Fast & Furious main actor Paul Walker died.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But the Carrera GT is very widely known to be especially difficult handling car. As commented by the Top Gear review, even the Stig also was having a tough time nailing a fast lap. When it was still newly introduced, there was a story of a journalist from one of US popular car magazine who indeed crashed it during a press meeting!

The 911 GT2 is another one which has such a notorious reputation that the nickname is 'the widow maker'!
Their engine layout nobody elses have them.
Except the old Beetle.
That's why not any normal people can drive them.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
But the Carrera GT is very widely known to be especially difficult handling car. As commented by the Top Gear review, even the Stig also was having a tough time nailing a fast lap. When it was still newly introduced, there was a story of a journalist from one of US popular car magazine who indeed crashed it during a press meeting!

The 911 GT2 is another one which has such a notorious reputation that the nickname is 'the widow maker'!
Both Carrera GT and 911 GT2 had a lot of power and torque for a rear mid and rear engine RWD car. Probably that is the reason that they are hard to control

mc888

Known Member
Apr 8, 2010
Little HK
My cousin's friend turn right then suddenly flick to the left and went thru a ditch.
4WD ain't easy to drive as it sounds. Cars with powers are mmg hard to drive de la.

What i meant is powersliding :proud:, where u just need to counter-steer a lil' when it starts to slide while applying full-throttle. If attempt to drift of course, will need to 'pay some fees' :biggrin:.

911 GT2...Black or yellow? :love:
Even in the game it was crazy but the horses it churns out is too tempting for petrol-heads.

But i'd say motor journalists, sometimes they also play apart in instilling ego into those boastful fellas by giving verdicts like 'boring, soulless, too safe' to some greats car like GTR.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Both Carrera GT and 911 GT2 had a lot of power and torque for a rear mid and rear engine RWD car. Probably that is the reason that they are hard to control
If rear engine it is hard to control. Mid engine are supposed to be easier to control as weight distribution is much better.
Now got report say car may have mechanical problem. Found some fluid on the road leading to the crash. Report is maybe power steering fluid leak....:hmmmm:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If rear engine it is hard to control. Mid engine are supposed to be easier to control as weight distribution is much better.
Now got report say car may have mechanical problem. Found some fluid on the road leading to the crash. Report is maybe power steering fluid leak....:hmmmm:
Mid engine is easier to control, until it slid.
Once it slid, it is harder to counter.
Heard a lot of pros said this. Never driven one before tho. haha

Oh! Really? If its so, then it is better.
Can regain the reputation of themselves.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You know what would be really cool? They launch the Fast7 movie 1st quarter then Brian o'Conner comes blazing back to life from there and relaunches himself back there.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If that is the case, this will really be even more unfortunate and tragic. Looked as if like his time has really come up to an end. Sigh...

Mid engine is easier to control, until it slid.
Once it slid, it is harder to counter.
Heard a lot of pros said this. Never driven one before tho. haha

Oh! Really? If its so, then it is better.
Can regain the reputation of themselves.
Can ask MR2 owners about this. One of the cheapest rear mid engine cars. Front engine also god mid engine type, like LFA, SLR...

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If you guys remember:

Father Hamilton Crashes Porsche Carrera GT

Anthony Hamilton, father and manager of Formula star Lewis Hamilton, crashed a borrowed Porsche Carrera GT after showing off to bystanders. Just after Anthony and his wife Linda, Lewis' stepmother, left their home Anthony decided to show off the Porsche super car by revving the engine.

Father Hamilton Crashes Porsche Carrera GT

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If I recall the reviews, the Carrera GT is an unforgiving car. Underestimate it and it'll kill you - quoted from JClarkson.
and quite the same as the old 911 GT2

because RR layout configuration...once the back sways...just prays :biggrin:

and as per carrera GT....even with MR layout is slightly more stable than RR layout...still the big engine was a hefty mass located at the back.....basically just like more brutal 911 GT2....

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
If I recall the reviews, the Carrera GT is an unforgiving car. Underestimate it and it'll kill you - quoted from JClarkson.
People often discount what they hear from Clarkson, just because he's highly sarcastic.

They forgot that Clarkson tested a lot of cars, and not just read spec sheets.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Lesson learnt is not to race on public roads.. who knows what might be on the road surface...and the quality is not for racing ( plus the bad quality of malaysian roads)

ZTH have Time To Attack... Burn your rubbers there :)

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
If that is the case, this will really be even more unfortunate and tragic. Looked as if like his time has really come up to an end. Sigh...

Can ask MR2 owners about this. One of the cheapest rear mid engine cars. Front engine also god mid engine type, like LFA, SLR...
Sat in one. My cousin went all out in housing area.
It is still okay since it is not that high powered.
But more than enough to push that light and small body.

I don't get it. Why people still think he is not dead.
Come on.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yep, but none of today's electronic wizardry to effectively utilize the 4WD.

I think the S2000 is front mid engine as well.
Porsche is starting to utilize 4WD quite well in their new 911 Turbo (991). They've even put a 4 wheel steering into it. R35's 4WD system is also very intelligent and complex.

There are a few front mid engine. Viper is one of those that I know. I've just checked wiki, it seems that 350Z, 370Z, RX-7 and RX-8 are categorized as front mid also.

We use to have a Gemballa Mirage GT at KL which is a modified version of Carrera GT. From some people, I've heard that the owner sold it off because it is too difficult to control. Imagine, further modifying and increasing the power of Carrera GT which is already difficult to control in stock form. :adore:

and quite the same as the old 911 GT2

because RR layout configuration...once the back sways...just prays :biggrin:

and as per carrera GT....even with MR layout is slightly more stable than RR layout...still the big engine was a hefty mass located at the back.....basically just like more brutal 911 GT2....
Ferrari had a lot of high power MR layout cars too but I don't really hear much complaints about Ferrari being very difficult to handle. Or they are just very good at making MR layout cars.

Sat in one. My cousin went all out in housing area.
It is still okay since it is not that high powered.
But more than enough to push that light and small body.

I don't get it. Why people still think he is not dead.
Come on.
MR2 NA or MR2 Turbo? If is turbo, that 3S-GTE had potential to reach over 400hp or 500hp. Crazy output in such a lightweight car.

I think every media sources already confirmed that he passed away isn't it. I think it is better to use the word pass away as it sounds better than calling him dead.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all master,
im planning to bolt on my car also plan to use emanage.pls advise what is good and wat is bad when i use emanage..thanks.i need opinion here.hope u all can help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience