Emanage Ultimate

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
I think what azmir wants is just something that will go a little bit quicker without compromising too much on moolah and reliability. What ECU and performance that you get is subjective to what your tuner is familiar with. Please do not tell your tuner to plug in a PFC, motec, fcon when he is extremely good in e-manage and tells him you want to get the optimal result with this and that mods just because someone tells you that this ecu is good and you've read a godzillion good reviews on them.

What i'll suggest is approach your tuner and let them decide for you. If you are bounded to a e-manage then go and approach a reputable e-manage guy. Just a rough idea for you what to do to get to your hp range(budget):

300-330hp easy otc
1)e-manage
2)decat, straight flow exhaust, j-pipe
3)intake filter,aftermarket fmic
4)stock turbine at 0.85 bar
5)fpr optional

400hp easy otc
all of above and:
1)headgasket, headstuds
2)aftermarket turbine
3)aftermarket clutch
4)aftermarket injectors
5)aftermarket afm / maf

All above are budget and non-track build, the result you get is as good as how good your tuner is confident with his tune and choice of ecu. Don't come bullshit me say you can't get this and that hp with just this and that mod, it just boils down to how aggressive your tuner is(and be confident enough to tell you its safe). I've seen how crazy some tunes are, gets every extra juice and still runs strong. Gotta see gotta believe.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
I agree with cosmicgate on choosing a tuner you trust explicitly for this particular project, outlining your goals and going with whatever ECU he recommends that you run if that is what the tuner is most comfortable with and is positive of delivering results. Some may not agree with this approach however bear in mind that we are not talking outrageous expectations here - Blood Red is simply after a set-up that will allow him to produce a maximum of 400hp. That I believe is achievable with just about any decent ECU.

However, from what I gather from past discussions with Blood Red, this project does not have a limitless budget and as such he requires modifications that give him the best bang for his buck (not engine go bang ok! hahahah). Note that he's not trying to skimp or cut corners but only looking for the best value for his money.

With that in mind, I believe the path I outlined previously allows for the least amount of surprises as any failures or broken parts down the road will only add to the cost of the project and throw him off his schedule. Either way, I think all of the suggestions given so far are worth considering and none are without merit. I just took the liberty of arranging them in such a way that the chances of nasty surprises are minimized. I hope Blood Red doesn't mind. :driver:

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
You all have your points and I appreciate the candid feedback. Certainly I will take it under consideration.

Pimpin, of course I don't mind. Sometimes it is difficult to focus on what upgrade to do next, especially when budget is low, and to have someone who has had the experience of going through the modification motions spell it out in detail is very helpful indeed. The mindset, mine at least, is to buy the next thing that will net me the most gain.

However, having a small budget also means that I am not in a rush to buy anything. Everything needs to be properly considered. I am sure you know, for those who regularly communicate with me, that I tend to move from one item to the next, from big turbines to ECU to widebands to brakes etc. Cluttered as it may seem, this is how I usually process things hahahhahaha... and it has worked for me in the past!

This topic so happens because I am reading a lot on tuning and of course a little 'knocking' incident that happened recently which freaked me out. The EMU is just something that is affordable and I just wanted to throw the idea out in this forum, to see if anyone in here has ever used it before, specifically on RB25DET.

Anyways, it will be a long journey before BR250 can become BR400. There are several options mentioned that I can really consider, mostly because they're relatively inexpensive and hiding the cost from the MOF will be a lot easier. Astarghfirullah hehheheheh

Again, thank you for your comments/suggestions.

Wassalam

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

You all have your points and I appreciate the candid feedback. Certainly I will take it under consideration.

Pimpin, of course I don't mind. Sometimes it is difficult to focus on what upgrade to do next, especially when budget is low, and to have someone who has had the experience of going through the modification motions spell it out in detail is very helpful indeed. The mindset, mine at least, is to buy the next thing that will net me the most gain.

However, having a small budget also means that I am not in a rush to buy anything. Everything needs to be properly considered. I am sure you know, for those who regularly communicate with me, that I tend to move from one item to the next, from big turbines to ECU to widebands to brakes etc. Cluttered as it may seem, this is how I usually process things hahahhahaha... and it has worked for me in the past!

This topic so happens because I am reading a lot on tuning and of course a little 'knocking' incident that happened recently which freaked me out. The EMU is just something that is affordable and I just wanted to throw the idea out in this forum, to see if anyone in here has ever used it before, specifically on RB25DET.

Anyways, it will be a long journey before BR250 can become BR400. There are several options mentioned that I can really consider, mostly because they're relatively inexpensive and hiding the cost from the MOF will be a lot easier. Astarghfirullah hehheheheh

Wassalam

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005

Wassalam

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Wassalam
bro, are you still running on stock exhaust system? The best bang for buck now is my step one guide to 330hp, its cheap and you definitely can feel the difference.

1)full straight flow exhaust system from halfcut (nurspec-r, kakimotor mega n1, bee-r,etc etc) = rm 600 ish

2)decat pipe ebay? rm250ish

3)j pipe ebay? rm250 ish

4)fmic? no idea bro, rm 1k?

5)manual boost controller, rm100 ish?

and finally the last piece to go with stage 1*drum rolls*ta ta ta ta!

6)e-manage

results, feel the power, get addicted, stage 2 comes!

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
bro, are you still running on stock exhaust system? The best bang for buck now is my step one guide to 330hp, its cheap and you definitely can feel the difference.

1)full straight flow exhaust system from halfcut (nurspec-r, kakimotor mega n1, bee-r,etc etc) = rm 600 ish

2)decat pipe ebay? rm250ish

3)j pipe ebay? rm250 ish

4)fmic? no idea bro, rm 1k?

5)manual boost controller, rm100 ish?

and finally the last piece to go with stage 1*drum rolls*ta ta ta ta!

6)e-manage

results, feel the power, get addicted, stage 2 comes!
cosmicgate,

1. Done. Straight flow.
2. Refer to #1
3. J pipe? Is this the elbow pipe where the O2 sensor is? If yes, then no. :)
4. Not yet, but I have my sights on the ER34 Trust FMIC set.
5. Done.
6. Undecided.

Hehehe....

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference between full exhaust set-up and a decat pipe? I always thought that while upgrading the exhaust system, you can choose to decat or not to make it less restrictive? But always see others listing these as seperate things. Is it an assumption that you didn't decat during your initial upgrade?

Blood Red

500 RPM
Jul 28, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I think decat pipe refers to the pipe section that will be put in place of the cat converter.

I may be wrong tho

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
But it is considered as part of the exhaust system right?

I guess from my understanding others tend to assume that during the exhaust upgrade, decat-ing have not took place yet.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
But it is considered as part of the exhaust system right?

I guess from my understanding others tend to assume that during the exhaust upgrade, decat-ing have not took place yet.
Because usually they are sold as catback systems, meaning from the catalytic converter onwards including the muffler. In Australia, they would offer catback systems PLUS high flow catalytic converters usually 3" in size. Then the dump and front pipe can either be bought separately and all sorts of companies make them. If you were to go the custom route, you would usually remove the cat converter completely but since most buy at least a catback exhaust, those who are unaware might not think to replace cat converter at the same time. Or like in Perth where I studied, it was illegal and came with a 10k fine.

Does this help?

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Because aftermarket exhaust kit sets are sold as cat-backs. The cat will remain in place. If you choose to remove the cat, it will be replace with a straight pipe.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Because aftermarket exhaust kit sets are sold as cat-backs. The cat will remain in place. If you choose to remove the cat, it will be replace with a straight pipe.
Same thing I said, but read this if you don't want to fall asleep. But my post above was still short compared to usual though :banghead:

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
[PIMPIN];1063642484 said:
Same thing I said, but read this if you don't want to fall asleep. But my post above was still short compared to usual though :banghead:
Relax, PIMPIN. Never missed out any posts by you in the past. Although I always make sure I scroll the entire post to estimate how long is it :biggrin:
It's always fun to read what you have to share.

Thanks as well, EJ.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Sorry PIMPIN, we posted almost at the same time. When I was typing your reply was not out yet. 05:54 versus 05:55. Hahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello folks! Has anybody tried to paint your own car before? Well, paintwork customizing will also count. I intend to give it a shot as well. Not to brag but I can draw so-so, hopefully it will turn out to be okay.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience