. Would prefer to DIY rather then send to a shop..

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
it could be some where on the front grille to the side.. thats where the horn is.. so it could be sumwhere there.. the price of a new siren is affordable.. 50-60 last time i checked.. cheaper if go for made in china ones which looks really basic..

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
I have check every inch that my eye can see already. I even took out the cover under the wiper out hoping to find it in there.. My siren had used to stop working randomly.. now its totally dead.

AD_EG i do hope u can get a pic for me. that would be so useful. Would prefer to DIY rather then send to a shop..
Perhaps the siren fuse is located BEHIND the glove compartment.
Careful when removing the glovebox, u may wanna be gentle with it..and also u're gonna need a Phillips screw driver to unscrew the box's damper.

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
Just a long shot.

Some Neo owners reported in the past that they can 'silence' the alarm system by pressing both the 'Lock/Unlock' and 'Panic' button on the key at the same time, for a period of 5-7 seconds. One even demonstrated it to me (unfortunately, my car doesn't have this feature).

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Just a long shot.

Some Neo owners reported in the past that they can 'silence' the alarm system by pressing both the 'Lock/Unlock' and 'Panic' button on the key at the same time, for a period of 5-7 seconds. One even demonstrated it to me (unfortunately, my car doesn't have this feature).
1.3 model only.

denden4

Nov 30, 2011
Johor Bahru
im having the same problem as u . but when go to acc shop,they said siren problem,change to new one which cost me Rm60 but only last for a few hour,next day,my alarm no sound back,went to that acc shop,and this time they said,alarm problem,need to replace whole alarm system include key remote .. which cost around Rm3xx , haihh

nishantdarshana

Known Member
Jan 24, 2011
Nilai
hey.
i drive a b-line 1.6 neo.if you look in the owners manual,you will find that you can silence the siren by pressing both the keys on the remote simultaneously for a few seconds.i tried with mine,and it works.to kick the car out of silent mode,just press both the keys together for a while until the siren beeps a few times.just try it out lah.might help.=)
:smokin:

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
hey.
i drive a b-line 1.6 neo.if you look in the owners manual,you will find that you can silence the siren by pressing both the keys on the remote simultaneously for a few seconds.i tried with mine,and it works.to kick the car out of silent mode,just press both the keys together for a while until the siren beeps a few times.just try it out lah.might help.=)
:smokin:
I tried!

then alarm went off..then captor called LOL
so i didnt want to try anymore. hahahah :)

chester91

Feb 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
tried that. it doesnt work.. the acc shop guy could not locate the siren.. and as it was a weekend, proton was closed so he could not ask his proton friend either.. damn.. just wondering.. are any one of u having problems with your hud dimmer? my is faulty and i have to hit it a few times to get it working again... is it possible to cut the dimmer and bypass it? If i rmb correctly only the h-line and m-line neo has a dimmer. B-line does not. so i shud b able to cut it right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The SUPER GT Queen Search 2012 - Round 2, kicked-off with much for both fans and spectators who were at The Pavilion Shopping Mall, right in the heart of down-town Kuala Lumpur...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience