engine conversion.

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hye guys. i need to know.
i want to convert from single cam d15b to bigger engine b16.
im wondering can it be done if i only buy the engine only. i mean "engine kosong".
or do i need to search for halfcut?
thoughts anyone?
:adore:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
halfcut needed...

ur gonna need the engine, wiring, ecu, and gearbox.

D series and B series are not compatible with each other....

some versions of D series, some of the wiring are... but ur better off buying a halcut as ur gonna need everything else.

and FYI, if 10k is ur budget for the conversion, its possible to get a B18C GSR

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i dont think i'll be able to fill up gas for b18.. how much u reckon for b16 halfcut?
or is there any way to buy piece by piece? coz i think it would be a waste to buy all new things. ive recently changed my radiator. starter n so on.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
b16 price is only slightly cheaper iirc...

better u find a workshop that does conversions and ask them about it...

even if uve just changed ur radiator.. theres a possibility that new radiator may not be able to handle the B series in terms of heat output.

again...better to talk to a mechanic for advice and a more accurate quotation as well

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
it'll be best if u buy the halfcut and not buy piece by piece. cuz if u do, u are like 99% bound to have problems and malfunction, then your foremen will point fingers saying "oh u buy xxx from xxx, spoil wan, thats why make everything else spoil" etc.

to avoid that, get a halfcut.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
direct plug n play... if anything goes wrong, its either bad workmanship or the engine u bought was bad.

word of advice, if ur going for a conversion...do it proper.. and dont cheap out

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
yup. dont try to save money on a proper conversion, and end up later u'll spend alot money + time to troubleshoot and repair. trust me. =)

Ashyie_Ferio

Known Member
Oct 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
ive always wanted to convert my engine. now that my engine is totally un-fixable, i wish to convert. ive never had the pleasure of truly engaging vtec. hehe

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i assume ur car is an EG? get the EG halfcut and do the transplant..

or like i said...the B18C GSR.. difference in petrol isnt really that much compared to B16...all comes down to ur right foot.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
not b18cr.....b18c gsr.. different thing... basically b18c non type r. 10k probably wont even buy u a b18cr halfcut

best bang for buck imho. my workshop in sri muda shah alam can get around 10k siap pasang. but not sure if it includes endorsing etc....gonna have to talk to the mechanic about the details...i just got some rough idea only

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if u and ur car are in melaka, then i suggest u go around to ur workshops there and ask around for a quote...and see which best fits ur budget....im sure there are a few car modding workshops there...i dont know where they are though.

with my mech can get 10k coz he practically buys the halfcuts in "bundle"....at last visit i think hes got at least 5-6 GSR halfcuts in his shop and about 2-3 K20A-R halfcuts.

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Pls bear in mind that u need to reserve a bit $$$ after the conversion. U convert into a used engine not a new one so there might be few things u need to spend with such as belts, JPJ endorsement, engine + g/box oil, oil seal, plugs ... bla ... bla ... bla...

I also advise you to upgrade ur brake together coz ur HP already differ after the conversion .. if rear one still using drums its better to upgrade into disc, Coz u might fail during Puspakom test for brakes n its a normal reason that gave by Puspakom. Its for ur safety as well

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bus accidents have become the highlight of the local news in our country lately. Every morning, we are greeted by page after page of endless tragedy. This news is a cause for concern to Chen Farn Keith, a Diploma in Automotive Technology student at The Otomotif College (TOC). Chen, whose father owns and operates a reputable bus company shared, "Some of these accidents can be avoided if the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience