Driven: The new Proton Inspira 1.8 manual

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
ya then... huhahuha n still problem unsolve... huha forwat? so? just leave the problem there...
another 30 years passed... u'll see the consequences...

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
things happen for a reason, for no reason suddenly so many ppl bash proton for fun ar? got nothing better to do izzit? i would say many of them own atlease 1 proton before, n times goes by... 25 years, wat r Proton now in the auto industry? pls compare within asian market, don tell me with 60k for waja wat u expect, halo, 60k plus ringgit can buy brand new cbu lancer gt dy... but y 120k here? g take the other 60k of urs... claim to protect proton... need or not? 1time more expensive? compare apple to apple la... 2010 dy... look at mazda 3, honda civic, toyota altis or lancer gt... where r our waja replacement model? look at Hyundai, 10 years ago how they compete with Honda n Toyota, but look at them today... they might still working hard to follow the leader, but u could see their improvement n achivement... n don forget Kia also...

complain... every car manufacturer recieve complain... but y proton recieve so much more? perhaps more than half of the total sales never get satisfy? tats a serious number... proton care? they might say 60k car quality is like tat loh... u wan better buy honda or toyota la... but how ppl in japan could built a 60k car n donno how much more advance than us...

i used to own a satria gti many years ago... n i can tell u... during tat time... it was 1 of the very good car in the market, very solid, n it gets some good review from oversea too... n now? satria neo r3... r u telling me u fcking proud of it?

seriously, i would like to know those who r giving support to proton, wats make u do tat? cos price cheaper? dis is not a fair business if u could understant, but i understant we have no choice in dis land... n? wat else?

i don argue yet debate... i only voice out wats inside me... n everyone could has diff perspective...
peace :)
becoz it is not that bad ler...i would love to own and whack neo R3 if i can afford...proud of having proton? of coz becoz it is our nation pride (left aside the price factor, beyond our control currently) , vios also got problem..but people dont bash vios just becoz it is toyota...

i think proton really make good handling car...maybe some quality issue need to be improved..also i hope proton can comeout 200hp NA car someday :proud:.....

i bet their feasibility study shows that it is not feasible to built new platform for this inspira segment car...rebadge more feasible i think...

from my observation most people bashing proton becoz they wanted cheaper car in this country...if gomen waive taxes on imported car then gov will find another way to take back every penny they loss becoz it is gov income...income should be higher than expenses....maybe no more fuel subsidy, higher interest rate for car loan, higher road tax....

dont be like politician who complain alot when not in power, but when they have power they also dont walk the talk

p/s politician also promise alot without knowing they can fulfill it or not huhu

ashloft

Oct 18, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IF YOU WANT TO COPY, MAKE SURE THE CAR IS NOT IN MALAYSIA ROAD.

Proton make Wira and don't let mitsu bring Lancer in.....no problem, nobody hurt. And proton change front and rear light also.
Inspira? Change bumper only. If you want mitsu bumper let me know, I can guide where you can buy at below RM500 c/w painting.

Do you know what happen to KIA CARNIVAL owner? they still use that car and will use that car untill they die and that car will become their coffin later.

mosh

Known Member
Sep 16, 2004
KL
www.autoworld.com.my
its seems that majority of malaysian people is kindda "not very clever" itself to differentiate between a Proton and Mitsubishi..

what ever re badge, join cooperation or copy. Mitsubishi lancer is a Mitsubishi lancer.. not a proton. so does inspira, its a proton, not a mitsu.. even thou it is a copy of it..

nothing beats the original... i dont know, whether people are bashing because of the 25 yrs creativity thingy or wasting tax money because rebadging lancer or just hating proton name itself..

my point is.. nothing beat the original.. lancer is a lancer, inspira is a inspira...

untouchable

Aug 31, 2010
Jaybee
fake Proton..... waste of people money... nothing to proud...
I don't know why I'm mad at this Inspira ????

I't's just humiliating the nation as it cannot produce it's own 'Inspira' ......

p/s - I feel shame to be Malaysian.... Those neighboring countries just laugh at us. Re-badging other people creation and claim it as ours...... legitimate piracy.

Munmax

Oct 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The national car industry can never be successful without the support of it's people.

Koreans for example are very patriotic. They buy their brand and at the same time impose heavy protectionism to their auto industry. Can proton penetrate their local market? How about china?
They just won't let us sell our cars there, but we do.

There is nothing wrong to criticize proton, just make sure your "critic" does not expose your stupidity.
Be precise and do carry substance. Otherwise don't waste the bandwidth

Spoonz

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
Come on guys. This is not a fake car..its just a rebadge car. Now many Malaysian can drive a 2.0 cvt car. Rejoice!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
bro i hate to point this

but, Holden, belongs to GM, which in turn manufactures cars that ends up being rebranded as a Chevrolet, Pontiac and such and Ford is a rival company, nothing to do with it!

But yes, smart move, I guess thats how our current Proton CEO learnt from Perodua management and just like Mvyi rebadging the Passo/Boon and so on

8voltpreout

Known Member
Nov 28, 2008
Madagascar :-P

I't's just humiliating the nation as it cannot produce it's own 'Inspira' ......

p/s - I feel shame to be Malaysian.... Those neighboring countries just laugh at us. Re-badging other people creation and claim it as ours...... legitimate piracy.
And WHICH neighboring country have their national vehicle maker may i ask? Thailand? Singapore? Indonesia? Philippines? Cambodia? Myanmar??? Vietnam?? Or maybe Laos???? Which country in Southeast Asia does have their own national car manufacturer??? Please check before you make such posting.

And i as an Malaysian feel disgrace because our country got someone like you!

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

bro i hate to point this

but, Holden, belongs to GM, which in turn manufactures cars that ends up being rebranded as a Chevrolet, Pontiac and such and Ford is a rival company, nothing to do with it!

But yes, smart move, I guess thats how our current Proton CEO learnt from Perodua management and just like Mvyi rebadging the Passo/Boon and so on
+1 bro,

And may i ask all the bashers in here. Why don`t you bash Perodua took Toyota Passo`s design to produce Myvi in our country??? Why don`t you bash Perodua took Toyota Passo Sette`s design to produce Alza in our country??? They even stopped Toyota to importing these models to our shores. What to complaint about Lancer & Inspira? Myvi does became our Vehicle of the Year for a FEW consecutive years now! Who does make Myvi the Vehicle of the Year??? Ask your heart MYVIANS!

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel
if u had ask me, i don think proton basher wanted a cheaper car, perhaps most them rather choose other manufacturer instead buying proton... u r wrong if u thought no one r bashing toyota... some would so hard to accept y would they place the indicator in the middle of dashboard? n the chassis design of toyota made the car so floating... n y the honda car could produce such a incredible noice level while cruising only 110km/h? even a proton r more quite than a proton car...
every car manufacturer have it own basher, just proton has enormously big amount...

my point is.. nothing beat the original.. lancer is a lancer, inspira is a inspira...
fully agree... inspira is not lancer, 2nd phase onward, more than 60% of its origin will be localise... lancer owner have no treats or watsover...

car industry is a business... human need transport, so they supplied, n make money... its not
something u should proud or disgrace... never compare with singapore, u might not known wat they have archive in the WHOLE WORLD n not asia only... they might think dis isnt a business tat could make money for them since the demand in their own country is so low...
never be someone in north korea n still thought their leader kim jong il is the best people in the world...

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
And WHICH neighboring country have their national vehicle maker may i ask? Thailand? Singapore? Indonesia? Philippines? Cambodia? Myanmar??? Vietnam?? Or maybe Laos???? Which country in Southeast Asia does have their own national car manufacturer??? Please check before you make such posting.

woahhh...i like your statement very much broo!!!! very well said...damn nice!!! for all those basher...you guys better do some research before putting such stupid comment...hahahahaa!!!

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
Funny though u can see if there is any issue, there will be comment like
"wait for the next election, change the gov, huha huha..."... THEN? what's gonna happen?
change gov then suddenly proton can produce 400bhp perfect car with price starting from RM40k?
If like that, I'm sure gonna vote them out right now! hahahahha

mentality mentality.....
+1
agreed with mr basikal pancit. sometimes it is kinda funny when reading those kinda comment. LOL

paohyean

Known Member
Jul 28, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

But you don't seem to have any problem with Perodua rebadging Toyota/Daihatsu cars..
Or Naza rebadging God knows how many brands..

You bashers keep bashing that Proton is humiliating themselves by rebadging a Lancer..
But Perodua has been rebadging Daihatsu cars from the second they were launched..
So how come nobody seem to make an issue out of it??

Rebadging is something common even in Europe..
Skoda and Seat are just rip offs of Volkswagen's cars..
Bugatti Veyron's W16 engine is based from a Volkswagen's engine..
But did you see Italy, France, Britain and Spain complaining that their brands are just German rip offs?

Starkiller

500 RPM
May 19, 2010
Hartamas
But you don't seem to have any problem with Perodua rebadging Toyota/Daihatsu cars..

You bashers keep bashing that Proton is humiliating themselves by rebadging a Lancer..
But Perodua has been rebadging Daihatsu cars from the second they were launched..

But did you see Italy, France, Britain and Spain complaining that their brands are just German rip offs?
This is exactly what ive been telling people! But they just too stubborn to listen -.- . I totally agree with you bro! Well stated comment

honda

Jan 3, 2004
sel

pls check who owned proton n perodua... perodua is a business, dis business is to sell more car n gain profit to cope with the fcking car tax... don be supprise if u were told toyota owns dis perodua... but proton is something more representing dis land, n their progression r strart slowing down... real slow...

rebadge is is not the issue of the case... even aston martin just rebadge toyota iq, holden rebadge cruze n so on... proton r going backwards or just standing still... tats not right... we don ask to rnd engine n we din able to also, but jus a good body chassis design only... just use lotus tech, n all the resources to create the body chassis... n 20 over years experiences... where r the outcome???

if proton fail in PROTON EMAS, then donno how dy...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys, any of you know where to get shock absorbers for this car.
Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience