CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

estear

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
So, in other words, the technology is more advanced in land rover...price is also higher:biggrin:
Yeah, I think Campro is meant to be a 'low cost' engine. That's why it's uncertain what direction the Campro CPS-T is heading. Do they need to deliver more power or torque or both? For the entire range or just for the low revs? For sure, the S4PH won't power any muscle car...

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Yeah, I think Campro is meant to be a 'low cost' engine. That's why it's uncertain what direction the Campro CPS-T is heading. Do they need to deliver more power or torque or both? For the entire range or just for the low revs? For sure, the S4PH won't power any muscle car...
They should only focus on the low rev since most Malaysian drive below 4k rpm to save fuel. But personally, I prefer torque for the entire rpm since I like to push it all the way to the red line.:biggrin:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
It will be a totally new ball game when they launch the turbocharged series. Sometimes, too much torque or power will make it difficuilt to drive and bottom line, handing is still critical. No matter how many horses you have, if the car isn't controllable, it means nothing la...safety comes first afterall. They might opt for low boost setting due to reliability and wear & tear rate. Would it be manual or auto transmission for the new turbo engine?

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
I doubt there will be any prob with the handling if the campro is boosted at a 'standard' 0.6bar.. If its coupled with lotus ride and handling, it will be great.. I wish proton comes out with +/- type g/b soon..

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
It will be a totally new ball game when they launch the turbocharged series. Sometimes, too much torque or power will make it difficuilt to drive and bottom line, handing is still critical. No matter how many horses you have, if the car isn't controllable, it means nothing la...safety comes first afterall. They might opt for low boost setting due to reliability and wear & tear rate. Would it be manual or auto transmission for the new turbo engine?

Btw, Curb weight for Gen 2 is heavy, 150hp with 240NM torque should be an idea set up.:driver:

artworkz

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
JB
maybe add a LSD or traction control(by using ABS sensor to detect spin tyre to limit/control throttle body opening when engine over power. this oso a cheap way coz campro original come with electric throttle body). use 215/45/17 ll be help to deliver power. hope new car ll come with this option.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
I doubt there will be any prob with the handling if the campro is boosted at a 'standard' 0.6bar.. If its coupled with lotus ride and handling, it will be great.. I wish proton comes out with +/- type g/b soon..
Even at 0.6bar, you need to know how to handle it...else, just to say good luck la.. I thought standard should be 0.5 or 0.7bar?

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

maybe add a LSD or traction control(by using ABS sensor to detect spin tyre to limit/control throttle body opening when engine over power. this oso a cheap way coz campro original come with electric throttle body). use 215/45/17 ll be help to deliver power. hope new car ll come with this option.
...not sure if you really need a LSD with 150bhp on it and 215/45/17 setting helps in terms of better traction and handling but it might affect your performance though...and the tyre is not cheap if you wanna buy branded ones.

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Btw, Curb weight for Gen 2 is heavy, 150hp with 240NM torque should be an idea set up.:driver:
...but power to weight ratio might be an issue with 150bhp. What I know of is that a GSR in a Waja feels like nothing and it is a 1.8L turbocharged engine. But for daily driving, it's fun though.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Normally, set up from stock is idea for daily comfort drive and fuel efficiency.
So, u will not see agressive G- force :biggrin:

hachiroku clan

500 RPM
Oct 16, 2008
i thought the earlier post meant something like torque steer.. Hahah i doubt the campro will be able to cause torque steer.. YET.. 0.6bar is the average, some manufacturers have higher, some lower boost.. Just wondering how much hp will it have? Circa 155hp ish?

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Normally, set up from stock is idea for daily comfort drive and fuel efficiency.
So, u will not see agressive G- force :biggrin:
I still prefer a modified setting :biggrin: For stock setup, no fun la...

---------- Post added at 07:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

i thought the earlier post meant something like torque steer.. Hahah i doubt the campro will be able to cause torque steer.. YET.. 0.6bar is the average, some manufacturers have higher, some lower boost.. Just wondering how much hp will it have? Circa 155hp ish?
Let's wait and see... I believe there are many people who are curious to know the potential too with the new Turbo...

Jan 23, 2010
Johor
Hi Guys,
Just wanna know if anyone had any experience on the new Proton CPS engine management?....

If compared to VVTI or DVVT, would it have any advantages or disadvantages?... how about fuel comsumption and how about the performance in terms of acceleration and top speed...?

Just share your inputs...this is an open discussion..

Cheer:rofl:
Hi All,
Appreciated if someone can tell about the max HP to turned up by original engine.

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Hi All,
Appreciated if someone can tell about the max HP to turned up by original engine.
So far, the max hp that I heard from a turbocharged CAMPRO is ~170bhp. Not sure whether other sifus have anything to share...