need opinion about installing piggyback or standalone

witch12hunter

Oct 31, 2013
need opinion about installing piggyback or standalone..

where i can learn to install it? or there`s any class can learn it?

thank you :wavey:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
do you know how to install a head unit in your car? along with an amp? and new tweeters and speakers?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
do you know how to install a head unit in your car? along with an amp? and new tweeters and speakers?
That's too easy la dude. The correct question is :

"Do you know how to convert a carburetor car to EFI wiring and all?"

If yes then you'll know exactly how to install a piggy/standalone.

What I wanna know is how to tune it. I have the software, I can read the piggy, but I have no idea how to fiddle with the numbers.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

What I wanna know is how to tune it. I have the software, I can read the piggy, but I have no idea how to fiddle with the numbers.
Can do that find BIG money already.....:driver:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006

Standalone what?
ECU izit? :rofl:

Please write specifically and in full, bro. People cant help if they dont understand your question hor...

Like asking people "what car I can buy?". Surely you'll be getting loads (and crappy) replies...

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya

Are you serious?
Well.. most of the tuners go to a course in Australia and learn how to tune there with Haltech. But here in Malaysia i think either N1Racing or another company is setting up the class in Sunway where Jacky and Thomas will teach you.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Not that hard actually.. example: For Air fuel mixture,It will move according to your rev and load. And you just adjust the number by starting from rich to lean (Always start from rich to prevent knocking) and slowly move your way up until the car is running smooth,can do it on top of the dyno as well and if theres a drop in the graph like got one part going down, it means during that area, you have to lean it more.. keep on repeating until u get one smooth line from the dyno machine. That's only the AFM, not to mention the ignition timing and all those stuff =.=.. complex by the way... i never really like doing it.. but it's true la the money is huge... one job i made RM500-RM1500 for just tuning.

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
Hi,
where i can learn to install it? or there`s any class can learn it.

installing and turning are different thing.
For installation part:
Basically, you need to know how to use multi-meter( analog and digital meter ) and also soldering.
Then, later, must know how to see wiring diagram.
Then, later, must know how the sensors work.

For turning part:
Must know how to use pc or note-book to install turning software or program.
Then, later, must know all the parameter or setting on the software for the particular engine in the ems or ecu.
Then, later like Ryuuken say.....

You need a lot of time to learn....brother

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Well, you asking him quantum physics question when we don't even know if he can do subtraction. lol.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
You got a dynomachine?? :O
No la i dont.. have to go to a workshop that do have le.. then rent by the hour =.=//

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Hi,
where i can learn to install it? or there`s any class can learn it.

installing and turning are different thing.
For installation part:
Basically, you need to know how to use multi-meter( analog and digital meter ) and also soldering.
Then, later, must know how to see wiring diagram.
Then, later, must know how the sensors work.

For turning part:
Must know how to use pc or note-book to install turning software or program.
Then, later, must know all the parameter or setting on the software for the particular engine in the ems or ecu.
Then, later like Ryuuken say.....

You need a lot of time to learn....brother

You missed quite a bit.. Rule number 2 in becoming a tuner, ALWAYS remember to know what is your customer's parts and the capability.
For example:
If you're tuning..let's say izso's wira turbo, and then suddenly midway of the tuning, you saw the temperature went up! If the Air Fuel Ratio was fine, then it must be the intercooler.. STOP THE TUNING and ask him to change his intercooler first before proceeding.
Another example:
Let's say you're tuning SF's Toyota Supra and you wanna tune the ignition timing. Ignition timing can be retard or advance up to a certain level with stocks. but if your customer wants it to go beyond that,you need to have the power to ask him to change to a better coil or ignition system before you start tuning again.
Always understand the capability and limits of the parts installed.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

He is confirm rich for sure then :rofl:
Wanna be my friend?:proud::proud::proud::proud:
Joking joking..hahahhaa...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No la i dont.. have to go to a workshop that do have le.. then rent by the hour =.=//

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

You missed quite a bit.. Rule number 2 in becoming a tuner, ALWAYS remember to know what is your customer's parts and the capability.
For example:
If you're tuning..let's say izso's wira turbo, and then suddenly midway of the tuning, you saw the temperature went up! If the Air Fuel Ratio was fine, then it must be the intercooler.. STOP THE TUNING and ask him to change his intercooler first before proceeding.
Another example:
Let's say you're tuning SF's Toyota Supra and you wanna tune the ignition timing. Ignition timing can be retard or advance up to a certain level with stocks. but if your customer wants it to go beyond that,you need to have the power to ask him to change to a better coil or ignition system before you start tuning again.
Always understand the capability and limits of the parts installed.

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

Wanna be my friend?:proud::proud::proud::proud:
Joking joking..hahahhaa...
Fuh! We got a sifu here.....:adore:

In ZTH we are all friends, even some brothers.
All depends on the individual want to be one or not....haha:biggrin:

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Fuh! We got a sifu here.....:adore:

In ZTH we are all friends, even some brothers.
All depends on the individual want to be one or not....haha:biggrin:
I ain't sifu man..haha.. just wondering one thing..out of topic a bit la...WHY IS MY STATUS STILL 100BHP JUNIOR above my avatar.. and how come u all get senior members man..how it works?

Yes yes...i know you're my friend..everyone is...Never really a picky type when it comes to this...
I love cars,u love cars we're friends... our enemies are the one who hate cars and ride a bicycle to work..hahahha....:proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My car engine is having high engine oil lost, around 1 litres for 1500km. When stationary revving can see smoke come out from tailpipe (4-5k rpm). No smoke come out during normal startup every morning. Engine sounds normal. Compression in all cylinders are 155, 150, 155, 150. Leakdown test shows no leakage. Engine sounds normal no tak tak tak sound. Recent dyno shows 160whp (factory rated 204hp). Engine history unknown as i just bought this car.
I suspect maybe the third piston...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience