Ayrton Senna - The Right to Win

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
This is a documentary of F1 Legend Ayrton Senna.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ShPc3nY5m5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And another from Top Gear

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4oLSYSJO5Ik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have always been a die hard fan of Mika Hakkinen..
And that was until I watched Senna..
He changed my perception on the drivers from the 80s..
These guys got testicles made out of titanium and their man sack must be made out of Kevlar..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have always been a die hard fan of Mika Hakkinen..
And that was until I watched Senna..
He changed my perception on the drivers from the 80s..
These guys got testicles made out of titanium and their man sack must be made out of Kevlar..
Mika was a great driver, very fast in the dry but not so in the wet. I also like these Fins (Kimi Raikonen from F1, and Tommi Makinen, Juha Kankunen, etc. from rallying) cuz they don't talk BS and just let their driving do the talking.

In terms of bravery, actually those F1 drivers before the 80s can be considered even more brave since the cars were a lot more dangerous/a lot less safety features. The 80s were already starting go be much safer and only recorded 2 fatalities if I remember correctly, Gilles Villenueve & Elio De Angelis, both during practice. Most of the fatalities happened before the 80s. But still, the 80s cars already produce monstrous power from very peaky turbo engines, so taming those beasts and push them to the limit like they did must had required balls of steel and awesome skill.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

This shows how unbelievably sensitive the guy was. He managed to sense a problem with the engine (camshaft) even when all the engineers did not believe him cuz it did not show in all those sensors & telemetry.

[youtube]oxeEMDYATNc[/youtube]

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Senna is always No.1... I now support Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton... Lewis has the reckless driving style like Senna but not as good as Senna.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Senna is always No.1... I now support Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton... Lewis has the reckless driving style like Senna but not as good as Senna.
Well I won't say reckless but more aggressive maybe the better term. Yeah I support LH too, he wants to be like Senna, but just sometimes his actions a bit questionable like the twitter thing. :)
KR is just so cool, maybe not the fastest but last year definitely proved his worth and made the season much more entertaining.

DareDan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2007
Penang
Kimi has his talent and he had been away from F1 for 1 season?:hmmmm:
And yet he still manage to get 3rd in F1 world championship with Lotus.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
watched re-run of Goodwod festival on astro last week....

finally i can see those peaky pikes peak open class car....the famous toyota tacoma of r.millen.... :adore: :driver:

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

finally i can see those peaky pikes peak open class car....the famous toyota tacoma of r.millen.... :adore: :driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Kimi has his talent and he had been away from F1 for 1 season?:hmmmm:
And yet he still manage to get 3rd in F1 world championship with Lotus.
He was away for 2 seasons! That proves he has great talent. His race craft is also excellent.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

yeah, those guys attacking the pikes peak with 800-1000HP monsters are also awesome. Imagine driving just next to a cliff at such speeds with a beast at your hands. Ari Vatanen used to dominate this event in the mid 80s driving the 205 & 405 Pgt. Then Monster Tajima with his Escudo.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Another great video clip about the legend giving absolutely everything. Got some great sideways actions from the maestro.

[youtube]mQ3PsJWiaVM[/youtube]