Radiators

Penghanyut

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
KL
Hi all,
I need some feedback from you guys whom has tried using fully aluminium radiators.
Do they really make A LOT of difference in terms of cooling down water temp?
My term "A LOT" means at least 10degrees celcius lower than of stock radiator temp.
Also is there a significant difference in terms of cooling efficiency comparing those china/taiwan made aluminium radiators to those branded ones such as koyo, ARC etc? (Considering the china/taiwan product costs only about 1/4 of those branded ones)
Also there is another cheaper option which is to change the core from copper to aluminium while retaining the original fiber top and bottom cover. It this worth doing?
Need feedbacks from users hopefully I won't make a wrong decision.
Sick of keep having overheating issues. Just wanna solve it once and for all.
Thanks in advance mates!

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
well,from the feed back that i got from my customers,most of them satisfied with it.about the
degree it reduces,i'm not sure cos never measure it.compare to koyo n arc,u should know
by now that their quality r much more higher and their labor is expensive thus the high price.
i really not sure how much they charge for changing the copper core to aluminum core but
from experience,usually the top of the radiator causes problem.usually they tend to crack
after a period of time.u can ask those evo's owner about this.back to efficiency,the core
is 1 1/2 bigger then the stock.i think that is why they r more efficient then the stock.
just my 2 cent.:sleep:

ganfh

Known Member
Aug 7, 2006
But for cars with thermostat isn't the water temp same no matter what kind of radiator we use? :hmmmm:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
But for cars with thermostat isn't the water temp same no matter what kind of radiator we use? :hmmmm:

very true
i use a full aluminium radiator as well
thermostat opens up at certain temperature and so does
the fan , wht changes when u use full aluminium is

1. head disipation is better
2. dnt have to worry bout the oem radiator cracking + gasket leaks
3. temperature remains the same, jst that when temp goes up , when the thermostat and fans hits , it gets cooler faster and more efficient

if someone comes and says he gets soo much lower temp compared from wht he is supposed to get, congrat him, ask him to go fix his car :P , in order for the engine to work efficiently , in has to be at correct operating temp

Penghanyut

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
KL
GT AUTO,
Thanks for the helpful info.
I have just found another guy selling DENSO 2 layers aluminium core radiator.
Now I'm lost and don't know which to choose.
Say, IF the fully alu radiator got clogged, how are they going to clean the tubes inside?
Labour charge wise? Expensive?
Considering those taiwan made fully alu radiator vs the denso 2layer alu core now.

jinkl,
You've got PM. :D

Bump: Oops jinkl, your PM box is full.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
i'm not really sure how much they charge for servicing a clogged aluminum radiator bro.
haven't experience it before with others.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
err sorry, my inbox will remain full lolx
can ask the question here

Bump:
GT AUTO,
Thanks for the helpful info.
I have just found another guy selling DENSO 2 layers aluminium core radiator.
Now I'm lost and don't know which to choose.
Say, IF the fully alu radiator got clogged, how are they going to clean the tubes inside?
Labour charge wise? Expensive?
Considering those taiwan made fully alu radiator vs the denso 2layer alu core now.

jinkl,
You've got PM. :D

Bump: Oops jinkl, your PM box is full.
i would opt for the fully
price wise its around 5XX
err it doesnt get clogged if u pt good coolant and flush it maybe 3 months once
i was using the denso , erm , the top and bottom fiber/plastics still cracked on my

Penghanyut

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
KL
Hi guys,
Apart from the top and bottom covers, I assume the Denso 2 core alu radiator's cooling efficiency is good enough right?
Just afraid that these Taiwanese fully alu rad isn't durable/reliable.
Since these Taiwanese radiators are thicker than OEM, is the material's heat dissipation ability good enough to cool down the bigger amount of water in the tank?
Any problem using the radiator cap they provide? Or its advisable to change?
Would like to hear more feedbacks from end users themselves rather than "my friend's using it and ..........."

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i buy china/taiwan stuff as long as it is static items , things tht dont move
as for radiator cap, it has a mechanism , so advised to change it , rm10 ?

Penghanyut

Known Member
Jul 19, 2005
KL
jinkl,
So I assume you're using the Taiwan/China made alu radiators right?
How long have you been using it?
What turbo were you using when you install the radiator?
Will it clear your fan/turbo/piping space?
As my current radiator fan is already touching on my i/c piping, I'm pretty sure once I install the alu rad then I'm gonna have to mod the i/c piping to make way for the fan right?
The fan motor is now touching with the air intake i/c piping :(