Car held for ransom @ Seremban

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
Hi guys, not sure if this is in the right section but this just happened to a friend of mine..

Yesterday afternoon on the way back from KL-JB, my friends car overheated and broke down on the NS-Highway (near seremban)

She was approached by an Indian man who said he owned a Auto Repairs/Servicing shop nearby, as this was happening police officers stopped to see what was going on, and took down the man's details. My friend felt it was safe enough (He had a professional looking card and with the police there she felt like she could trust him)

The car was towed back to his shop for RM120, and my friend was forced to sign some declaration which said that she is leaving the car there at her own will etc

This was 5-6pm and the foreman at the shop said he will diagnose the car and get back to her about the specifics in the morning of the next day.

9.30am the call comes through, he claims that the engine needs to be overhauled bla bla bla and the total bill is going to be around RM2+k

Not happy with this my friend (and this time accompanied by her bf) went over to the shop to try to remove the car and tow it to another shop. The people at the shop responded aggressively and refused to allow them to move the car (by this time the car engine had been almost completely dismantled). The car engine was in bits.. and in the process her touch&go card had been stolen along with other bits and pieces in the car.

In desperation the two of them went around Seremban asking for help from other car shops, but no one wanted to get involved. One shop owner even told them that "theres no way you are getting you car out of that shop without paying them at least RM500 to release it" and that "they are famous for this and if anyone tries to help, their shop gets burnt down"

My friends were subjected to a barrage of verbal (with hints of physical) abuse throughout the day, and finally managed to settle by offering RM800. My friends BF was held hostage in the shop until she showed up with the RM800. (they also demande an extra 6 cans of 100 plus before the car could be released! wtf!).
The car was finally removed by a tow truck company who did not even dare park near the offending shop!

The car is now at a (hopefully) proper garage who is attempting to fit the engine back together (they say it will take a week)

Just a heads up to anyone who breaks down on the NS highway and in general to anyone who breaks down on the side of the road. Never trust people who approach you and ALWAYS try to call your own contacts/garage/reputable breakdown services.

The offending shops details

G.H AUTO SERVICE
No. 1864 Jalan BSS 2/1,
Bandar Seremban Selatan,
71450 Sungai Gadut,
Seremban

Approached by a man called GOBINAATHAN
H/P 012-601 8406
012-621 8485
06-6791164

Has this happened to anyone else? And is there any action that can be taken against them?

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
got make police report about this? with all the details at least make it official. but sounds like mafia workshop oni...i know economy still bad but this is ridiculous la.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
bro...biasala tuh..
thats y u must register wid AAM....more trustworthy....

if im the person ah...i will pay the rm800..but make sure i will get 10 times the amount...
today is your day....but not other day...haha...
anyways u must make a police report & write to the press as well bro....
or pay someone rm300 to throw molotov cocktail at their shop...front & back., up & down, make sure no 1 escapes..haha...

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

anyways, u should have brought the police along wid u when u collecting
yr car.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

did he issue u a reciept for the rm800? i
guess not rite? so meaning u got no proof...

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
People nowadays, always trying to make a quick buck & cheating people.....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
wow. glad to hear your friends are ok. i agree with danzeterna. u should seek his advise on legal action. =)

amTonjet

Known Member
Apr 20, 2009
pay someone rm300 to throw molotov cocktail at their shop...front & back., up & down, make sure no 1 escapes..haha...

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

I'll do it for rm300!!

SE86

Known Member
Nov 21, 2005
it happened to my fren before..his car broke down and they said the car needs overhaul..charged him 2k and he paid cause he dunno anything and i was in Melaka..let me find out where is this shop..same reason and same excuse used in both situation..thanks for letting us know..

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

wat u can do is put a prank on them..get a person who is more of taikor to do that..cause they telling that they will burn the shop i dont think they dare do so..i will try to ask my tow truck fren and see weather he knows bout this workshop..

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
My friends were subjected to a barrage of verbal (with hints of physical) abuse throughout the day, and finally managed to settle by offering RM800. My friends BF was held hostage in the shop until she showed up with the RM800. (they also demande an extra 6 cans of 100 plus before the car could be released! wtf!).
The car was finally removed by a tow truck company who did not even dare park near the offending shop!
your friend should call the cop when her bf was held at the workshop against his will. if no action taken on this workshop more victims will face the same consequences.

oksmike

Known Member
Nov 2, 2009
perak
making police report oso no use 1.....those workshop n towing workshop is like Gangsters they FEED our so call MATA.....they will gv $$$ to THOSE MATA who call em' to come tow the car.
same thing happen when u call MATA station for an accident after hanging ur call MATA will call those towing truck for extra cash.
my advise is call PLUS for help o like DAnz said AAM. atleast PULS can tow the car to the nearest toll station by then u can calll ur frens o relative.

adzakael

Sep 7, 2009
Shah Alam
this story seems so familiar
read it here http://forum.killerbees.com.my/index.php?topic=3592.0

among other things that you can do is by lodging a report to the Consumers Tribunal
http://ttpm.kpdnkk.gov.my/portal/index.php

i think they dare to do this kind of thing
because nobody hv ever make a report before
and even if they threaten you (burn down car,kidnap etc)
you still can lodge a police report regarding the threat

but if you don't hv faith in the system
you still hv other options
one of it is just go home and start *TOOT* about the problem
blaming this ppl and that ppl
w/o actually trying to solve the problem :wink:

Last edited:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
making police report oso no use 1.....those workshop n towing workshop is like Gangsters they FEED our so call MATA.....they will gv $$$ to THOSE MATA who call em' to come tow the car.
same thing happen when u call MATA station for an accident after hanging ur call MATA will call those towing truck for extra cash.
the workshop is so BRAZEN is bcoz not a single one dares to report them to the authorities. i am pretty sure when somebody is HELD under his own will the police will do something about it.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
well firstly , not to be racist but indians in this contry ony a handful can be trusted.

I have had similar experience with my car on the Ampang elevated highway , was driving my honda at normal speed came to a corner and took it as usual and my car spun out. Before i know it a tow truck is coincidentally on the highway at 1am and they guy ask me to not drive my car anymore as its not safe.

Firstly my car never hit anything , just spin out , gain control and im back on the road, i know it was oil as i know the limits of my cars, that guy try to make me stupid.

So i tell him , nvm i got balls of steel and i will drive home , u can clean the oil u placed and go home after that. He look at me and i got into my car and took off.

In ur friends case , personally she should have gone to police station and complain that she did leave her car there but she never authorize any work to be done on car w/o her knowledge, opening an engine is a serious job.

2nd , she should have just reported the car stolen and let the police know where it is. she will get it back and she would not have needed to pay the ransom money.

My advise to everyone , please do have one tow truck number in ur phone, its very important to avoid dirty scumbags like this.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hmm...thanks for the heads up...I will go check out that area and that shop....and will spread the info out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Photos: 210
Pages: 4

Photography:
-Ldragon
-Tom

Special Thanks to:
-Visworks Autolab -Engine works
-Dastek Unichip -Engine Management
-Racecraft Carbon Products -Carbon Fiber parts
-Era Maju Wheels -Wheels and Tyres
-CYT Paintworks -Paintworks
-Mike's Bodywork  -Bodyworks
-Titan Suspension -Suspension system

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience