Can L15A (A) converted to manual?

-Nick-

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Can L15A (A) b converted to manual?

i tot of BOTing a city idsi 04.. can it b converted 2 manual ? coz as i know the CVT cant take it on the long term.. anyone has done it b4? wats the pros n cons? how much roughly will it cost? thanks in advance

Last edited:

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
I know this is old post but anyway to convert you'll need:

-manual tranny+obd3 compatible sensors+clutch plate+flywheel
-clutch pedal set+master/slave cylinder+hydro line+reservior+misc mounts
-shifter+links (may or may not need to cut hole for the shifter links)
-OBD3 manual ECU for iDSI

I wouldn't know the cost of the parts but for EK3 conversion the parts alone probably would cost around rm1500. with labour could go up to 2k maybe.

second thing is, the car is relatively new. trying to source for the parts is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Search the forum. There are some examples with CVT slapped with BOT.

Another Japanese tuner called Last Station also slapped a BOT on a City and seems to working fine even with the CVT power handling limitation.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
in one thread one guy is searching for jazz manual GB. jazz is using the same engine as city rite... so i believe no prob. can be done but can you find the parts... that's another question la.

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
yeah its the same platform basically on different cosmetic look

The Jazz in Japan is called Fit and the City called Fit Aria.

-Nick-

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
wow thx alot for the info =) left idle for quite sometime.. i'm just afraid afta BOTing wit the cvt, on the Long term it might giv problems as we all know cvt gearbox is relatively still new n expensive.. thats all i'm worried about.. but well no pain no gain.. the risk is definetly wateva we do.. its all up 2 me now :regular_smile:
thx guys for the info

Big[V]

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
BOT can be done. Got a thread somewhere started by Lilvee that they do BOT for your setup to be around 6.8k including tuning but no guarantee for the CVT tho. They have some customers with city/fit turbo and seems to be doing fine according to them.

Their kit is all bolt on types and no changing of original components like injectors and so on. The only thing done for the ECU is to have a piggyback system to fine tune the ECU to suit turbo that's all.

Or you can go to hondaswap.com or any honda related sites they'll have loads of info on turboing hondas.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Have anybody have experience changing a 2jz gte vvti engine block with 1jz gte non vvti block.
Beside the complete engine block what other part I need to change?

My current car is an aristo aka lexus GS300 came with 2jz gte vvti twin turbo and the reason I want to do this is to save money from the expensive roadtax. Currently paying for 2K+ and will be reduce to 800 if I change the block.

If possible share with me the pros and cons after changing the 1jz engine block.

Please...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience