318ci performance

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eswaran,

Hey bro., get a 318ci for its styling (chick magnet), cheaper car pricing + cheaper roadtax!!! Then drop in a HKS Supercharger kit (launched not long ago) for de added performance!!! I guess in this way it wil serve all de purpose u wanna... :D

eswaran

Apr 30, 2005
318ci??

:) Appreciate it.Wow!supercharger kit how much does it cause and any side effects of fixing it.How much horses can it add? Is it by Hamman or Schnitzer?If it adds about 30 bhp without swaalowing too much petrol than I might just go for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Check out the pictures in E46 fanatics forum.They are way too cool! :cool: :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
eswaran said:
:) Appreciate it.Wow!supercharger kit how much does it cause and any side effects of fixing it.How much horses can it add? Is it by Hamman or Schnitzer?If it adds about 30 bhp without swaalowing too much petrol than I might just go for it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Check out the pictures in E46 fanatics forum.They are way too cool! :cool: :cool: :cool: :rolleyes:

eswaran,
Got 1 old friend, previously run on a dark grey E36 325i. He installed the supercharged, which cost him around RM24k that time (around 2-3 years back). Donno what happened after that.

Last 2 months, accidently meet him again at S. ALam. Now he's driving Evo 7 (black color. reg no. XXX8887). So, i asked him what happened to his previous E36 supercharged tu?. He told me that even though with the supercharged, that one night he raced with a Evo 6.5 TME at NKVE, still lost 2-3 cars!. He told me that time the speed was >240kmh:eek: :eek:
So, after that terus tukar to Japenese car (evo)

So, my conclusion was, u need to spend much $$$ on conti to make it fast, due to pricy performance parts etc. Not so worthful. If u really want to go fast, buy Japanese car. Power to $$$ ratio not that big, as compared to conti.

Just my opinion!!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eswaran,

Hey Brader, wil check out de actual pricing for u on de HKS Supercharger kit... But i guess it should b ard RM30k +/-!!! I was damn crazy abt Bimmer b4 too... so i kinda know how u feel... hehehe... 318 ci or 325i.... de same Q i asked myself many times yrs ago... hahaha... For Bimmer, some ppl jus like its outlook... so when they get their car, they wil do their best to upgrade de outlook by changing bigger wheel (18' or 19') n body kit (Hamann, Schnitzer, Racing Dynamic, Mutec, MVR n etc) without touching de engine. Whereas some ppl r very hardcore abt performance, they wil drop in a Supercharger kit, racing ECU chip, change exhuast, filter n etc... So which group u belong to? But FYI, to own a Bimmer n mod it, u better hv a strong financial back up!!! hehehe... :D Tht's what pull me back from owning 1...

As for a supercharger kit, for sure it wil drink more fuel than a ori. Bimmer... But it wil get u more than 30hp from stock!!! But if u wanna to race against cars like Evo or STi, M3 is de only choice u hv!!! LOL Even M3 with stock engine, i guess it only managed to match de above mentioned cars n not beating them... unless u go in very high speed, say > 220km/h!!!

eswaran

Apr 30, 2005
supracharged...?

:eek: RM30k and more consumption? :eek: In that case might aswell get a 325i or 323i with a sunroof. Much worth it even with a slightly higher roadtax compared to 318i. Anyway what's the difference between 323i or 325 i. And what's up with 320i with 2.2 L engine when 320 i is ment for 2 L?

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eswaran,

Yo brader, u hv to know tht u r now choosing BMW!!! n not other local cars n Jap cars... As i said to u... better hv deep pocket if u wanna 'play' with BMW!!! hehehe... :D Eventhough u get a 323i or 325i... unless u wanna stay stock! Anyway... hv u check out what de pricing if u wanna change a 17'/18'/19' Hamann or Schnitzer rims? And oso tyres cost for 17'/18'/19'? Actually to buy a BMW is not tht difficult, de toughest part is de upgrade planning!!! Tht wil kil u as those after mkt parts r very expensive n hard to get!!! ;)

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
eswaran said:
:eek: RM30k and more consumption? :eek: In that case might aswell get a 325i or 323i with a sunroof. Much worth it even with a slightly higher roadtax compared to 318i. Anyway what's the difference between 323i or 325 i. And what's up with 320i with 2.2 L engine when 320 i is ment for 2 L?
Each newer model of BMW is bigger (sometimes heavier) than the previous generation hence they had to upgrade the engine. The first batch of E46 318i came with 4-pot 1.9l engine, then they introduced the 318i 2.0 but did not call it 320i coz they had the 2.2l 6 cylinder engine in the 320i (previously the engine was a 2.0 6-cylinder).

The small capacity 6-cylinder engine has been phased out so now the new 320i is the 4-pot 2.0l valvetronic engine.

The 323i is a detuned 2.5l engine to meet emission requirements, less bhp (172 compared to 192) but same torque. When they came out with the new 2.5 engine which meets emission regulations, the 325i was re-introduced.

It's no use comparing a 325i against any Evo. The 325i is an executive saloon in the mid range of the 3 series whereas the Evo is the top of the tree for the Lancer/Cedia class aimed at different market segments.

Yes, the Evo can makan the 325i for top speed and acceleration but euro cars are built for long distance high speed driving. Drive the 325i at 200kph and see how far it can go before refuelling.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
Stormvolution 9 said:
eswaran,

Yo brader, u hv to know tht u r now choosing BMW!!! n not other local cars n Jap cars... As i said to u... better hv deep pocket if u wanna 'play' with BMW!!! hehehe... :D Eventhough u get a 323i or 325i... unless u wanna stay stock! Anyway... hv u check out what de pricing if u wanna change a 17'/18'/19' Hamann or Schnitzer rims? And oso tyres cost for 17'/18'/19'? Actually to buy a BMW is not tht difficult, de toughest part is de upgrade planning!!! Tht wil kil u as those after mkt parts r very expensive n hard to get!!! ;)
Play jap cars doesn't mean cheap. But you can find a lot of cheap imitation accessories for jap cars. If you want to go for the real deal, it is still expensive. See how much those original magnesium rims cost for skyline.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Kookaburra,

Yo bro., u r rite man... If u really wanna to go for de real deal, it wil cost u arms n legs even for Jap car such as Evo, STi or GTR... hehehe... But at least it is not as difficult to get compare to BMW's after 'real' mkt parts... Really nice to hear from u, hope u can share more of ur experiences in BMW here!!! Cheers!!!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eswaran,

Yo... so hv u decided on what to get? 320ci / 323i / 325i? Hehehe... Tough rite?

eswaran

Apr 30, 2005
320i

Not to worry cause i'm only getting it next year. By then 320i would only cause rm130k per piece while 325i would be around rm140k. If roadtax,petrol and insurance don't bother me, i might be going for the 325i.....or not 320i would be just nice with those 18 inch M sport rims :rolleyes:

eswaran

Apr 30, 2005
petrol price up agian!!!

Not suprised if country is on it's way to bankruptcy........Hope price for other goods will also rise so my cousin and freinds can have deeper pockets as i own some share in those business but now will not able to do so. Will do it after couple of months so that will not be caught.... ;) But i think will stick to 320i...... 325i cause higher petrol consumption.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eswaran,

Hey brader, tht's de way... Take more time to decide in order to make sure no wrong decision been made!!! By next yr, i guess BMW E46 wil b a bargain as de new model (E90) going to b another big hit again... Which means lots of E46 owner wil b changing new car soon... Actually i stil thinking of getting a 320ci / 323ci or 325ci for myself when de pricing drop til reaching my budget... hehehe... So brader, lets hope for de best next yr!!! Cheers!!! Currently am on Jap ride! :D What abt u?

eswaran

Apr 30, 2005
Petrol up

Currently Wira...unmodded. Sentra 1.6SG-L sometimes if allowed by parents. Used to have modded iswara but had a crash last year at high speed. :confused: Lucky to be alive........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
eswaran,

Wow fren, u r a lucky 1 man... crashed @ high speed... very dangerous ler... So better b 200% careful next time when u do get ur BMW!!! hehehe... For me safety always come 1st!!! So make sure all cars tht u drive, de brake system is good!!! ;)