B18C non type r~

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
1.6 to 1.8 no problem. it would be the same hassle if u get the b16a as well. same procedure. only thing is u will have to top up money for the car insurance/road tax. 1.6 = rm90, 1.8 = rm179.

as long as the engine code change from original, u will need custom form and approval letter from JPJ. use runner, all can be done in a week. ownself do, 1-3 months.. hahaha.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
get yer workshop to quote the whole package la.. inclusive install AND endorsement.

most workshops if ur car 1.3 oso they can get approval if u go 1.8. so u no need to worry liao.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
i previously used b18c GSR..i had great fun with this engine its powerful. good FC.. this engine is lower in compression, hence ron 95 should be able to adapt.

the intake manifold is dual stage, which helps alot for city driving.

when i play with this engine, i change to b16a pistons, to bump comp, used s90 tb with skunk2 intake, port n polish the head, and b16b cams, vafc,and some other basic mods on a eg9. i was very happy with the performance on the road, drag or track. till now the new owner also is whacking the same engine, with more mods applied.

so if you are going this way, PLEASE GET THE MANUAL! auto means, dont bother asking whether got power, whether good fc, whether worth $$ whther can eat that car, eat this car. etc etc.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
1.6 to 1.8 no problem. it would be the same hassle if u get the b16a as well. same procedure. only thing is u will have to top up money for the car insurance/road tax. 1.6 = rm90, 1.8 = rm179.

as long as the engine code change from original, u will need custom form and approval letter from JPJ. use runner, all can be done in a week. ownself do, 1-3 months.. hahaha.
in that one week still can drive around?

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
i thought more fuel efficient is burn less fuel. burn less fuel mean power and torque may be drop...lol:driver:
I also thought the same. So, I asked my tuner not to tune my car more towards FC but he said when he tunes for me, he will take FC and power/torque into consideration. Meaning balanced between that two.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Ahhaha..more fuel efficient would be more power from same amount of fuel lah
yea... but then even though still either power increase and fuel increase abit or power loss and fuel save abit... lol...

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

but seriously guys. B18C from DC2 can plug and play into EG9 engine bay? the type of integra which 2 big eyes in front

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hehe, an engine is never going to be 100% efficient i.e you're never gonna get all the energy from the fuel+air mixture turn into power at the wheels, some of it is wasted into something else. So let say your engine's efficiency at 60%. You put in 10, you get 6. Getting it to be more fuel efficient would mean the engine's efficiency is increased to 65%. So, instead of 6, you get 6.5, while still putting in 10. Same amount of fuel, more power.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
its a direct plug and play, dont worry abt it. any b-series will fit nicely into an EG, EK or DC.

as for power/performance - AD_EG has already answered. he is a proud owner of that engine and his gsr > type r's

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
its a direct plug and play, dont worry abt it. any b-series will fit nicely into an EG, EK or DC.

as for power/performance - AD_EG has already answered. he is a proud owner of that engine and his gsr > type r's
i thought the cheapest B series was B16A , but then halfcut shop boss told me B18C is cheaper.... it is true?:confused:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
well, to be honest. B16A should be the cheapest. However, due to the ever increasing demand, sellers/suppliers raise the price. It's now around 8k-ish (correct me if im wrong). I bought mine at 6.5k with heaps of goodies.

So at 8k-ish, you can get a b18c GSR (MANUAL). Its around that price. Your halfcut dealer said cheaper cuz he offered you b18c GSR auto. Auto goes for around 5.5k-6.5k-ish. Converting it to manual will take approx 2.5k-3.5k or so. So it'll come back to the original b18c GSR manual halfcut price. I'd say its a gimmick cuz eventually u WILL convert to manual. This is can guarantee.

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
well, to be honest. B16A should be the cheapest. However, due to the ever increasing demand, sellers/suppliers raise the price. It's now around 8k-ish (correct me if im wrong). I bought mine at 6.5k with heaps of goodies.

So at 8k-ish, you can get a b18c GSR (MANUAL). Its around that price. Your halfcut dealer said cheaper cuz he offered you b18c GSR auto. Auto goes for around 5.5k-6.5k-ish. Converting it to manual will take approx 2.5k-3.5k or so. So it'll come back to the original b18c GSR manual halfcut price. I'd say its a gimmick cuz eventually u WILL convert to manual. This is can guarantee.
the B18C GSR was ori manual, that's why im kind of curious.... anyway, its better for me to transplant faster before the price goreng like hell!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys...

My long time plan finally has an update. There is this guy who called me up today and is willing to swap with me his manual gearbox for my auto. Tomorrow we will meet and test each others car. Then if everything is fine, will proceed ^^.

Before anything, just want to get some opinions if there is anyone who done this project before. Please share experience.

1. Is it complicated?
2. Have to change ECU?
3. What are the common problems associated with manual gearbox? For...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience