Manchester united football club

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Am so damn disappointed and sad after the game, and i was actually hv had a sleepless nite... Lotsa questions flying through my mind n the last 2 poor performances jus kept coming up, cost me my sleep...

We hv had 2 very very bad performances within 7 days after a superb run of form... Against Spurs at White Hart Lane & Man City at hom... Unbelievable!!! This City game is particularly SUCKY!!! All fans hv had high hopes on our team as its a BIG BIG occasion where v need a win to honour our ex-players who hv lost their life in the Munich air crash... But v were let down BIG TIME by our team... BIG TIME!!!

I start to ask myself few Qs, some r pretty harsh... 1. Was it really wrong to hv tht Saudi trip when an experience manager as SAF knew v hv got a tight schedule ahead of us??? Is tht 1mil pounds tht important?! CQ was right to said tht our team play with no inspiration & passion at all... Yeah, most players hv had a international game, but doesnt tht our coaches shld know all this long b4 hand??? But players like Giggsy & Scholesy played badly as well without hving any game in the mid wk...

2. Lets not fool with ourselves, v need a striker up front... A proper physical striker, if v r to continue pumping hopeful balls up front from the back... But again & again SAF refuse to buy... Its strange!!! With Tevez alone, our defenders keep supplying long balls into the opponent box... When v hv Ronnie, Scholesy, Giggsy, Nani & Anderson playing in the middle, why the hell 'Long Ball'??? I jus cant imagine what if Tevez get injure?! Who r v gonna play with as a striker?! Wellbeck???

3. I think overall Giggsy hv had a below par season so far... Every wk i try to tell myself: 'Mayb this game, mayb in this game Giggsy gonna show us an inspirational performance to lift the team... He can do it... I wanna him to b the MoTM...' But everytime or 9.5 out of 10 times i was left disappointed, frustrated n speechless... I do ask myself, if he isnt Ryan Giggs, with such a performance do he deserve to b in ManUtd team let alone playing 1st team football wk in wk out... I really think v need to find a better Captain, who can lift the team & inspire the other players... At the moment, i jus think Giggsy cant provide it to the team... Jus like why Capello wanna to look for a new captain for England... What kinda characters a true captain need to hv and what he can bring to the team... I feel bad to say all this abt Giggsy as he is our living Legend... But... R v gonna sacrifice our performance for his record cap for the club?! I stil think its BEST to bring him on for the final 30 or so minutes, in tht way i think he wil hv a better influence on our team... V cant live in the past too much... SAF got to evaluate all this seriously...

4. What was actually going on in Rio's mind in yest game?! He made way too many schoolboy mistakes in a single match!!! He is suppose to b 1 of our leader in the team especially with tht Brown n Sheasy as our FB... I would say he was de 1 to blame for the 1st goal v conceded... He was just standing there watching Vassell to hv his 1st shot... He shld hv go in n tackle the ball jus like Vida always did... Sigh...

5. Was very surprised abt SAF selection of Scholesy & Anderson in the middle... Anderson played pretty good, but Scholesy was forced to play behind him n not to pour too much forward which really limited his ability & influence on the team... I think Ronnie were very ineffective in this game too... Hardly see him do anything to threaten City...

But comes to think of it properly, if ManUtd win this game the Bookies all over the world wil go bankrupt!!! Everybody was jus expecting ManUtd to whip City without any problem especially after City lousy showing against AFC last wk & their lastest form...

I jus hope all the players wil realise tht they hv let their fans all over the world down, BIG TIME!!! V now need a big performance from Blackburn tonite to keep us in the title race... Of cause v stil hv a chance to retain the title, but the possibility of it, is jus getting slimmer after yest performance n defeat...

V need to pick ourselves up soonest n b prepared to hv a tough game against AFC in the FA Cup come Sat... V cant afford to lose this 1 as it wil b a big psychological blow!!! But if v can win it, it wil b a big boost for us and hopefully it wil help to burst AFC bubble!!!

I think am gonna hv a long sad wk ahead after yest game... Sigh!!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Other than tht, Glad tht R. Possebon hv finally joined us after the rumours few mths ago... He hv been given a 34 squad no.... But he wil b playing his game mainly in the reserve this season... He is the 4th Brazilian v hv had now in the team... Are v going SAMBA?!!

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
i can't pinpoint exactly what went wrong to be honest, other than the fact that none of our players stood up and be counted.
Each and every single players were terribly bad. Right from VDS to Tevez. Even the usual reliable ones.
Also, we were undone by Elano yet again.
Credit to shitty. They played real well.

Or is it us that was shite?
Not a shot on target for the whole second half right till the stoppage time.
I can't provide any reasonable explanation for it.
Perhaps it was due to the absence of Wazza or more precisely, a striker.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
Anderson did well?
I beg to differ.
None of them played well. None.

Not even Vida.Correct me if i am wrong, but i thought it was Vida that let the ball slipped through to Vassel for the first goal?

That said, even if it wasn't Vida's fault, he did not play well yesterday.

Last edited:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
gosh man.. somehow or rather, its arsenal that is doing better after the peak december period.

hopefully we'll crank it up again... can't afford to go down again.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
steady mate...we are still in february...3 more months to go.
Even worst case scenario, if we really do lose the title, no bigg fuss aight?
we can't win it every year.

The arse game is coming up.
And i smell blood.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha... B4 this game, v were 'discussing' abt whether Carrick or Hargo is better suited to our system... But SAF surprised us all by leaving them both out!!! But the team stil not functioning well...

My priority is ECL... EPL come 2nd... But if v gonna lose it this way, it wil b hard to take in!!! As i said of cause v stil hv the chance to retain the title, but the possibility is getting slimmer of AFC manage to pull 5 points clear!!! Am praying for a Huge performance by Blackburn tonite!!! 5 points stil ok as i think V and Chelsea gonna win our hom game against them... But the problem is can b stop dropping silly points along the way??? :hmmmm:

I think out of the whole team, Anderson n Tevez were the 2 better players for us... As both of them kept fighting on for the lose balls n possession... Great to see tht... What u guyz think of Giggzy really? No comment??? Or do not wanna to go into tht??? Cos i would love to hear from u guyz abt him... I know am being too harsh for him, but am not without facts, am i???

Our defence were jus too shaky!!! As Gti said, no words can explain abt it... Mayb bookies pay them kao kao... Tht's the onli reason i can think of... Hahaha... :biggrin:

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Gti,

Elano was not even playing yest due to suspension as well... So u can imagine how bad v played when City best player hvnt even play against us...

________________________________________________________________________________

Why SAF wasnt alerted when player like Benjani was available for transfer?! I remembered last season Silver was saying v shld go for him... Now tht City hv signed him for jus 5mil pounds and SAF hv again missed out a 'Bargain'!!! Cant believe it!!!! At least at tht price, short term wise v hv got nothing to lose!!!

Come Sat game against AFC, i jus hope SAF wil play Anderson with either Hargo or Carrick in the middle... Anderson hv been a superb player for us when Scholesy was out and i think its a bit unfair for him tht Scholesy jus walk back straight into the team especially Scholesy himself is stil finding his own touches back... Am not saying Scholesy not good, but clearly he isnt at his peak yet... So why not play players tht r oredi there or there abt?! I think Scholesy need few more games b4 he can actually hit form... But the game against AFC is a big 1 & a very important 1... V need all players to perform well in order to stand a chance!!!

Yeah, Ronnie was clearly very tiring after so many games in such a short period... Hopefully he wil hv enough rest b4 this Sat game... V need his present n inspiration...

Not sure abt what SAF gonna do with Giggsy... Hahaha... By looking at the Stats, he wil definitely b playing against AFC as its a game a wk policy for him set by SAF no matter how he played!!! :biggrin: Let's hope he comes good for us in the next game (yeah, again v hope)!!!

I beg to defer tht AFC is more consistent than ManUtd this season... Up until Jan, ManUtd is the BEST team in the EPL... Dun get me wrong, am not saying this without facts... V hv had a bad bad start, but v made it up by coming back strongly in the league... I think AFC was many points in front of us for the 1st 2 mths of the season... But v manage to climb back up the league standing n compete with them... Its onli at the beginning of 2008 tht ManUtd hv had a bad runs where AFC shown better form over us...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Oh yeah, Big Credits to Man Ciy fans for the minute of silent!!! They hv done well in this occasion by making it a successful tribute to the ppl who lost their life in the crash!!!

Many red fans hv been worrying tht some City fans might spoil the occasion by making loud noisy!!!

Bravo to City fans on this!!!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Not really going to single out any player for blame, though some of them did contribute to our downfall with school boy errors.

Giggsy was right, the players didn't show up. There wasn't any drive and enthusiasm in our game. There seems to be lethargy, perhaps contributing to the lack of sharpness and stray passes. And City did a professional job really, organised, tight and took advantage at every opportunity to great effect.

Passes were too long or too short. Crosses never getting pass the first defender or ballooning high. Not enough invention up front and in the middle on the day. To be fair to Ronnie, who didn't have a good game, he was closed down just about everytime he got the ball by a host of City players. And the movement just wasn't there to help him out when it happened. Its a team game and if the team is misfiring, its hard to get anything going.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
sorry for my ignorance...but aren't that guy Elano?
the one who made the thru pass and the cross?
I was watching outside, the projector tv was shitty so i can't see the player's face and i can't hear clearly..so i thought it was Elano.
Also, the fact that the kit's number got all mixed up didn't help.
I had a hard time trying to identify who was our number '4'

With regards to Giggsy, nothing to much to comment really.
Yes he was bad.
But no, we do not have any choices.
Down the pecking order, we have Nani and Park - and both aren't up to par yet.

Park just came back from a long term injury and in addition to that, with his built, he can get bulied off the pitch quite easily.
On Nani, he still lacks maturity. There were glimpses of his potential here and there thus far, but in my opinion he is still not ready to take over Giggsy's mantle on a permanent basis.

It goes both way actually, see, if Nani were to start, and he was bad for a few games in a row(which i will not be surprised) then everyone will start questioning why ain't the legendary no 11 playing.
In my opinion, Giggsy is still our best bet down the left.
Therefore, it's counter logic to put your best player of a particular position on the bench and expecting him to play the last quarter of the game.
It should be the other way round.

So, i repeat my 2 cents. Giggs was bad recently. No doubt.
But his experience in the team warrants a place.
A player with great experience but suffering a bad patch of form overrides a player that is inexperience and inconsistent, though the latter could be technically superior.
We have no choice but to play the experienced one while at the same time hoping the young guns to hit form and consistencies.
We can't be expecting him to stream up and down the flanks like he's still in his 20's.
His value to the team now is more on experience rather than this technical abilities.

p/s: If you didn't remember, i had actually started questioning Giggs on more than a few occasions since last year. Good thing is we have some able deputies waiting in line to succeed.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Gti; that guy was Martin Petrov, who along with Elano, are great finds by Sven. They are both quality.

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
oh thanks for the info.
By the way, here's a comment from from teamtalk, which i kinda agree with as well.

"It really does say something about United fans when I am actually ashamed to read their comments on this and they only seem to have something to say when things are going badly. Oh and I also love the fact that the first people they always pick on are the best servants of the club. If Giggs didn't play who would you have had be captain of the squad yesterday? Rio? the guy who kept passing it to City's midfield idiotic pass after another he did the same last week against Spurs... or Scholsey who was forced to play defensive to make up for Anderson's inability to stay in position he was all over the place ok yes he was chasing the ball but he is playing central midfielder he wasn't playing Rooney's position and he doesn't have someone behind him who is used to covering for him running about like an idiot. He was leaving gaps for City to play through he kept moving out of position I think the simple fact is Fergie played 5 attacking midfielders to make up for Rooney's absense and it was evident to me that Carrick or Hargreaves is required to play for united to be a true attacking force, we need someone who is used to tracking back and giving the ball to Scholes or Anderson to allow them to attack, Evra was badly missed as well. In conclusion united fans you should be ashamed at your inability to diagnose a simple game of football, clutching at straws and looking for simple answers and blaming your own players and the next idiot to say Giggs hasn't shown up in 18 months i watched the united 7-1 win over Roma again a week ago and he set up 4 goals so i'm pretty sure he was on the pitch that day..."

He's got a point, i suppose...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello,

anyone successfully endorse JPJ for converted bigger cc engine which exceed 25% from original engine cc?

Mind to share the procedure like ? Terima kasih
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience