Perdana V6 Community Forum *

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello, hi...newbie here

well, i'm just an another, ordinary perdanaV6 owner. have just convert my machine with the manual gearbox after 3 autos! mine is 2001 version...first broken in 2007 and 2009 twice. the last ones only survived for 2 weeks. it's really frustrating you know...even my 11-year-old-satria is still running strong without any major problem!

before converting the gearbox, i did some surveys (just 2 weeks ago-jan2010) with numbers of mechanics, friends, etc...and this is what i've found out:

1. to convert to Evo 3+shiny, stainless steel beautiful piping+workmanship will cost around RM12k (and above la...of course).
2. Evo 3+workmanship cost around 9-10k.
3. v6tt will cost around RM9k..also complete with piping, workmanship, etc..
4. gearbox manual only- cost me RM3k...so far, after a week la! ok, no problem...

at first, i was surprised to hear the harga because i thought it would cost me only around RM8k to get Evo3 with workmanship and so-on so-on, but sadly, that's harga lama! so, after a long consideration, i convert to manual only la. that's all i can managed for now...(i hope it only FOR NOW!)

so, that's an introduction about me and my machine...thank you..:itsme:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
aie...
u standby rm8k enuf la...complete halfcut + workmanship...

lamedrvr...
biasala tuh bro.....u should have converted to manual tranny on the 1st time yr auto tranny failed on u......on the money u spent changing that auto gbox, u could convert to v6tt......
but anyways, if u plan to convert your engine in future, u could buy the halfcut, pasang & sell off your current manual gbox....cos manual tranny still hot in the market, high demand.

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah..agree with you Danz :biggrin:

i suppose if any other PV6 owner here never had any problem with your auto tranny yet, better standby some money- if your PV6 is 4-5 year (and above) old of age. it doesn't matter whether or not you got oil cooler (for the gb), this problem will soon haunt you (i hope mine is not going to repeat!).

but i guess it also depends on how you drive la kot Danz? because i've read somewhere, that their PV6 still using the same auto tranny for quite a long time- 9 years is consider very lucky to me! hard to believe, but, well...(lucky them!)

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
to maintain your gbox, get an ATF cooler, better with fan....
use toyota ATF type 4, change ATF every 10-15km, warm up your engine at least 1-2 mins before driving, & pray hard your gbox wont fail on u...:)

Jan 17, 2010
putrajaya
:itsme:hello guys...im new here...salam perkenalan..from amad...putrajaya...:itsme:

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

kat mane bleh remap v6?and price die agak2 brape eh?

May 24, 2009
Perdana Absorbers going to kaput

Hai Bros , I own a Perdana V6 enhance version 3 , I changed my springs to Tein after a week from buying the car which was in 2007 .. now my stock absorbers are failing ..... need some advice on what absorbers to tukar ... I am looking at the normal absorbers not the hi-lo kind .. may be tein or any other better brand ....

pls HELP !!!!

Jan 17, 2010
putrajaya
hello bro...
not sure bro...but a couple of hundred bucks la...i was quoted before..
must as well add a couple of hundred bucks more & get GReddy Emanage blue....
if i buy GReddy Emanage blue,wut can i do with it?cuz aku tak tau ni ha...:stupid:

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Hai Bros , I own a Perdana V6 enhance version 3 , I changed my springs to Tein after a week from buying the car which was in 2007 .. now my stock absorbers are failing ..... need some advice on what absorbers to tukar ... I am looking at the normal absorbers not the hi-lo kind .. may be tein or any other better brand ....

pls HELP !!!!
hiper max mayb can help u..rm900+- 4 batang absorber..

aie@ppv6

Jan 18, 2010
Selangor
yeah..agree with you Danz :biggrin:

i suppose if any other PV6 owner here never had any problem with your auto tranny yet, better standby some money- if your PV6 is 4-5 year (and above) old of age. it doesn't matter whether or not you got oil cooler (for the gb), this problem will soon haunt you (i hope mine is not going to repeat!).

but i guess it also depends on how you drive la kot Danz? because i've read somewhere, that their PV6 still using the same auto tranny for quite a long time- 9 years is consider very lucky to me! hard to believe, but, well...(lucky them!)
my car is about 10yrs car. so far gb still ok.. got one time not engaged in shah alam when i turn to D position. but now seems like the auto transmission not that smooth.. always jerking..!! erkkk...

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
if i want to change the feul pump to wallbro one, do i need to put also fuel regulator "FRP"?

lamedrvr

Jan 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
my car is about 10yrs car. so far gb still ok.. got one time not engaged in shah alam when i turn to D position. but now seems like the auto transmission not that smooth.. always jerking..!! erkkk...
waahhh...10 years?! lucky you! now that your gb already showing 'signs of destruction', i hope you make a very good decision when the time is up. don't waste money like I did.

but if you know so well how to take care of the auto tranny, I think even if you get a new one that cost well...(err, how much haa? last time I asked my mechanic it cost RM8k for a new perdanaV6 auto gearbox. still the same kaa? don't think so!)...it still worth it. ya la...for 10 years! :top:. my best record is only for 5 years..:banghead:

or else, second cheapest option, convert to manual. got bigger budget? ahah! just ask the sifus here how..:biggrin:

eg666

Aug 11, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
of course he wanna buy gbox...his auto tranny giving way already....
ada...just standby rm3.8k, but i suggest u must as well get a twin turbo halfcut straight...
yup, i want 2 buy it...
the maintenance 4 tt is toooooo high la bro..
better use v6 n/a...

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
TT i think when the time to service major things it get expensive any cars with performance is more or less like that. but that one is once in a cycle of mileage.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah...thats true...

for those that using continental/italian cars before, then
when using v6tt, the maintanance is considered cheap....
harrycath...ada betui ka tarak betui? :)

for those using kancil then suddenly upgrade to v6tt, to
them its considered damn expensive....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi ppl...i wld just like 2 share my personal experience on using TUFOIL...u c..i drive a mitsu 4G63t n im sure 99% of ppl here knows d famous mitsu is famous for its NOISY TAPPETS n believe me...mine sounded like a disco playing TEK TEK TEK only :)...well...after reading n following this forum for a while,i decided 2 give it a shot...dat was about a year ago...

i was using semi synt castrol magnatec..i decided 2 give TUFOIL a shot...n 2 my amazement,it worked very well in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience