4pot GTO brake? Would You?

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
Dear Peeps,

Is anybody using any 4 pot Mitsubishi GTO brakes on their Wira/Satria/Putra?
I actually tought of installing it.

Rumours claimed that the brake would jam if it is used in our cars. Is it true?
Im afraid that when driving over 220kmph, then when I press the brake it jam!!

Anybody experience using this 4 pots? :sad_smile:

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Rumours .. are always like that, it depends on the installation procedured done. Please consult experienced car mechanics.

And why u interested in going beyond 220km/h with Proton cars? 110kmh is the limit, surveillance camera's are effective now.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
sakuraguy : hehehe , u sure or not u go 110 oni :P

jaydee : depends on how u apply the brake la bro, which crazy fella would slam the brake at 220 ? hehehehehhe

the thing u got to get right is, how accurate is the braket made to fit the GTO brakes. r u gonna be using spacer instead of big offeset rims ? , wht servo r u gonna use for tht big momma 4pot thing. brakepads ? u sure u want to use the cheap ones ?

guys , brakes are for safety , dont make it the other way around , to cause u death hehehehe, scary ahh, brake fail u die man , serious at 100 , u try laa dont press ur brakes, i wanna see how can u stop , its even worst if one side brake faile, u be taking 360 spins hahahhaha

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
sakuraguy : Going 220kmph is not an interest. Basically I was just just giving a scenerio with slight exaggeration - but it could happen to others. "What if" scenario. I could even be moving at 110kmph and the brakes fail.

jinkl: I didn't say I would slam the brakes while driving at whatever speed. I don't mean that bro...
What I meant was when I 'press' the brakes/ Tap it, it could jam up... thats what "they" claimed.

Haha.. don't get misunderstood guys... I'm a healthy driver.. thanks for tips anyway..

I don't know man...... the brakes looks good & reliable... Anyone else? callin for the experienced, experienced...

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Its ok guys ...

In my opinion, i dont think its the brake system or device problem, its a drivers problem as explained by jinkl "depends on how u apply the brake la bro, which crazy fella would slam the brake" ..

I had a fren whom drove Wira 1.5 stock standard .. slammed brake hardly byt the time he got panic .. the car threw and spinned 360 hid the barrier at Berkeley, Klang not long ago. Unfortunately, he was new to driving experience and doesnt know how to apply brakes smartly and safely.

I think, not only for GTO brakes are quite good, Lancer Evolution I, II, III model brake systems are also good, why dont u try using those to avoid problem when u fix or mount GTO brakes. I suppose installation of Lancer brakes are more easier than sportscar model's.

Check this out : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=113683

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
Thanks man.
Actually Im already using Evo II Twin pot at the moment actually, no complains... but.....

the mitsubishi word on the GTO 4 pot calipurs.... beautiful....
Im sure you agree its good looking eheheh..... just itchy la... nothing else to do wanna mod some more... hehe... just want to do it without any issues, thats why just askin for any opinions.. :)

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Yes, of course the Mitsubishi 3000GT-VR4 a.k.a GTO's brake kits are famous and make u proud to install, they using Brembo technology, similar which being used in Skylines and some other Japanese sports coupe and sedan's.

Please check out the thread i have given, maybe he also can recommend some expert installers to do modifications for you.

kori

Aug 30, 2004
service all calipers (normally people just put the caliper without service it)
who know maybe one of the caliper's piston jammed already...

for brake pad...dun worry bro...u can use those nissan 4 pot brake pad...
it will cost u somewhere around RM120-150 only...
unless u wanna opt for ebc..project µ..etc..etc... it will cost u more ...

Last edited:

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
kori said:
service all calipers (normally people just put the caliper without service it)
who know maybe one of the caliper's piston jammed already...

for brake pad...dun worry bro...u can use those nissan 4 pot brake pad...
it will cost u somewhere around RM120-150 only...
unless u wanna opt for ebc..project µ..etc..etc... it will cost u more ...

Wow... Brake Pads at Reasonable Prices! Fantastic.... I don't think the branded ones is necessary as its already 4 pot for a fairly small car.

Then again I tought of another reason that why this would happen (brakes locking)...
Might be : Front brakes is too strong compare to the rear disc brakes. The distribution of the braking force might be too strong for the front side. It should be around 60% front & 40% back or anything close. after installing the 4 pot it might be 80% vs 20%? sigh... :Not_Impressed:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
jaydee : hehe im also on twinpots
i know its already good
but the GTO one is juicy and nice hahhahahah
bt the problem its not a Plug & Play for us
about the locking it wont be a big problem,
get ur calipers serviced , get GOOD PADS , not CHEAP ONES
get good Dot4 Oil , it would be superb
but the thing is , how r u gonna fit it ?
using bracket , how acurate is the bracket ?
do u know at high speed, it might break everything and
gone :P u will be on a roller coaster with no brakes

jaydee

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
Subang Jaya
jinkl: Yeah the twin's are actually good enough....
the fact that my Evo 2 twin pots also have to make custom brackets to fit. Im not sure about VR4 twin pots/ evo1.

Most might say no need. Just plug and play. I don't want to confirm with other twin pot brakes (we're just having a healthy conversation here don't want later ppl tembak me say can plug and play all...)

But I can confirm with specifically my Evo 2 twin pots, I indeed made a custom bracket to fit.
(I can show you guys receipt of custom made bracket summore - hahaha!)
Even now when I go on the uneven roads, I still can hear the discs rattling noise.

Again back to the GTO's, there is someone in this forum is selling GTO brakes for our proton's. Includes everything! Brakes, Installation & custom brackets - that he claims 100% perfect fit!

I have to search for the post again.... Im sure some of you guys seen the post. I was thinking to go for that...

Can see mitsu calipurs in 17" rims... manyak gaya ohhh... hahah! but still cannot beat brembo la... but our car proton only ma.. cukup la bro.. hehe..

BadBlakie9136

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yar..im using it on my satria evo..no wonder it has amazing braking response..at front im using 4pot gto n at rear 2pot skyline..but the brakes was already fitted to car wen i bought it..and if u wanna wanna use it..i think 17inc and above size wheel only can be applied..im using ce28n with spacer..

clockwork

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
JB~SIN
i use on my perdana....not require spacer coz i got a set of evo 8 17" rim so is just nice....talking about jam i think just do a servicing will do...