EVO2 idling problem

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
J101 said:
Hello ACBC

Are you still running with the unplugged ISC? How bad is the FC as you mentioned as in before and after?

Thx
Yes. My car consumes RM 80 @ 300kms but with ISC unplugged, I'm left with RM 80 @ 200. That's for normal daily driving with minimal boost. But, idling is damn smooth n problem free.

I believe without the ISC, the A/C will remain constantly switched ON and this put some load to the engine.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
acbc said:
Sometimes the ISC controller in the ECU may have fried. Need to find similar ECU n replace the faulty item.

huh ??? how to find ?? Pls advise ... Thanks.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
boyzone,
it would be best if you could just buy the whole TB with the isc and whatsoever attached to reduce the cost and effort looking around.
since the ISC comes with few wires to the ecu, the mechanic should be able to tap the voltage to the ecu, if it dies on the ecu side.
better if you have a spare for it incase u need them next time.

bb1-man,
keep us updated.

acbc,
where did u get a whole lot of isc? hehe 20 is too much. haha.
the 100km without the isc is bad i think.

good feedback. thx.

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
bad news. The "RPM drop till dead when approaching stoplight" problem happened again. It happened when engine is hot (after 150+ km of town driving and aircond on). So i suspect it has something to do with FICD which is related to aircond system.

So far ive done:
replace TB + ISC

So next up is FICD and check aircond compressor wiring.

If aircond off, no problems with idling at any time.

carmancar

Jul 24, 2005
SG/JOHOR
I have this problem everytime i need to change my Air Filter. After change then problem solved. U can try ... :regular_smile: Good Luck ...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Where on earth is the FICD? I may need to rip the TB apart n look.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
sometime really make us confuse, if step motor is in good condition, why still encounter die off issue ??
like myself, even though with new throttle body and isc, problem still exist.
something wrong ....
I also look for FICD to replace my isc .. hope can solve my problem ..

alvon_chu

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
your ecu got air con cut off checking feature? maybe ur ecu got problem? just my 2 cent, i am facing the same problem, open up the ecu, 2 of the capasitors(or whatever it called) fried

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
hi guys,

just 2 updte my idling prob (when AC off & engine temperature is warm s.o.p), yesterday's i've service my tb & change fuel filter to new one...It seems uptill now my idling looks okay when AC off & engine is hot...Lets see if the problem persists for the next few days...

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
acbc, FYI FICD is 'fast idle control device'. I think i read somewhere its supposed to increase/control your idle RPM when aircond on/off or engine hot/cold.

I replaced ISC and TB too....still happen the same prob but only when aircond is on. So i suspect now the problem has something to do with aircond system which affects the engine. namely....FICD.

Ill keep posting. looking to replace my FICD sometime next week.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
bb1-man said:
acbc, FYI FICD is 'fast idle control device'. I think i read somewhere its supposed to increase/control your idle RPM when aircond on/off or engine hot/cold.

I replaced ISC and TB too....still happen the same prob but only when aircond is on. So i suspect now the problem has something to do with aircond system which affects the engine. namely....FICD.

Ill keep posting. looking to replace my FICD sometime next week.
So, on the Cyclone / ECI-Multi TB... where do I find it? I only found the ISC. FICD where?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Question : Did air con compressor have wiring or signal to ecu ?? is it because signal cut off intermittenly ??
Let said throttle body and ISC is newly replace, should be no problem right ?? but why still encounter stalling issue ?? something wrong right ??
I go for some website, all of them are mention on ISC either TPS, nothing else.
FICD is only help us to solve the problem, but we haven't find out the root cause right ?? Maybe all of us throttle body and ISC actually are in good condition , only 1 wiring cause this problem but we don't know ....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i guys, i have been looking around for a ke70 with a 4age to be a play car and a learning car for a rwd platform. i have checkout a few Ke's with 4ag and most of them that are within the budget are in very very bad condition. i know it is suppose to be a play car but it has to be roadworthy and not be an aquarium and a rust bucket. i have seen some decent onces in standard form. looked around at few shops for the halfcut and it is pretty scarce now. granted it is as old as i am. so anyone...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience