Izzit true bot will affect reliability? How severe will be affected actually?

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Hmm... Yeah never thought that the cam timing alteration can make a difference. Up to 50 deg bro? Seriously?
Honda i-VTEC (intelligent-VTEC)[3] has VTC continuously variable timing of camshaft phasing on the intake camshaft of DOHC VTEC engines. The technology first appeared on Honda's K-series four-cylinder engine family in 2001 (2002 in the U.S.). In the United States, the technology debuted on the 2002 Honda CR-V.
VTC controls of valve lift and valve duration are still limited to distinct low- and high-RPM profiles, but the intake camshaft is now capable of advancing between 25 and 50 degrees, depending upon engine configuration. Phasing is implemented by a computer controlled, oil driven adjustable cam gear. Both engine load and RPM affect VTC. The intake phase varies from fully retarded at idle to somewhat advanced at full throttle and low RPM. The effect is further optimization of torque output, especially at low and midrange RPM. There are two types of i-VTEC K series engines which are explained in the next paragraph.

From wikipedia.haha...

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:11 AM ----------

And i thought BOT is the affordable option. If budget a bove 10k i'll just pass. I jus wan some minor affordable only.
Then i suggest do the intake manifold,piping system(please get a good one),s90 throttle body,cam pulley,camshafts and also try to get a a bit higher compression piston,then get the walbro fuel pump as well.Don't forget the extractor,and if you can afford,get an oil cooler.
LET's put an example.Last time i used to drive a Mazda Astina,with a 1.6 NA engine.the B6ZE RS from a mazda miata MX5..A bit suck! The intake i choose was just a custom intake with an s90 throttle body.
Then i build up an S-Flow piping system and also add an extractor.since the intake has increase,i must also increase the exhaust.1 month after that i install the walbro fuel pump..it was nice and decent..not bad...then few days later i install the camshafts,cam pulley and also the oil cooler for a better performance.i didn't change the piston because the B6ZE is already 9.4:1 compression ratio.i know the compression rate will increase if i skim my head.so i'm keeping that one till the time comes.instead of doing the compression,i decide to increase the bore.1 mm will do.any further than 1mm i scare it might ruined the reliability of the car since it is used for daily drive.
Iridium spark plugs,KNN air filter,raizin volt stabilizer and a bit tweak here and there plus a catalyst.
The result was from 120 hp and 136 N·m to 177 hp and 201 N.m. that's around 57 hp increase and 65 torque increase.47% increase on torque and also hp.roughly. it all cost me around 9000.
nothing more than 10k.

The reason i do this setup to gain really nice range of power between 2000 rpm to 7000 rpm.
Its very linear even when i haven't touch the gearbox and final drive was not disturb.
Nice sprint and cornering because of the adjustable suspension and bars.
And another reason is,honestly,i hate teenagers who drive myvi... they change the muffler with around rm100 and drive like a mad cow as if they are driving a superfast car without any safety precaution on others driver..
so yes,i always aim a myvi,especially when i see them with fancy bodykit and noisy exhaust.
Since the astina was an old car,and i did my car without any bodykit even the muffler was quiet and the rims changed to make way for the 2 pot brakes.The rim also i just used the mazda 2 standard rims.HAHA..
But to tapau a myvi not a problem...besides..these kids doesn't have the skills when it come to corners.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Hahahahaha nice performance mod :) Which performance mod contributed the most power?
on the street?
balls contributes the most power.

if your brains are bigger than balls, no amount of performance mod will contribute power on the streets because even if the other guy's car is stock standard but he's got balls triple the size of his brains to enter corners at light speed and swerve furiously through narrow traffic. he's gonna beat your ass. for sure.

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
I'm sure most of us here are talking about performance for 'gentlemen's drag' on streets I.e. take off from traffic lights or tolls. Having the balls bigger are definitely not 'encouraged'. As the matter in fact shouldnt be practiced at all on the streets even if the street is empty as these acts are the main contributer to accidents on the road. Unless of course there is an event and the street is closed in a proper manner. I'll call those balls bigger than brain a plain stupid selfish fag on the road in regardless with or without modified car. Just my half cent.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
on the street?

if your brains are bigger than balls, no amount of performance mod will contribute power on the streets because even if the other guy's car is stock standard but he's got balls triple the size of his brains to enter corners at light speed and swerve furiously through narrow traffic. he's gonna beat your ass. for sure.
trolling as usual I can see :P

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
sadly, not everybody is as observant as you. :rofl:
And your point of so called trolling is? Just for the sake of having fun here? Your fun? Do note that this is a free access forum and there can be kids out there reading it for all we know and they might get the wrong ideas and once they get their hand on a car, woila accidents, road bullies, people who drive like they own the road and they think they are doing it right just because of your kind of selfish misleading statement here. Grow up and stop being a selfish faggot. Do think about others before u post anything misleading and destructive.

Last edited:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
malaysian young driver mostly are michael students.....they like to 'cucuk'.....n......play2....at public road.....dun border them......drive somemore slow.......like snail.....u will get rid of them want....

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

i saw a myvi black in color......he put a sticker in mandarin wright......'dun horn...horn....if u insist want to horn...horn.....i'll drive even more slow....haha'......its look funny to me.....with some:adore:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
malaysian young driver mostly are michael students.....they like to 'cucuk'.....n......play2....at public road.....dun border them......drive somemore slow.......like snail.....u will get rid of them want....

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

i saw a myvi black in color......he put a sticker in mandarin wright......'dun horn...horn....if u insist want to horn...horn.....i'll drive even more slow....haha'......its look funny to me.....with some:adore:
where to buy that sticker? i want one myself haha

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
i think the sticker wording.....can ask those shop got sticker cutting machine....ask them to cut.....i also want to put some sticker......

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

i'll put "cucuk / lumba ------>SEPANG Int' circuit"......haha.....if u saw this car....probaly its me.....pls dun cucuk me......im old folk liao....:embarassed:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
on the street?

Street or track. Requires guts for winning putting 2 drivers with same ability with same car and modification on the same route.

We're talking abt performance. Not personal driving mentality...

pijulrs

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
This video taken at Sunday Trackday in SIC last month....BOT Malaysian Type R K20A series engine boosted at 1.5bar.Its a daily drive car......this proved that ivtec engine can be BOT hehehehe :driver:

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
on the street?

I don't really agree on this..
Sorry ixeo..But i think it takes both balls and brains..
For me when someone 'cucuk' me from behind,i'll start to think on which gap i can go in between cars,and how much is the time i got before the gap is gone so that the car behind me won't be able to follow me.at the same time i'll think when my power is going to boost in,i'll think and estimate,if i can make it in time,i'll proceed,if i can't i'll find another way..but also having balls is one thing,if you are able to take the corners good without fearing anything,then it's your balls.
but to play safe,your body have to become one with the car,means you have to feel the body roll,knowing the limits,at the same time listen to the sound of your tyres during corner,then think,will you be able to do more,is there any space left to push your car? you also need to think on how to be fast at the same time not going to let the other driver feels threaten by the way you drive.
Yes of course la they will say 'Cibai drive properly la!' or maybe 'FUCKER!'... but try your best to think about their safety as well..
Just my opinion,i drive fast this way..i don't know about others.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Hahahahaha nice performance mod :) Which performance mod contributed the most power?
Most power doesn't mean the best my friend..
It depends on yourself..power is not everything...lets say i can get 300whp,but my idling sucks..still not nice right? haha..
Well,if you're asking for the most contribution would be forced induction,but if in terms of NA,the it'll be your stroker kit and maybe the camshaft and pulley.if you want to start then i suggest your exhaust system will contribute most consist of the S-flow,extractor and muffler.if you want to get PER PIECE,stroker kit,camshafts or maybe custom intake with an S90 throttle body.these 3 option will contribute almost the same.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

This video taken at Sunday Trackday in SIC last month....BOT Malaysian Type R K20A series engine boosted at 1.5bar.Its a daily drive car......this proved that ivtec engine can be BOT hehehehe :driver:
yes of course can..no one says it cannot be BOT..but it'll be hard..that's all..1.5 bar? seriously? won't the engine blown?
You have the list of mods from their car?