engine no response

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, driving neo cps m/t..but starting few days back, my engine gives no response at 2.4k - 3.0k rpm.
It doesnt always happen every time i reach that rpm and it won't happen when my car is static (not moving). but the the range must be between 2.4k-3.0k rpm.i've check the plug cable..it all ok. and changed spark plug to newer one.(denso iridium to ngk platinum ... can feel the power lost T_T). but the problem still persists. please help me !!! maybe the ignition coil? it hard to guess the root cause bcoz the problem dont always happen. when i changed the spark plug..everything seem to be ok but then when driving home.. it happen again.

Last edited:

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
crazykatak : plug cable or spark plug? im using surpass plug cable + earth grounding cable <--wrong purchase ... for spark plug i use denso iridium.

kcng : i never touch the plug cable. btw, maybe because of miss fire? fyi, im using 4-2-1 extractor with sequential firing order design 1-2-3-4 .. is it good choice? before no problem, then 2 days after tuning..got problem.

really need this problem solved asap because tired of driving car with this condition.

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
Check the connection of the plug cables from the coil. the firing order must be correct.
firing order is notched on the ignition coil. Look properly.

cylinder number 1 is the nearest to the TIMING BELT SIDE, cylinder number 4 is nearest to the GEARBOX SIDE.

maybe the plug cables contact to the spark plug came loose when not properly installed. If that happens, kindly check with the retailer of the plug cables ( some people use Satria GTi plug cables on CamPro engine.. )

and you mentioned Denso Iridium.. make sure they are genuine. you can compare genuine and non genuine on Denso's official website.
for CamPro, IT20 model.

Then again, you mentioned you changed from Denso Iridium to NGK Platinum..
NGK Platinum which model ?
Is it NGK IX ?

http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/english/techinfo/fake/index.html

lol i asked more questions than u initially asked :D

Last edited:

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for your reply.

nobody touch the plug cable & before there no problem. i'll send check the plug connection.. tq for your advice.

been using denso iridium IT20 for 30k km already.. bought it at kakimotor sunway. not possible if it imitation as i know kakimotor sells original aftermarket parts only.
then, changed to ngk platinum g-power, bought it from a workshop at cheras. but using it for 4-5 days only because can feel the power/torque lost.

Kagerosan

Known Member
Oct 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
bro.. all the plug cable connection is correct. aiyya.. lazy go to workshop if pocket kering. u know where to get OEM campro cps plug cable? used one is enough. got a foreman said the best plug cable is the oem.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
been using denso iridium IT20 for 30k km already.. bought it at kakimotor sunway. not possible if it imitation as i know kakimotor sells original aftermarket parts only.
hahahaha. funniest thing I read today.