Iswara 1.3 A/B valve problems?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Hakaider

Jul 27, 2005
Cheras
I drive an Iswara but I can't remember the year unless I check my car card at home.

It is a 1.3 A/B manual model older than the LMSS/LMST and I bought it when the limited edition silver LMSS was introduced.

The car is not actually modified, but I started to use K&N open pod air filter, NGK Platinium or G-Power number 6, fully synthetic engine oil & regularly change the oil + filter every 5,000 kms as soon the car has clocked 10,000 kms until today but everything else is stock standard.

I regularly drive at 3,000 - 5,500 rpms on the highway daily, so that explains the usage of the items mentioned above.

Now that this car has clocked 80,000 kms one of the non-official service centre foreman told me that my 2nd & 4th cylinder has some valve problems.

He demonstrated a few things :

1) When he removed the spark plug cable from the 2nd cylinder & rev the engine, the engine doenst shake.
Same thing happened when he pulled out the 4th cable too, but if done on the 1st & 3rd the engine would shake like earthquake which I know is normal.

2) He did a compression test using a kit screwed into the spark plug holes & calimed that the compression is not normal.

3) When the engined is revved to about 2,500 rpms the engine will shake but higher or lower rpms are OK.

Questions :

1) Is it possible that my driving style of regularly using 3,000 - 5,500 rpms daily caused this valve problems, despite using fully synthetic engine oil?

(I did the all same things with my another older Iswara but it has no problems until today clocking 120,000 kms)

If this is not the cause, anything else that can cause this like inssuficient engine oil, overheating engine, leaking water in engine block & etc ?

2) The foreman said that the valves are not closing properly and it could be solved by grinding it or totally replace the valves.

How can I be sure the problem does not reappear due defective/low quality valves or caused by misalignment between the valve guide and seat due to manufacturer's error?

3) What is the reasonable amount of warranty period I should look for in case this problem resurface after fixing it?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience