Any common problems with BPT engines?

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
who dare to say B8 engines got alot of problems?! Saya Membangkang~! haha

i use to build a VR4 with a partner, build till no more money... good power but reliability tak cun at all... B8 different story, power maybe abit harder to extract but reliability is superb... the engine is very strong... once you know how to pull its power, you will enjoy every moment of it..

the only problem i faced with my b8 halfcut was alternator problem and aircond pully... which repairs was very very cheap... other than that, it has served me well in smoking other people on the highways... woohoo...

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
IMHO VJ20s don't reliably run above 1 bar. Maybe you can get more boost from it, but the turbine shaft isn't built to spin faster than that to get above 1 bar of boost. The lifespan of the turbo will be much shorter.

There should be no issues about engine response at low boost with proper tuning. It's all in the tuning guys. Invest in a good ECU and dyno tuning.

It's not difficult to extract power from B8 engines either, as long as you do it right. Remember that when you upgrade one part, you must upgrade the rest of the system as well. Then you will get maximum results. It's not just about bolting on the biggest turbo you can buy from a junkyard.

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
just make sure u know wut you're doing la, don't put in anything without research and advise from more experienced people, later your 180whp engine drop to 150whp... i have seen it before... too many people just simply upgrade without studying and getting the proper measurements...

Battousai... i think i've met you before... you're vina's brother right? driving the car you named "quisksilver" right?

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
whoa... sorry dude... haha~! i'm actually kat's friend... i didn't know you car had such 'interesting' names... anyway, it's good to know that B8 is still a very high in demand engine... all the best in you future mods...

if fate would allow it, we'll meet la... my car is quite easy to spot around Klang Valley roads...

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
wanted to ask for VF8 turbo how high can i boost and what will be my hp around at full boost ???
im planning to put it in before SDB

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Bros, when i engage to 1st gear, why got the krak krak sound? Only the 1st gear, others got, but rare. :adore:

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Ouch Ouch~~~

So happy, at least i have sama kakis... Kekeke~~~

I am a newbie at the force induction section, keeping it as standard as possible now is my goal, upgrade one by one to sustain max boost~~~

What is your preferable boost? How much do you want to achieve?

Last edited:

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
if my turbo can support i wan to go for standard boost 1.5 bar and if turbo and fueling can support i wan push for high boost at 1.8 bar ....
but clutch have to change la

Battousai

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.durifto.blogspot.com
Why does everyone have this obsession with high boost? You should aim to produce your target HP with as low boost as possible. High boost puts a huge strain on your engine internals.

Rajie: to answer your question, I think the VF8 can effectively boost around 1.3 bar? But the center section of the VJ20/VF10/VF8 are all the same, so the turbine shaft isn't really happy spinning at high speed. It is my opinion that RELIABLE boost for all these turbos are about 1.0 - 1.2 bar.

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Why does everyone have this obsession with high boost? You should aim to produce your target HP with as low boost as possible. High boost puts a huge strain on your engine internals.

Rajie: to answer your question, I think the VF8 can effectively boost around 1.3 bar? But the center section of the VJ20/VF10/VF8 are all the same, so the turbine shaft isn't really happy spinning at high speed. It is my opinion that RELIABLE boost for all these turbos are about 1.0 - 1.2 bar.

:love: Thanks for the info bro. That is what i heard also, the shaft ain't happy with high revolutions. :bawling:

Long live B8 with manong~~~ :itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, I'm a Transformers fans here.

After realising a 3D Transformer sticker would cost me RM40+ to do it. I decide to do my own cheap cheap DIY emblem which I think I could afford. It took me only RM5 to do this. Sticking some junk carbon fiber pieces behind and a transformer stickers. Taken it with a DSLR camera (lowest grade) with macro mode after a rainy night.

Please rate it!

Do post more creative...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience