F 1 Test at Sepang in March 27-29

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
From BBC Sport this morning

F1 set for Sepang testing session

Formula One is to conduct a rare test session at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia in March.
The event will take place from 27-29 March to help plug the three-week gap between the opening race in Australia and the Malaysia Grand Prix on 8 April.

The session will also save the teams the expense of returning to Europe between races.

"It's further recognition of our effort to make the circuit a hub of motorsport in Asia," said a Sepang spokesperson.

"Almost all the F1 teams are based in Europe and it makes sense for them to commit their personnel to test the cars in Sepang instead of flying them to the other side of the globe."

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
Cool will be there

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
It will be open to the public- free entry but only limited to grandstand area.

It'll be damn boring after a while. Esp when things dont work and they spend a lot of time fixing their cars.

Watched MOTO GP testing on STAR SPORTS- now thats interesting. MOTO GP is smart to broadcast their testing sessions.

silentkiller

1,500 RPM
Jul 14, 2004
what time is the testing sessions???? i can only sneak out from opis for 2 hrs like tat, care to share the time table???

ARTC5859

Known Member
May 26, 2006
F1 Testing

Testing usually is during day light hours - there is no fixed time. They pay for track time for the whole day and they will take their time. It'll be up to the mechanics preparring the car and the drivers going out for a undisclosed number of laps.

If the are no problems with the car- it will be out and running about- if there are problems then it'll be stuck inside the garage.

You might be lucky if the weather is hot they will open the garage doors- if you're unlucky they will close them to keep theri secrets.

If you're REALLY lucky- you get to watch pit stop and standing start practices.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

issit safe to put tufoil in with chemlube? previously i was using tufoil with Q8, two thumbs up there. but i've changedto chemlube now and i was wondering if its safe to put it in ester base engine oils like chemlube and motul?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience