REVO Engine Treatment

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
i read d article frm REVO's website.d dyno graph of d BMW showed an improvement of over 10hp!regardless wether dat figure is ATW or ATC,dat's VERY impressive!but,as a consumer,i'm still sceptical.y show only ONE dyno graph?n wat's d proper baseline 4 such a BMW model?any1 else 1na share their experience?i've never used REVO,but i've tried Torco's RCL.i din know it's supposed 2 save fuel but whn i add it w VPower Racing,can REALLY REALLY feel d oommpphhh!!!hehehehehhe

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
akuma, ive just got my mech to add a bottle of revo today, just changed oil fully syn a week ago, drove about 500km and added revo. tomorrow will go on mythbuster spree see whether its as good as what it says hehe will post here to let u know what i observed

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
sound good. how long it can last? need to re-fill every time change engine oil?

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
eh?i tot ur supposed 2 add in d REVO whn u chg d engine oil?or 50km after dat if u din put it in whn u change d oil...but 500km?
nvm,wait 4 ur results thn..how much u bought it again?

LeeHK

Feb 22, 2010
Spore
the box recommends - after do new oil change, travel 50km or so... then only add REVO , so can notice the difference...etc etc

I can onli presume their engineers want to eliminate our guessing work as its hard to tell performance improvement is due to Revo or new oil service - if added at same time :idea:

My mechanic says no need to use full-sync with REVO, semi-sync good enough ... anyone doing this ?

Last edited:
May 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
another place u can buy is at "restoran jejantas" sungai buloh (south bound). got DIY shop there. i think the price around rm43. never tried before but already red the brochure given by the seller.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
eh?i tot ur supposed 2 add in d REVO whn u chg d engine oil?or 50km after dat if u din put it in whn u change d oil...but 500km?
nvm,wait 4 ur results thn..how much u bought it again?
haha akuma i wanted to fill in revo during last oil change but didn get the time to buy as i only read bout it after i did my service and i travel quite a distance daily, after a week or so already 500km then i bought it for rm45 at alfatech. nway eneos selling them for rm38 i think on their latest promo.

in short, im satisfied with revo, the difference is quite obvious especially in reducing tappet noise which been buggering me for ages.performance wise not too sure when u just serviced ur car, hard to tell whether the performance gained from new service or revo alone but i would probly say revo adds to the smoothness of torque gain, felt engine lighter and ease when driving, nice consistent response, every inch ur pedal is pressed gonna give u the pickup feel, kinda like the feeling when u drive a newly bought car hehe. but mainly engine tappet noise is considerably reduced, 3 days after using it, "tek tek tek" noise reduced damn a lot, now its been about 10days and the noise is still there, not totally gone, but with the aircond fan and engine sound, tappet noise is considered muffled already hehe

i will surely use it on regular basis. ori honda fully syn and revo works well for my honda for now. im not sure about this but i reckon revo works really well on aged engine (5years above).new car probly not so much different but hey, prevention is better than repairing, cost difference is big weyh haha hope this helps

super fei lo

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2007
hi bro..
carefull products with ceramic ptfe or teflon..
might coz lots of sludge built up in ur engine...

PowerMonster

Known Member
Nov 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi bro..
carefull products with ceramic ptfe or teflon..
might coz lots of sludge built up in ur engine...
yes am vary of Teflon based oil products too... not too good long term effect

I checked this out from their website

" REVO™ is 100% natural base, non-flammable, pH neutral and does not contain any chlorine, alcohol or Teflon and is environmentally safe."

Last edited:

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
While it is good to have an open discussion on a subject matter such as oil additives, we would like to appeal to all and sundry to post comments in an objective and responsible manner.

We at Tufoil do feel hurt and slighted when some members are warning others about certain ingredients like ptfe in oil additives. Fluoramics Inc., the makers of Tufoil would not like to be put in the same basket of oil addtives as others who have failed or who are newbies trying to build up their brands and following.

Tufoil has been around for nearly 3 decades. It took some 10 years in R & D before the product was finally released into the US market. The product is known for its technology which is complex. This technology has been granted 12 international patents. Is this not something that is worthwhile to ponder about? Besides, Tufoil has been tested by both the USA and Canadian governments with success. No government will undertake to test something that is bordering on nonsense!

The product also came under scrutiny from POPULAR MECHANICS magazine, a 100 year old US publication over a 2 year test period. " It's absolutely spectacular" said the headlines in the magazine.It went on to say that Tufoil is " the super slick additive that works. It didn't clog the oil filter, didn't leak out at the gasket, didn't thin out at high speeds. It stayed in dispersion and cuts the fuel bill"

Fluoramics Inc. is probably one of those makers that uploads the complete ingredients of thier famous product. This shows fullest transparency and technical disclosure and is most welcomed by today's motoring generation. Given that all these ingredients can be purchased in the open market and that there are more oil engineers than ever before since the '80s, there must have been countless attempts to reverse engineer this acclaimed product. At best, the material composition was 100% copied, BUT the technology could not be DUPLICATED.

So, today we see so many brands of oil additives both local and foreign. We do not want to say whether they are good or no good. The verdict we shall always leave it to the users of the product and their informed judgement. You all have seen products come and go, some heavily advertised and then disappeared from the market radar. Some their retail selling price keep going down. What does all this mean. As an informed consumer, does this not give a gentle knock on the brain box?

Our closest friendly competitor Slick is today a company owned by Shell. You can see this at the back of the packing. Dupont, the makers of ptfe has also introduced their oil additive. These world-class companies would not want to waste their time making something that is useless or dangerous for car enthusiast at large. Besides, it would certainly be a black eye for their corporate image if things do not turn out well. Before Tufoil and in the sixties, Fluoramics Inc. was already into thread sealants for oil and gas, nuclear, hospitals and the like. The Products known as LOX-8 and grease are today the industry's standard. These highly acclaimed products lasts indefinitely and worth its weigh in gold with extremely high technical parameters. FOCAL POINT sells them too. It was from a breakthrough in the development of this very high technology that saw the development of Tufoil. Likewise like Shell and Dupont, Fluoramics Inc. will not want to ruin its reputation with something that is unsafe for use in the car. These sealants are today used by US top 500 corporations and this kind of trust and confidence is most important for the well being of the company. Thus there is absolutely no reason to risk a good established reputation and important business with a product will bring disaster.

About the long term use of Tufoil? Since the '80s, Fluoramics Inc. had already developed a 250,000 mile club for Tufoil users. This club has some years back, morphed into a 500,000 mile club! Locally, there have already been documented cases of super high mileage with the use of Tufoil. You can read these in the Tufoil lubricant forums. If indeed there is harm, these engines would have died a premature death. Engines that run cooler with cooler oil temperatures promotes their life span and gives out more power. Hot engines with hot oils will inevitably lead to sludge formation in what is popularly called the black death. This thing sludge does not choose victims just like smoking and cancer. Rich or poor. Cheap car or V8 limousines, they all succumb to sludge if engines are not cared for. We often hear of expensive cars suffering from sludge problems and they are all running on synthetic oils! Does this not ring a bell? This is certainly food for thought, I am sure.

Cheers!

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
i've stop using Tufoil on my 4AGE Blacktop engine...
coz of sludge built-up... (not afraid to post this comment since it's my own experience)
at the time, only use Castrol Magnetac + Tufoil... 5000km oil change interval...

i've notice a lot of engine oil stuck at the back/top of plug cable...
so suspect that the oil didn't flow down as it should be...
doing overhaul discover a lot of sludge... even the crank bearing already show burned color (slight blue)...
consider lucky for doing the complete overhaul before the rod/crank give-up...

however, better for me to also put a doubt on this statement...
the engine is converted and from half-cut, and didn't go through overhaul/refresh process before putting into the engine bay...
only after 1 year of using, this issue occur... so the sludge built-up could due to the previous Jap owner...:hmmmm:

Now, i'm trying this REVO on my 9000rpm car...:proud:

Last edited:

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Good to hear diverse views on issues like this.

Yes, sludge takes quite sometime to build up. For today's motor oils are also called detergent oils. They lubricate and they also clean. However, if the donor engine has already years of sludge within, it will be impossible for even a good detergent oil to clean it up. Engine flush might help but only to a certain extent. It is a stubborn cud down there that somehow clings to the metal after a long period of time due in part to condensation vapour fused to the residues of the combustion process from blow-by and gasket leaks. Such engines are often subjected to very high operating temperatures from the beginning and where oil changes have been notoriously infrequent.

We have seen engines presumably using high quality oils from day of leaving showrooms and yet years down the road, there is quite some sludge deposited on the engine internals. In some cases, this sludge has hardened much like roach droppings on metal surfaces.

A workshop customer of ours handling mainly recon cars from UK and Japan knows the sludge problem is for real. The irony is that these cars come from cooler climates and hence cooler engines. But they are not spared from the curse of sludge. Even air-cond compressors are not spared too, it seems. It is thus advisable to do a regimental engine and compressor flush. Best still, opening them up and refurbish once and for all like what they are now doing on the automatic transmission box.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, fairly new to this page. Well I currently own a wira running on 4g15 MT fuel injection.
Im planning to swap to 4g91. Can this be done by just transplant the engine without changing the gearbox?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience