(1.8 Mivec) 4G93 + Mivec head successfully done!!!!!!

4G93Brothers

Oct 10, 2004
JB
hi there every1...

i just got my 4g93 + MIVEC head done last week...
it feels great with the ported n polished head...even with my stock pistons...10.5:1 comp ratio
did a top overhaul before installation...changed all the valve seals n grind the valves...this is my 1st time expose to mivec internals...it's kinda complicated...but it's good to understand your engine well...i enjoyed carrying out the mod.
if u really want more power...slot in the mivec hi comp pistons...stock mivec comp ratio 11.0:1 but in 4G93 block it will be 12/12.5:1 as the stroke is longer.
as i know...pistons...conrods...n crankshaft has their own balancing...so this is the reason y i nvr use the mivec pistons. up 2 u man.
i'm driving satria GTi...
just have to use the whole engine wiring...which nvr go through the fusebox...mivec 7035 ECU.
the front cut i bought came with 2 way LSD close ratio transmission...Racing flywheel...custom air intake piping with K&N air filter.
2 way LSD...not good for town driving & high speed. close ratio...u'll pay 4 the fuel...but the acceleration is there...i noticed that it's a bit hard to gain speed after 150km/h at 4th gear...what i think is because of the 2 way LSD n the racing flywheel. Do u guys agree?

if any1 out there going to perform this mod...better buy the MIVEC half cut...then fit all your unwanted stuffs back to the mivec engine block n sell as a normal 4G92...with 1.8 head, gearbox, wiring n ECU. the mod will be more complete.

i'm located in JB...Malaysia.

oh yeah b4 i forgot...u need a set of EVO 4 timing belt 1st...because 4G93 block is higher....so your stock timing belt can't fit in.

Regards,

Stewart

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
kl
wow what a great mod.. so envy!!

can let me how much did u spent on everything? and how about the fuel consumption compare to last time?

mutanX

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Sunway
wow....nice job man...
good to hear that..
my big bros planning to do the same thing..

4G93Brothers

Oct 10, 2004
JB
thank u guys...
well, about the cost...the mivec half cut is about RM6k...after i install all my 4g93 unwanted parts to the mivec front cut i'm selling for RM4K to my fren together with the rear disc brake assembly.
those spares like the top overhaul gasket and seal set, belting and bearings...new battery(need the smaller 1 for relocation purpose)...new iridium plugs etc...it cost about around...RM1200...the EVO 4 timing belt itself cost me RM290.
the fuel consumption is not that low because i'm using 2 way LSD n close ratio transmission...really torqueky as i can say...imagine i'm crusing 40km/h + with 5th gear n still got the torque to gain speed...long distance ... 4000rpm at 110km/h@5th gear...u guys should know la...depends on u also...u need acceleration or high speed. that's all for now.
Regards to u all.

satria 770

Feb 22, 2007
mine also 1.8 mivec last time
port polish
balancing
piston 82.5 mivec
timing belt toyota
cam jun type 3 308 degree
with valve spring
the idling..... u know how it is
air cond is a big trouble
gearbox standart lsd semi lock
at last i used microtech lt10-s with x-4
fuel consumtion consider ok
top speed the best
can get along with turbo
but my experience at this stage
it is not comfort to be on the road car
for me it is a satisfaction

nashlovebrown

2,000 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
kl
yeah mine also last time had nearly same mod, very good pickup

4G93 mivec RS
port polish
titanium valve
engine balancing
adjustable campulley
83mm B8 piston
LSD full lock
1.5mm metal gasket
im not sure about the timing belt hehehe

ermmm thats all i remember wahahha now back to 1.6 mivec after my engine "BLOWWWWWWWW" what a waste

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
hi there every1...

i just got my 4g93 + MIVEC head done last week...
it feels great with the ported n polished head...even with my stock pistons...10.5:1 comp ratio
did a top overhaul before installation...changed all the valve seals n grind the valves...this is my 1st time expose to mivec internals...it's kinda complicated...but it's good to understand your engine well...i enjoyed carrying out the mod.
if u really want more power...slot in the mivec hi comp pistons...stock mivec comp ratio 11.0:1 but in 4G93 block it will be 12/12.5:1 as the stroke is longer.
as i know...pistons...conrods...n crankshaft has their own balancing...so this is the reason y i nvr use the mivec pistons. up 2 u man.
i'm driving satria GTi...
just have to use the whole engine wiring...which nvr go through the fusebox...mivec 7035 ECU.
the front cut i bought came with 2 way LSD close ratio transmission...Racing flywheel...custom air intake piping with K&N air filter.
2 way LSD...not good for town driving & high speed. close ratio...u'll pay 4 the fuel...but the acceleration is there...i noticed that it's a bit hard to gain speed after 150km/h at 4th gear...what i think is because of the 2 way LSD n the racing flywheel. Do u guys agree?

if any1 out there going to perform this mod...better buy the MIVEC half cut...then fit all your unwanted stuffs back to the mivec engine block n sell as a normal 4G92...with 1.8 head, gearbox, wiring n ECU. the mod will be more complete.

i'm located in JB...Malaysia.

oh yeah b4 i forgot...u need a set of EVO 4 timing belt 1st...because 4G93 block is higher....so your stock timing belt can't fit in.

Regards,
mine 1.6 mivec can go fast till 170KMH @4th gear, i duno how LSD and racing clutch can effect ur speed...racing clutch gv u more grip for power transmision, and lsd gv u better handling when u on hard turning...

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
juz wat i needed...coz was planning for doing this upgrade oso...isit a must 2 get a piggyback when running the mivec ecu...or juz get a standalone?

Last edited:

cooljas

500 RPM
Jan 24, 2005
mine also 1.8 mivec last time
port polish
balancing
piston 82.5 mivec
timing belt toyota
cam jun type 3 308 degree
with valve spring
the idling..... u know how it is
air cond is a big trouble
gearbox standart lsd semi lock
at last i used microtech lt10-s with x-4
fuel consumtion consider ok
top speed the best
can get along with turbo
but my experience at this stage
it is not comfort to be on the road car
for me it is a satisfaction
Mivec piston i seen bfore is in stock form 81mm and oversize mivec piston is 82mm, may i know which mivec piston u r using?

Jun type 3 never exist for Mivec...where u got ur Jun Type 3 from...i think a lot of mivec owners will like to know tis as well....

nashlovebrown

2,000 RPM
Aug 26, 2005
kl
yup my LSD gearbox 4th gear can go up to 180kmph...never change anything stock one only with 1.8 block.....

never heard about 82.5mm mivec piston and JUN type 3 308.

my mechanic said got 304 degrees for mivec not sure what brand.