hello sifus...i`m a newbie...satria 1.3 mod (4g13)

brendan89

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi, i wnna ask...i plan on doing the following upgrades..
just wnna make a well balanced out machine..
i currently run on 4g13 svdo..
these are the upgrades i wish to carry out..
could use help on recommendation and howmuch cash to set aside

the list:
1.)4g15 block with 4g18 internals(crank, cons and piston) can i still retain my 4g13 head and and all the stock wiring for this upgrade?
2.) 1.6 supertouring flywheel and 1.6 clutch set...1.6 flywheel...wish to skim to 1.3 oem weight
3.) as for the handling department...what should i upgrade with the upgrades i mentioned above?
4.) rear break drums...planning to convert to discs..perhaps from 1.6 models?

howmuch will the following cost me...inclusive of labour?..need to budget..
any help given will be much appreciated.
thnx

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
not interested with 4g92 mivec swap?..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
go to any mech, they should be able to quote u....get at least 2-3 quotation so u will know whether u r getting a good quote...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
no need supertouring flywheel...

just send ori flywheel to machine shop along with 1.6 clutch kit and re-drill clutch mounting hole...along with flywheel skimming lighter than stock flywheel....would be better....lightweight clutch yet very2 grippy and responsive engine....

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

just send ori flywheel to machine shop along with 1.6 clutch kit and re-drill clutch mounting hole...along with flywheel skimming lighter than stock flywheel....would be better....lightweight clutch yet very2 grippy and responsive engine....

brendan89

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
not interested with 4g92 mivec swap?..
go to any mech, they should be able to quote u....get at least 2-3 quotation so u will know whether u r getting a good quote...

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

@pomen GTR i see..thnx bro..
i already skimmed my ori flywheel when replacing worn out clutch plate in the past..
should have installed 1.6 clutch..
what type of 1.6 clutch? oem or can u recommend something to manage the future upgrades as mentioned?
@ehdrian
lol, i dnt wnna touch mivec...coz i dont have capital for that...thnx thou
@evolutionz
thats a good idea...but bfore i do that...i wnna do some homework first before approaching mechs...so atleast i`ll have a rough idea

my budget ard 5k...is that enough?

i saw 4g15 block on mudah selling for rm380 without internals..
another ad for 4g18 internals (crank, conrod and pistons) quoted for rm800

perhaps i can use negotiating skills to get the combo for rm1k..

problem is...the block has no surat...how do i overcome this?

can i use existing svdo 4g13 wiring and head for this conversion?

wnna try and save cost as much...not exceed rm5k...is that a realistic budget?

how much will labour cost? inclusive of dropping engine+reboring+etc..?

not forgetting handling upgrades...to cope with the new hp :D

pls recommend...thnx much

Vinod Mathiahlagan

From Facebook
Mar 22, 2012
www.facebook.com
NO surat, you cant do anything...all you know could be a stolen engine...but really the mods you mentioned will be costly and yet the performance increase will not be that much...in another words....for the money you spend you could do other simpler pnp mods for less $$ and more hp...

brendan89

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
NO surat, you cant do anything...all you know could be a stolen engine...but really the mods you mentioned will be costly and yet the performance increase will not be that much...in another words....for the money you spend you could do other simpler pnp mods for less $$ and more hp...
thnx bro for the comment.
if that's the case, can recommend mods for my c96 chassis?
within the budget of 5k...or perhaps..would it be best for me to
trade my car for a ke70 corolla with a 4age swap? one of those 16 valve tops..
my car`s market value i think ard 12-15k..2003/04 svdo..
i`m basically looking for a ride with reasonable power and handling...wnna have fun in the touge`s..
haha.
thnx in advance =)

brendan89

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur

i see bro..thnx for suggestions..
but prefer na cars for now..
reasons being..
prefer all motor..dnt like turbo lag...prefer direct response..coz i thnk i wnna play touge.
and also, scared of reliability issues..scared of hwmuch need to spend for maintenance
coz my budget for now only allows me to play with na..
but, thnx bro...it helps

really considering ke70`s now with 4age swaps....less hassle..
if i trade in my car for that...i thnk i`ll hv a few k left to spare for maintenance..
i thnk can get decent one for 10k..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
stock gsr with the side mount intercooler has very minimal lag, go test drive 1 if yr frens have it..if u leave the engine stock, i dun think there's any prob with it, i used to hv gsr in my gti, 2.5years after gsr conversion, only alternator and fuel pump rosak, no other problems ade..just change engine oil on time..

Last edited:

croydon

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Langkawi
4G15 Turbo @ 4G15 Bolt On Turbo @ 4G15 BOT

4G15 turbo piston Charade Turbo

4G15 Turbo + ITB + Stroker 1.6L by Powerzone 152hp 190Nm 0.4bar

4G15 turbo stroker waja 1.6L wiring evo 2 injector 450cc & no management

Mirage 4G15 auto bolt on turbo

Last edited:

brendan89

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
stock gsr with the side mount intercooler has very minimal lag, go test drive 1 if yr frens have it..if u leave the engine stock, i dun think there's any prob with it, i used to hv gsr in my gti, 2.5years after gsr conversion, only alternator and fuel pump rosak, no other problems ade..just change engine oil on time..
thnx bro for the input..appreciate it.
i`ll consider.

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

for the price, its interesting..
if i were to install this kit onto my 4g13...
what else would i need to mod?
how will svdo react to turbo set up?
do i need to put in bigger injectors?
how bout reliability? coz 4g13..i heard is a high compression engine..
also, do i have to cut out my bumper with a big hole infront to mount intercooler? :(
wnna retain stock look...sleeper ;)...hehehe

croydon

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Langkawi
4G13 BOT owner

[YOUTUBE]dIo8pFpPW6w[/YOUTUBE]

4G15 + stroker campro s4ph 1.6 + bot = 208hp

4G15 all stock + TD04 boost 0.45 = 145hp on engine

4G15 Turbo 265hp

4G15 Turbo 183whp 136KW 14psi boost 1bar(stock internal)
turbo IHI VL7
injectors 450cc
fuel preasure regulator @ 4 bar
stage 2 clutch set custom 150 whp+
new O2 sensor-lambda
Apexi safc 2 piggyback for ecu management
owner : http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3068098/1992-mitsubishi-lancer

4G13 @ 4G15 Bot need to change low comp piston, can use piston 1.3 turbo (eg charade gtti cb70/cb80 or old saga magma)
need bigger injector

no need to cut bumper
Satria SE 1.5 turbo for sale

4g13 turbo tuning

Last edited:

brendan89

Dec 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
4G13 BOT owner

[YOUTUBE]dIo8pFpPW6w[/YOUTUBE]

4G15 + stroker campro s4ph 1.6 + bot = 208hp

4G15 all stock + TD04 boost 0.45 = 145hp on engine

4G13 Bot need to change low comp piston, can use piston 1.3 turbo (eg charade gtti cb70/cb80 or old saga magma)
need bigger injector

no need to cut bumper
Satria SE 1.5 turbo for sale

4g13 turbo tuning
thnx bro.
this is very useful info...perhaps i mite consider td025 BOT..dun wnna go thru the hassle of changing internals...perhaps...add thicker gasket to lower compression..
but now, the ecu...cursed with svdo...is unuchip piggyback the only alternative?
or do i switch to mmc? but thats gnna be a pain in the butt rite?
planning to do this after my exams...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, need some real advise here..badly..im kinda confused..at the moment im driving a iswara 4g91...my friend is selling of his 4g93 parts..the parts that he is letting go is 4g93 block,4g93 head(engine kosong la) and the ECU(not together with the wiring)..

1) the question is, can i use the 4g93 ECU in my 4g91 wiring...Can i modify my 4g 91 wiring to fit in the 4g93 ECU or i need to get 4g93 wiring...

2)what is meant by port polish?is it done for the head alone or together with the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience