Is the CRZ worth it?

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Definitely not worth it. Top up a bit get civic 2.0. More space more speed.
2nd hand, aiming for k20a engine swap then maybe I go for crz.
Yeah !

I agree with you!

Small car run fast very unstable, and shitty scary....

Get a big but powerful car...

Tear the highways and still you are confidently in command of your driving!:rofl:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
haik! terdengar nama pulak....

Its really up to you, its love or hate car and of course if you wanna compare price with new and used prices, a-z segmented cars...lots of other choices. I chose this car because my previous was also a hatch. And I chose a new car (again) because of warranty and newer tech as I plan to keep long term. I had few other choices up to 120k budget like for new car, Inspira 1.8 convert evoX, Koup, Polo GTI(At that time was 135k) and used car options like S2000, DC5, GTR33, Caldina, GC8 was just a few to name. Ended up I didn't really meet the criteria of having spacious or powerful displacement cars but settled for a tree hugger 1.5. If you ask me why I still can't answer you ler.... I got this car without test driving because at the time I knew you can't go wrong with a Honda, CBU and a trusty 6 shifter.

After first day collecting the car I had the taste of 1.8 torque in a tiny 1.5cc hatch! Its like a baby Megane 250. And i'm not power hungry, I just like sufficient torque for city strolling and occasional spirited so I think it suits me just nice. Plus can fit my dog, tested & proven to haul my work equipments and looks ever so different from the current styled dashboard. As for power i truly agree that its not enough... Stage 1 mods & tuning should be sufficient to hold the major ones till after warranty. I guess i don't ask much, 150hp & 220 torque is my target. After warranty can decide to go turbo or supercharge. Pretty stable too with a widened track and stability kit. The CR-Z is really a car you can play with. Its a different category of the ppl who say, "Want a powerful car just buy one 500-800hp stock standard...."

There will be ppl who fall in love with this car and those who hate it to the gut. For me I try not to read too many reviews, Matter of preference and individual styles. To this day whenever I think about not getting the S2000, a piece of my heart still aches....maybe next time.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

And I haven't even started talking about fuel economy.... I visit the station twice a month, rm84 for 40L tank can go up to 740kms. not a very high figure compared to Prius or Prius C, But definitely looks way better traveling in a CRZ than those ler...(Again, thats my opinion)

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

I'm sure you know all the car prices here are overboard, Which leads to another factor of why I chose this car, excise duty and import tax exemption till Dec 2013. If this CBU includes those idiot taxes, It adds on extra RM75k to the RM115k. In U.S its only USD19k-22k. Same price range as the Mini Cooper. At RM115k, its not cheap but affordable and par with built quality. Just needs a lil character in mods.

CountersteerSan

Known Member
Feb 16, 2013
Johor
IMHO, not worth it. Would rather just buy an Altis if I'm a family man, or a 2nd hand Evo with that amount of money.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
"worth it" or not depends on who is paying. let me give you an example.

ppl say buy honda cr-z save money, lower running costs, pump fuel 2 times a month. well, fuck you if you're going to use this as the main reason.

cause a vios is rm80k, a cr-z is rm115k, that's a difference of RM35k - and that's assuming you pay cash, if you take loan the $ is higher. 1 liter of RON95 is RM1.9, for RM35k you're buying 18421 liters. assuming a 40L fuel tank and you pump at 30L per week (Vios), that 614 weeks, or 11 years.

So for those saying you buy CR-Z to save fuel, lower running costs, go shoot yourself please. If you bought a Vios, the savings is enough to pump fuel for 11 years for the average user. Vios has a very realistic fuel consumption of 14km/L average, the savings over buying a CR-Z will net you 257897km of distance. average car travels 20000km a year, that's 12 years of fuel right there.

and don't let me get started on the "green" and environmental part.

fullslick

Known Member
Jun 25, 2009
crz is worth it becoz:-
1- warranty
2- CBU
3- price will go up like polo gti when govt lift the tax exempt period
4- 3 modes of driving (can overtake prius easily)
5- high resale value
6- proven technology
7- high discount for 12 stock..

... and.. if 1 day u stuck with that IMA engine.. there is opt B to swap with K20a.

jeheyr

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
Ampang Jaya
community.webshots.com
LOL
im not really want the performance and speed now,juz want a car that can really enjoyable in city or outside the city
Hybrid car can be fun to drive too :biggrin:
If you think the car is OK to you.. just proceed with it..
I cant compare with some other high performance car since you not interest in performance..
for me, the price above 100k for new honda is normal.. new tech hybrid some more..
my answer for your ques is YES... it worth...
:biggrin:

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
the outlook of this car is totally stunning. but I've heard many negative comment about this car's pickup and lack of power. is this true?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
the outlook of this car is totally stunning. but I've heard many negative comment about this car's pickup and lack of power. is this true?
After a few comments on CR-Z, you can see is more like individual preferences.

Some find it worth it, some not and some find it powerful enough for a 1.5L and some find it
not enough. So, very subjective.

Whether the car is good or not good, fast or not fast, just test drive the car yourself and if
you like it, just buy it.

Get too many comments, God knows what car you will end up with :banghead: and :dontknow: :confused:

To me is a Honda, lots of aftermarket parts for it if you just find it lack of power on stock. :biggrin:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Supercharge it or turbocharge it, tuning with hondata might just get 190hp. I think its sufficient for a hatch and what more a 1.5cc hybrid engine. Can sip fuel better than ordinary petrol cars or can go with forced induction. Still cheaper after mods than a Megane or Clio RS or Polo GTi (currently priced) or mini

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Supercharge it or turbocharge it, tuning with hondata might just get 190hp. I think its sufficient for a hatch and what more a 1.5cc hybrid engine. Can sip fuel better than ordinary petrol cars or can go with forced induction. Still cheaper after mods than a Megane or Clio RS or Polo GTi (currently priced) or mini
Definitely cheaper and much more worth modding :biggrin:

"worth it" or not depends on who is paying. let me give you an example.

ppl say buy honda cr-z save money, lower running costs, pump fuel 2 times a month. well, fuck you if you're going to use this as the main reason.

cause a vios is rm80k, a cr-z is rm115k, that's a difference of RM35k - and that's assuming you pay cash, if you take loan the $ is higher. 1 liter of RON95 is RM1.9, for RM35k you're buying 18421 liters. assuming a 40L fuel tank and you pump at 30L per week (Vios), that 614 weeks, or 11 years.

So for those saying you buy CR-Z to save fuel, lower running costs, go shoot yourself please. If you bought a Vios, the savings is enough to pump fuel for 11 years for the average user. Vios has a very realistic fuel consumption of 14km/L average, the savings over buying a CR-Z will net you 257897km of distance. average car travels 20000km a year, that's 12 years of fuel right there.

and don't let me get started on the "green" and environmental part.
a very smart consumer. haha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Screw economy.

The ZTH Timetoattack NA category winner CRZ monster is for sale and asking price is RM105k.

Original Mugen parts everywhere and CF hood - total 40k mods. Daaaaaaaaaaamn.. where is the money when I want it.

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
Screw economy.

The ZTH Timetoattack NA category winner CRZ monster is for sale and asking price is RM105k.

Original Mugen parts everywhere and CF hood - total 40k mods. Daaaaaaaaaaamn.. where is the money when I want it.
even if u have the money, u need to answer this question..

can u even get into the car in the first place?
:biggrin:
:rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Screw economy.

And a Subaru STi V7 for less money will run circles around your all show no go CRZ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My mom just recently purchased an Avanza and wanted to do V-kool tinting for it. My question is-

- Is v-kool the best tinting in Malaysia? Other suggestions?

- Where can I do it somewhere in Cheras/KL by authorised installers?

- How much will it cost to so full tinting?

Thanks for your feedbacks....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience