Chevrolet Cruze now in Malaysia!

keshy

500 RPM
Dec 12, 2007

The car that has taken the world by storm is now in Malaysia. Naza Group of Companies introduced the multiple award-winning Chevrolet Cruze at an event launched by Prime Minister Dato' Seri Najib Tun Razak.

The Chevrolet Cruze is equipped with a 1.8-liter, 4-cylinder power plant that generates 140hp at 6200rpm and 176Nm of torque at 3800rpm. The engine also features Double Continuous Variable Cam Phasing (or DCVCP) and a Variable Cam Phasing system that helps with the entire run smooth, clean and efficient ethos of modern engines.

Power is delivered to the front wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission with shifttronic function - and complete with a shortened shift handle to enhance the car's sportiness. Complementing the power is the Chevy's superior safety features which has earned it a 5-star rating by the European and Australian New Car Assessment Program (Euro-NCAP and ANCAP).

Apart from power and drivetrain technologies, the Cruze also incorporates other technologies that contributed to its global success. This includes a Body Frame Integral (BFI) architecture is stiffer and provides drivers with a heightened sense of solidity, stability and dynamic response. This is further strengthened by the car's MacPherson strut front suspension, with components consisting of hydraulic ride bushings and a front direct-acting hollow stabilizer bar, complemented by a U-shaped rear suspension system with torsion beams. Damping rates have been tuned to enhance handling while ensuring road irregularities are isolated from the interior as much as possible. This is matched by a steering system tuned to further enhance handling response.

The Cruze is also renowned for its sound dampening qualities. A four-point mounting system isolates the engine from the chassis and voids the interior of any mechanical harshness and noise that may arise from the engine's operation. This is also done using a formed fiberglass blanket on the underside of the hood serves as an effective barrier to engine noise and additional sound damping mats to further stop noise transfer into the cabin. The Chevrolet Cruze takes its sound dampening very seriously that even the roof lining is of thermal fiber acoustic design and incorporates five layers for superior sound isolation.

For safety, the Cruze employs a standard Vehicle Stability Enhancement System which uses electronic brake and traction control capabilities to provide more precise and controlled anti-lock braking performance as well as exceptional traction and yaw stability.

As a global car, the Cruze benefits from GM's comprehensive global quality process and Global Delta architecture targeted at achieving top-level build quality. All aspects of the vehicle are highly scrutinized to meet worldwide expectations. The Chevrolet Cruze retails in Malaysian for approximately RM99,000.00 on the road.

<dl class="ZenphotoPress_badge ZenphotoPress_shortcode"></dl>

Last edited:

-wolfie-

Known Member
Jun 12, 2005
Seremban
Erm... with the petrol price is hiking faster than the bunny pushing those little bunnies out.. and now another car is brought in... I dun mean to be judging... but at least bring is some nice car... Lumina SS spec with V8 pushing out 384 hp... but yet again.. another family sedan... sad...:smokin:

septzz

Jun 17, 2009
Nice car!
Is it any better compared to Kia Forte which is approx RM20k lower?
Or maybe Ford Focus Diesel? It is more expensive but it's the cheapest diesel car out in the market before BMW

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Erm... with the petrol price is hiking faster than the bunny pushing those little bunnies out.. and now another car is brought in... I dun mean to be judging... but at least bring is some nice car... Lumina SS spec with V8 pushing out 384 hp... but yet again.. another family sedan... sad...:smokin:
Not much ppl can affort a V8 road tax. Nice looking sedan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

After months of waiting finally i'm able to try out Tufoil.Just pour in my 1st bottle yest mornin.

Im using Mitsu GSR turbo engine which is stock standard...

1)Mobil 20/50 mineral oil. (running in new service turbo) + 1 Bottle Tufoil.
2)MMC Ori oil filters.
3)Clean air filters.
4)4 Brand New Denso Iridium IK22#4/5310#4 heat range 7.

Plus im running on V-Power petrol + 1 Bottle 500ml Afterburn.

I realised my car running much much more smoother & feels lighter on open...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience