Evo9 GSR or MR???

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Guys,

I'm about to buy an unreg recond Evo9 but need some clarifications on specs between GSR and MR. Appreciate if you guys can advise me on the followings:
1. How can I recognize an Evo is MR? There is one dealer offers the MR specs but I can only reckon it by gear knob panel and 'MR' emblem sticked at the rear bonnet. Probably the engine can indicate the difference which I never know.
2. Does it worth to buy the MR if the price difference is 10k higher compared to GSR? Correct me if I'm wrong that MR is 320bhp and GSR is 286bhp.
3. What is the original stock absorber for Evo9? I've seen most of them use Bilstein but Tein Superstreet also available.

Thanks.

?nDc?s?ve

Known Member
Sep 2, 2005
damansara
try to answer as far as i know..

i have yet to see a 9mr in malaysia.. plenty of 8mr but not 9..

this might help with your questions..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution#Evolution_IX

i doubt its 300hp buddy.. if its stock its 280hp +/-

yeap bilstein.. tein are aftermarkets..

join us for tt and the other sifu's here will share a pointer or two in helping u make e right decision :)

happy hunting buddy ;)

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Bro. I've read the article and it's really helpful. Look forward to join u guys for next tt and get more inputs on d 9.

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
9MR ----Must Race version
GSR - Good Sporty Racing

Just a joke.....MR is a ralliart Edition of the Breed base Evo from TME....Summary-----Top of the Breed....

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha nice joke bro. Both versions are ok for me. Hope i can end up my hunting soon. Thanks bro..

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
I will op for MR....hope to meet you an your new baby soon....c ya!

fahmi_cbo

Aug 19, 2006
i've own evo 9 GSR :love:.

one thing that u need to keep in mind is the Difference between the two of them is the turbine..
GSR come with standard spec- Magnesium turbine
MR come with Titanium turbine - Which much lighter n better respond than The GSR version..

But.. what the heck.:biggrin:. go get the larger turbine instead of worrying those two :)

options

Known Member
Dec 3, 2006
Hi Guys,

I'm about to buy an unreg recond Evo9 but need some clarifications on specs between GSR and MR. Appreciate if you guys can advise me on the followings:
1. How can I recognize an Evo is MR? There is one dealer offers the MR specs but I can only reckon it by gear knob panel and 'MR' emblem sticked at the rear bonnet. Probably the engine can indicate the difference which I never know.
2. Does it worth to buy the MR if the price difference is 10k higher compared to GSR? Correct me if I'm wrong that MR is 320bhp and GSR is 286bhp.
3. What is the original stock absorber for Evo9? I've seen most of them use Bilstein but Tein Superstreet also available.

Thanks.
Bro,

Congrat that you are about the get yourself a new ride, this will be a good pay off of all guys after all the hard work .... I like that feeling !!

fred_soo_88

2,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2006
GSR recaro is black half leather with black sticting
but MR recaro is black half leather with red stricting...

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro fahmi_cbo. I don't hv much thought on those mods u mention. Still macai lg laaa alot of things to learn:D But it is good to know that n thanks for sharing..

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Bro Jebu n options. Yes finally i manage to own d e9. It was a hard hunting experience. One thing how the idea generated get that baby is... reading all the threads from all u guys. Damn it is really interesting n I get poisoned then haha...

fahmi_cbo

Aug 19, 2006
Bro fahmi_cbo. I don't hv much thought on those mods u mention. Still macai lg laaa alot of things to learn:D But it is good to know that n thanks for sharing..

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Bro Jebu n options. Yes finally i manage to own d e9. It was a hard hunting experience. One thing how the idea generated get that baby is... reading all the threads from all u guys. Damn it is really interesting n I get poisoned then haha...

TomicaGTR hehe.. :biggrin: evo isn't for macai.. then u not a macai either..
evo is for guys that have their Balls coated with Steel :rofl: firstly go get the Tein spring set. then get the right rims.. 18" x 9" offset 45mm :D that would fit nicely :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car's body kits for primary purpose are used as cosmetic tools for your car yet they have a potential of implicating a dramatical change in the appearance of the car.However applying just a body kit and assuming that car modification job has been performed very well is a misconception many amature car modifiers bear.One should always choose a body kit best aligning with the lines of your car.Kits requiring spray and paint should be properly sprayed or one should be prepared to spend extra...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience