I need help on selling shares! =(

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Can anyone inside this forums help me with this matter..
Honestly..selling it is very very hard...Perhaps i'm still young and i still do need help from someone who is experienced in this sort of things.
My dad is the director of a private company. and he decided to retire early and sell of his shares in an automotive industry. yes the shares percentage is currently the biggest among all shares. there are 4 shareholders in total. And now he assigned me to sell of that share for him..
The question is...how do i sell it off...
Veterans or people in ZTH that know about how..can help me on this?:bawling:

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
This is really funny, your dad is the director of the company, he is the biggest shareholder of all but neither he nor you got an idea how to sell the shares? Seriously, are you for real? Any average person reading this will find it dodgy, sorry if it sounds rude. Best way to sell shares is back to the current shareholders. Did you dad not have a shareholders agreement drawn out when they decided to incorporate the company? There usually is a clause for one party to dispose of their shares. Best of luck ...

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Very true..Yes one way is to turn back to the share holders..
My dad told me to see the accountant..Held a meeting with the other shareholders..
But he did told me,with such big amount..Will the other shareholder be able to buy it.
That's why i was assigned to search for parties or an individual that could really buy it incase the other share holder are not willing to buy.

carlyap

500 RPM
Jun 9, 2008
1st think you need to know do u still interested to run your dad business, or just want to the CASH?

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Me thinks this is a very 'interesting' proposal. LOL! Most entertaining story. Sorry to say ... no offence intended.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
are the shares open for public?
Sdn. Bhd also can sell, right? Change owner only.... Biggest share is BOSS

Firstly, I think have to be made known to other share holders, if not sell, then got different boss, they also finish.....

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Wow, seriously this topic is indeed "interesting" for me to find out. Your dad is a director in a private company that deals in automotive industry & yet, he instructed u to assist him selling off or getting rid of his shares? Are u for real dude? I'm dead sure that your dad sure have an idea on how to sell off his shares without any trouble at all.

didie

Known Member
Feb 19, 2006
Why would your dad rely on you to find buyers? Are you on the same field too or something, with huge networks, Hanracing? oops. My bad. Sorry. :p

Fairlady350

Known Member
Nov 21, 2008
Well, if you're dad is the owner of the company, first and foremost our of courtesy and as obliged by the SSM, he should first inform his partners of his intent to sell and see if his partners are willing to buy all of his shares or part of it. And if he gets a new buyer for his shares, that is also subject to the agreement of the rest of the shareholders as during the transfer of shares, the other directors have to sign their consent as well and to reappoint the directors of the company you will need a board resolution. It is not as simple as just getting a buyer and neither is it as complex.

However, the way by which you have put up your case sounds extremely dubious as i do agree with some other comments posted prior to this. If your dad is the main shareholder of the company, i believe he would have invested time and effort into it, coming to sell it, is he so unconcern about his business that he has simply tasked you to sell it off. Well, unless of course the audited accounts shows losses, by which point nobody would be interested to purchase the share3s anyway. Present a copy of the P and L to the prospective buyer.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wah! if make loss, then the shares not worth much already, but they know better....

ApexR7

Nov 24, 2011
Kalamazoo - WMU
Wow, seriously this topic is indeed "interesting" for me to find out. Your dad is a director in a private company that deals in automotive industry & yet, he instructed u to assist him selling off or getting rid of his shares? Are u for real dude? I'm dead sure that your dad sure have an idea on how to sell off his shares without any trouble at all.

My thoughts exactly... Hmmm...

jeffayn

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2004
Klang
is possible that his dad want him to learn how "hard" is to sell of the share ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The argument has probably been around longer than the world’s oldest profession but just like said profession, and cockroaches, it just won’t go away. The car versus motorcycle debate will never come to an end but that’s a good thing for us, because there’ll be a continuous flow of fodder to put up and debate over.

This time around, the folks from Hell for Leather have lined up the 2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience