ER34 brakes jammed up

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
hi guys my er34 brake lights are on eventhough after turning the ignition off so my mechanic says its a small rubber stopper like at th pedal which has worn out . he replaced it with a bolt/screw on my way home the pedal started to fill hard and slowly all four brakes jammed up,after about 30mins th brakes were back to normal anyhow i decided to change the brake pump and servo but the problem is still there .Everything was running ok before this.....what can be th cause of sudden brake failure

thanks in advance!

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
bro i know how it feels like when your caliper seals are worned out...it doesnt totally jam up, experienced it a long time ago( pls correct me if im wrong)
last night all 4 wheel jammed up till i couldnt even get the car to move. Today morning the breaks were fine but i could feel the pedal starting to hardened . Spoke to some of my old mech they advice me to remove the bolt/nut which was placed at the break pedal maybe the bolts are too long or too high.. will do it later and update. By the way does anyone here know where i can get my rims repaired and painted? thought of changing color and damm curb rash :nurse:

Last edited:

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
So before you replace it with bolts, your brake light is already ON and all 4 brake caliper also trigger?

1. Step 1, you already changed the servo and brake pump....problem persist.

2. How about ABS light? ABS failure might lead the same problem. Few customer of mine had it
changed. R34 especially~

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Finally had the chance to remove the bolt and the brakes are fine and i dont blame my mechanic cause he has tried this on other r34 and has no issues before..hmmm. The lights are still up so disconnected the batt terminal. Will try to use pu bush or eraser recommended by a friend :biggrin: . Moral of the story is : Dont play play!!

bro kaminari during the period there was no abs light, change the servo and brake pump but problem still persist my mech was kind enough to supply and fit it for free so no complaints there...

i guess problem solved just need to get the right part to do the fix thanks for your kind feedback

cheers.....

Dr.D

500 RPM
Aug 28, 2005
Petaling Jaya
setting of the screw to high, pedal tak release habis. so still got pressure in braking system even when u release but screw prevents from full release.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As stated.. how to take care of it?

meaning.. what stuff to use or applied... coz it is easily get light scratches and dull in time..

will AutoSol do the job? any other products?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience