• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Greetings!!

anyone tried changing the timing belt for this engine before? got a question about the timing markers and how they seem to defy logic...unless i missed something :biggrin:

andrewleo013

Nov 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all si fu,

I am newbie over here. Does any one know how to install a tachometer in waja campro? where can i get the RPM signal?

Thanx O.

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
All CPS folks,

When the 2nd stage cam kick in, can hear the engine sound such like Vtec or Mivec?

reezl

Jan 27, 2010
Selangor
hallo...
i'm a newbie here though..
i am planning to 'sambar' this gen2 cps..
i have look at the forum in motortrade(sadly can't register), they talk about good things about this model..
and i just happen to found this forum today..huhuhuhu...
due to the good feedback from the users of gen2 cps that i've read, i think its worth buying, considering its proton though.
furthermore, the 2009 model got 5k discount which turn my head 360degree!!!:dancing2:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

i heard that there are issue about the height at the rear seat roof...
they said it quite low and will hit head if going on a bump..
how do you guys find this issue affect your satisfaction??

Last edited:

teli

Oct 29, 2008
hye...

i own gen2 cps 4 month already...

very satisfy with my car! :proud:

when cps kick in dont have any sound but you will notice from the engine power, around 3800rpm, then at 4800 VIM will activate, quite noisy sound from the engine...
easily can smoke car 2000cc auto tranny..

some more from engine firewall have tiny hole around pedal, when heavy raining sometimes your foot will little bit wet because of this... :banghead:

for the

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
hye...

i own gen2 cps 4 month already...

very satisfy with my car! :proud:

when cps kick in dont have any sound but you will notice from the engine power, around 3800rpm, then at 4800 VIM will activate, quite noisy sound from the engine...
easily can smoke car 2000cc auto tranny..

some more from engine firewall have tiny hole around pedal, when heavy raining sometimes your foot will little bit wet because of this... :banghead:

for the

So, did u highlight to service cantre about those small holes?
Btw, what is the fuel consumption?

teli

Oct 29, 2008
So, did u highlight to service cantre about those small holes?
Btw, what is the fuel consumption?
always forget to highlight this problem because rarely get this problem...i think once only.. :confused:

my manual tranny, from my own calculation around 12~15km/L, but at meter showing 6.1~6.4L/100km...usually i refill my gas for full tank around rm60, around 33 Liter, can go more than 400km for town area and 450 for cruising.... depend your drive style.... :rolleyes:

i wonder why my right foot become heavy when drive this car... :biggrin:

one more thing better install voltage stabilizer+grounding cable, will reduce power loss every time AC kick in :banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

booked the Gen 2 CPS today...:biggrin:

opted MT.
welcome to world of the annoying dashboard sound bro.... :rofl:

you a rezal right?! :rolleyes:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
always forget to highlight this problem because rarely get this problem...i think once only.. :confused:

my manual tranny, from my own calculation around 12~15km/L, but at meter showing 6.1~6.4L/100km...usually i refill my gas for full tank around rm60, around 33 Liter, can go more than 400km for town area and 450 for cruising.... depend your drive style.... :rolleyes:

one more thing better install voltage stabilizer+grounding cable, will reduce power loss every time AC kick in :banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Btw, have any noisy sound from interior :confused:
12~15km/L is very good FC for me.

teli

Oct 29, 2008
yeah little bit at AC funnel for windscreen at driver area...remedy?put paper between them...huhu

if you not sensitive enough you will be not notice that sound....

reezl

Jan 27, 2010
Selangor

guilty as charged...:driver:

reezl

Jan 27, 2010
Selangor
my loan has been approved...
this evening will go to sign agreement...

i get the hibiscus tea color..huhu

kevlee

Jan 16, 2010
Selangor/Penang
Not here to scare anyone, but this is my real real experience shared with u all:

On 29 Jan 2010
Would like to inform that 4 days owning a Gen2 CPS, my car broke down on the road side. Could you believe, 4 DAYS!!!!....
Had to tow to service center....SHI* and What The F*C*!!!!

Last friday night, initially i planned to attend a dinner, just came out from my house, and drove my new Genny, after 2 min of driving, i found that the Orange color led indicator ON (it should be off after the car started), so i drove to road side and switch off the engine and restart again, then the engine dead already....

Never think of Proton car so so so.....LOUSY......
Call the service center, then the guy ask me to check a lot of stuffs la, and they mentioned they will send mechanic to fix my problem, but after 15 min waiting, they rang me up and told me that, currently with the signs i mentioned, only SC have the equipment to diagnose the problem, mechanic also can't do anything without the tools.
He asked me to tow the car back to SC, but since that its a weekend, the can only fix my problem next monday.....

It's sucks man..... I plan to get back to KL on Sunday and now been drag by this stupid problem and had to take Emergency leave to fix the stupid car.....

It's really dissapoint me, I put so many hope to Proton, but it fail me.....Back to home, been mumbled by my mum:" TOLD YOU IN ADVANCE D, GO FOR TOYOTA OR HONDA, YOU SEE NOW WHAT HAD HAPPENED, NEW CAR ALSO LKE OLD CAR, BROKE DOWN ON THE ROAD SIDE!!!!
It make me feel bad and even more sad with the word said by my mum...I should listen to her advice.

On Monday 1 Feb 2010
Today, go to the SC at Sungai Pinang,Penang, behind Volvo...This make me more fustrated to Proton.

I reached the SC aorund 8.10am, and after the registration (the most should be around 8.30am),I left my car at the SC. I am the 12 person in the SC. During the registration, the Service advisor told me, because my car was purchased from a dealer,so a lot of info they don't have. (I wonder why the SA said so to me, mine Proton bukan Prton kah???) So it took some time. I am fine with that. But he keep on asking me question which already written in the registration card, like car model? Auto or Manual? Even worse, when he rang up a person ask for some info regarding Satria (Hello,my car is Gen2, CPS manual)

Then, i went back around 1.30pm and would like to know some update regarding my car.(That time my car already pushed in the garage d) the SA answered me: "now is the lunch time, don't kow what problem yet." (Then it's fine, lunch time ma, orang kena makan juga). He answer me that the mechanic will back at 200pm. Then I wait in the waiting room (from there can see the mechanic working) until their working hour 2.00pm, I thought they will continue troubleshoot my car. Sad thing is from 2-3pm, none of the mechanic touch my car (from there i know that they never touch my car, only thing they did is push my car from outside to inside) Coz, if they troubleshoot my car before lunch, one of the mechanic should continue doing that, my temper start come d,(from 8.30 - 3pm, nothing was done) After that I straight call EON to complain. After 30 mins of the complain, the SA call me and they now found out the problem d, it's the wiring or he relay problem. This is the answer-I want. I understand that the SC may not have the part to fix mycar, but at least let me know the diagnoses and let me know when my car can be done, so that I can plan my work.....Sigh!I initailly plan to go back to KL today. But on leave to fix the car, and no car to use for my work, have to depend on my senior to fetch me around...Sighs

Is that what we faced when we came to a point to claim the warranty. From here, I am absolutely sure that this will be my last Proton purchase. With the poor service center and QC....It make my heart break again

On 2 Feb 2010
Today, after i made a complain yesterday, the EON staff rang me up and told me that the part already send out and should reach the mentioned SC by today. In the evening, wen i called up he SC to ask regarding the progress, the SA answered me they are still waiting for the parcel to arrive. So they will call the courier company to follow up with.....

Aiya.....Susah hati saya....Gen 2 CPS, after this problem, I hope no more upcoming problem waiting for me in near future....

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

'(00): We've never got to see a good shot of the Sultan's Veyron until now. In a custom paint scheme unique to the Sultan and some of his specials. It had also made an appearance at a charity event just last weekend. Antype: Sultan of Johor Ibrahim Ismail in his Bugatti Veyron

As Posted here...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience