Naza-Kia launches the all-new Sportage at RM138,888, equipped to the brim

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The highly anticipated and all-new Kia Sportage has just been launched by Naza-Kia, the official distributor of Kia vehicles in the country, and has been priced at an extremely attractive RM138,888 for the sole guise available right now, a 2-liter petrol engine CBU with AWD that comes standard with a plethora of equipment and safety features.

By now, pictures of the new Sportage have been plastered all over the interwebs and there’s no denying it’s a handsome concoction of sporty good looks and a well-speced equipment list. Just to put things in perspective, the standard specification list has the likes of ESP, Downhill Brake Control (DBC), Hill Start Assist, six airbags, six-speed auto, smart key entry, engine start/stop button, rear view camera display, LED daytime running lights, panoramic sunroof, cruise control, dual climate control and 18-inch wheels. Even the glove box is cooled and the air-conditioning comes with an ionized filtration system.

Motivation comes from the Theta II 2-liter petrol engine that has continuous variable valve timing (CVVT). Power figures stand at 164hp and 197Nm of torque, more than sufficient to get the SUV moving quickly. Power reaches the AWD system through a six-speed automatic transmission.

The engine also comes with an electronically throttle and a variable intake system to improve torque across the powerband.

Normal driving conditions sees all the power going to the front wheels for fuel efficiency. However, if slip is detected a certain percentage of engine torque can be transferred to the rear wheels. There is also a 4WD lock mode that sees torque split in a 50:50 ration for low traction surfaces.

Safety wise, the Sportage is equipped just like its European counterparts, thanks in part to it being a CBU model. A five star Euro NCAP safety rating is achieved through the six airbags, ABS, EBD, DBC, Hill Start Assist, Cornering Brake Control, Brake Assist and a Traction Control System.

The interior has a very simple and functional design yet does not lack on style. The audio unit and cruise control has steering-mounted buttons for easier access while the head unit consist of a six CD changer that is MP3 capable. There’s also an iPod and USB jack for added audio connectivity. All that sound will keep the occupants entertained out of a six speaker system that has a subwoofer as well.

Naza-Kia are confident the Sportage will be a hit among local road users and are expecting to sell around 200 units a month. You can visit your nearest Kia showroom or log onto www.nazakia.com.my for more information.

Attachments

PowerMonster

Known Member
Nov 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Bad ass korean car designers ! but rims need more work

Toyota worried ? like how Samsung overtook Panasonic short of a decade only

Hows the engine noise intrusion level ?

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
Having well said,both Toyota and Panasonic already have their steady place in the market in the whole world dy.. I luv em all.. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any difference if i change my stock throttle body & intake-manifold to a larger/bigger one? say maybe a 4g92 mivec throttle body and intake-manifold, which its size is larger than my stock.

any of u guys changed to a larger throttle body & intake-manifold for ur car? wat are the results?

cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience