Anti roll / sway bar for SW20

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi, all 2's bros,
I am looking at upgrading my roll/sway bars to reduce body rolls.
Can anyone tell me where & what should I get? TRD, ST, UR or what bars?
Read somewhere increase the front will reduce oversteer, is it true? Anyone have some experience?
Intention is to reduce as much oversteer as possible.
Any help appreciated. Thank you.:smile:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Hi Green06,

Yes bro. It's true that anti roll bar / sway bar will reduce body rolls. It's depend what brands u need. ST and UR are more to cost effective if compare to TRD. For me personally, i prefer TRD compare to those others. I'm not brand minded but i'm a bit fussy to choose anything to fit in my 2. So far as i know, UR made from lightweight steel.

Currently i'm using both front and rear anti roll / sway bar from TRD. Front and rear TRD tower bar. Current handling performance are superb.

If u want to correct the oversteer (as always 2's common problem), u need to consider for front under brace with all the other bars as mention above. It different if u want to correct understeer.. :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Thanks bros,
Where to get front under brace and sway bar?:stupid:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
If u wanna go with UR, they will have everything for u.

If u wanna go for TRD, they only have both front and rear anti roll / sway bar and also both front and rear tower bar. The only thing that TRD don't have is front under brace bar for MR2. They only have for MRS.

Mine still using from TOM's that come with car. I'm also still looking for replacement under brace bar with brand Sustec Tanabe. Hard to find used part. Need to buy brand new from oversea. Other choise need to use UR.

Why not join for TT? We can discuss all thing about our 2's with others..

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi dr-snape,
R U sure UR have all the bars for SW20? Last month I visited one shop at Sunway PJS and they enquire for me, there is none for SW20 b'cos it is sooooooo old. Have to custom make and need to remove from car, for a few days maybe a week or so.
If U jalan, let me know where to buy OK? many thanks.....:burnout:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Hai ya..
Who are the one said like that. Even our 2's already old but spare parts are still available around. This people don't know anything. Hopefully he is not mechanic.. For me, "i'll not fall in the same hole twice". :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thank's to yeehau86 for the link..

MRMIC2

1,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2004
If u wanna go with UR, they will have everything for u.

If u wanna go for TRD, they only have both front and rear anti roll / sway bar and also both front and rear tower bar. The only thing that TRD don't have is front under brace bar for MR2. They only have for MRS.

Mine still using from TOM's that come with car. I'm also still looking for replacement under brace bar with brand Sustec Tanabe. Hard to find used part. Need to buy brand new from oversea. Other choise need to use UR.

Why not join for TT? We can discuss all thing about our 2's with others..
Hi Dr snape, nice to meet you. Btw the UR bars were copied from my tanabe sustec under bar brace. Only material different.ori is aluminum. I made 5 units for members...hehe

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Hi, all 2's bros,
I am looking at upgrading my roll/sway bars to reduce body rolls.
Can anyone tell me where & what should I get? TRD, ST, UR or what bars?
Read somewhere increase the front will reduce oversteer, is it true? Anyone have some experience?
Intention is to reduce as much oversteer as possible.
Any help appreciated. Thank you.:smile:
Uncle green..you don't drive fast no need stabilizer bars..hehehe..:bawling:

dr_snape_79

500 RPM
Sep 10, 2006
Perak
Oh, so UR is copied from sustec tanabe. Wonder the design looks same. Hehehe.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Currently i'm still looking for aluminium sustec tanabe for front under brace. I just only know that UR is made from reinforce steel. I'm afraid that it will be a bit heavy if compare with aluminium.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Oblivion,
It's your car at over UR page? Hehehe.. :biggrin::biggrin: so nice being a model car. They supposed to give you 1 set free. Hahaha..:adore::adore:

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Dr_Snape,

No lar, not free, but discounted :) But even after discount, a full set like that would cost over 1k.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

For the intro, my sister in law have a Proton Savvy AMT and currently some part of the gearbox is not working well and after asking for the replacement parts @Proton service it costs around RM9k. So I'm thinking of suggesting her to just swap the engine into other alternative engine since the current engine maintainability is quite high.

So the question here, what are the available engines that can fit into Proton Savvy? Legally endorse of course. At the moment thinking...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience