Car vs Woman

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Guys, just a quick one here.....

Question: Are you the same Petrolhead after you have married, or once having a relationship with a woman? Did you miss anything about cars now, compared to when you were single?

I just met up my old buddy from NZ, and his car life changed so much once he is into a relationship with a girl now.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm not really, I still basically like similar type of cars and doing almost similar type of mods for my cars with similar approach.
Some differences though:
- now I'm willing to buy a damn slow boring MPV for the wife, brand new some more, that's something that I'd never ever do if I were still single.
- used to spend more on car audio back then (big 12s subs, big amps, fancy HU & component sets, branded cables), but now just Kenwood HU & component set (for front only too) with some China powered under seat subs and what ever generic cables are enough already.
- obviously now I have to spend more carefully or shall I say smarter on cars coz got other much more important commitments now (family!) and I'm no rich man.
- obviously now I also spend less time playing around with my cars compared to before, coz again family time is way more important. Don't get me wrong though, I still love cars.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope, in fact change a bit only when the kids arrived. After they have grown up still having my time with the guys. DIY, DIT, TT and so on still on going.....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
My colleague, when he was single, he used to service his own car (changing oil and stuff), but once he knew his gf (now wifey), he had to service 2 cars (his own and his gf). He used to be petrolhead, but now more of DIY guy....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My colleague, when he was single, he used to service his own car (changing oil and stuff), but once he knew his gf (now wifey), he had to service 2 cars (his own and his gf). He used to be petrolhead, but now more of DIY guy....
You leh? what about you?.....:biggrin::biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
budget talks man...
once you got extra mouth that is going to vacuum your pocket dry, you point of spending will be change...
I like small cars with powerful engine but now driving apek bulky MPV where parking also sucks since the front is shorter than the back is much longer (totally unbalance)... coz my wife want my Kancil L5..:bawling:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
You leh? what about you?.....:biggrin::biggrin:
Me no commitment for now. Also not putting much attention to cars, as the economy is hard on wage-earner like me. I think feeding family is more important than feeding cars, for now.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Me no commitment for now. Also not putting much attention to cars, as the economy is hard on wage-earner like me. I think feeding family is more important than feeding cars, for now.
Follow your priorities.......:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Feeding family is ALWAYS more important than feeding cars no matter good or bad economy! You can only feed cars as you wish IF and ONLY IF you still have enough left after feeding the family, that's it.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
That is true. Feeding family, with kids in tow will be more expensive by the day. When the kids grow, the more they will spend.

I would spend money on car, maybe on simple visual mods only.
Remember that HKS decal can add 10hp? :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nope, in fact change a bit only when the kids arrived. After they have grown up still having my time with the guys. DIY, DIT, TT and so on still on going.....:biggrin:
Hmm I think I do spend less time with the car guys after having family. Again spending time with family is priority which I do enjoy very much too.

I'm actually much less DIY now coz again less time for cars and more time for family. Also I'm getting old, so getting a bit lazy and tired already. :biggrin: Finally the cars now are way more complicated than before so a lot less DIY I can do.

That is true. Feeding family, with kids in tow will be more expensive by the day. When the kids grow, the more they will spend.

I would spend money on car, maybe on simple visual mods only.
Remember that HKS decal can add 10hp? :biggrin:
Hahaha my cars barely have any stickers, just a Tanabe sticker which I got because I buy Tanabe springs, that's all. I like more clean looking cars, not too racy stuff.

If I do mods on cars, they have to be really useful for me and can be used for a long time, in other words must be value for money and worth it. So usually better rims & tires, and suspension come first. Then brakes if stock is not enough, then power but none extreme. All mods must be reversible back to stock. Audio also usually one of the high priorities but depends on the stock audio. For looks, I also like body kits but depends on how the stock look, if already good enough then I just leave it as is. Interior cosmetics and lamps are always last on my priorities, unless they are cheap. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I see what you mean, bro g6ue5t.
just to add, some good window tint could be useful too.
Practicality wise, I think my next mod will be installing a louder horn. The stock ones is "pondan", and simply useless. Loud horn is best to blare at those half-asleep, blur-blur KL drivers.....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I see what you mean, bro g6ue5t.
just to add, some good window tint could be useful too.
Practicality wise, I think my next mod will be installing a louder horn. The stock ones is "pondan", and simply useless. Loud horn is best to blare at those half-asleep, blur-blur KL drivers.....
Oh ya tint of course, also first priority for me, but I don't want to spend much on it, just rm150-200 enough per car. :biggrin:
Horn I never change coz rarely use here.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Cost of tint quite subjective. for me 500 to 700 buck is ok for sedan. (unless the car is MPV with aquarium windows).

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm actually much less DIY now coz again less time for cars and more time for family. Also I'm getting old, so getting a bit lazy and tired already. :biggrin: Finally the cars now are way more complicated than before so a lot less DIY I can do.
Getting old, that is why must young at heart mah.......:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Interesting : R35 vs R34 vs R33 vs R32 - Size Comparison

Apparently, this is the first Godzilla in Australia.

It gives a good comparison on the width compared with its predecessor, R34

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience