Iswara a/b 1.3 (97model)

mahin_kumar

Jun 13, 2008
Hi peepz. I am a newbie here. Jus looking for suggestions.
Well, i need more power !!
What can I do to maximize the output of my lil engine here.
Only installed K&N filter so far.
I had few in mind: flywheel, cluthplate, performance spark plugs+cables, port polish....

Pls do advice me on how i can extract more power in a not too high budget way(baru masuk keje 1 month ago :P)

Thank you in advance Gurus :)

-mahin-

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
bro since you said newbie jz a word of caution....after you do all these modification you must make sure you really gain some "real" power....there is no point in modifying a car to gain power when actually what you gain is some "loud sound" and the "feeling" of gaining some horsepower but in actual fact a stock standard car outpowers you in the highway......many hav experienced this before....thank you

mahin_kumar

Jun 13, 2008
Thank you simon and skywalker. So u guys are suggesting tat i can proceed wit the modification i had in my mind ???
Some said tat porting engine would have real bad effect on the engine after a year... as in the engine will start to deteriorate. is it true ?????

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Thank you simon and skywalker. So u guys are suggesting tat i can proceed wit the modification i had in my mind ???
Some said tat porting engine would have real bad effect on the engine after a year... as in the engine will start to deteriorate. is it true ?????
nope... i ported mine last year... everything still very good eventhough tuning is not perfect yet...

limking

Mar 12, 2009
If you gonna do port n polish do make sure you get the guy who know what he's doing ! Not any tom ,dick or harry will do.So check around first.:idea::smokin::wavey:

limking

Mar 12, 2009
Since you're in KL you can opt for NS Performance in Glenmarie which is reputable for their port n polish jobs . But before you do that pnp , think you better start with your 1.air flow system first follow by 2. performance spark plug cable and performance spark plug 3. (a) lighten crank and (b)cam pulleys + (c) high performance camshaft together with pnp then dyno and reset timing .Just my two cents worth .:biggrin:
Estimated cost for parts a .RM400 b. RM250 c. RM800

Last edited:

mahin_kumar

Jun 13, 2008
cun... and one last thing, how much do i have to scoop out for just port&polish ????

limking

Mar 12, 2009
cun... and one last thing, how much do i have to scoop out for just port&polish ????
If not mistaken should be about RM600 for just pnp job. Ain't so sure ,been along time already.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Hi peepz. I am a newbie here. Jus looking for suggestions.
Well, i need more power !!
What can I do to maximize the output of my lil engine here.
Only installed K&N filter so far.
I had few in mind: flywheel, cluthplate, performance spark plugs+cables, port polish....

Pls do advice me on how i can extract more power in a not too high budget way(baru masuk keje 1 month ago :P)

Thank you in advance Gurus :)

-mahin-
how much u expect ur budget would be?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
port n polish job alone cost anything from rm300 till rm1.5k... depending on expertise and how close to 100% flow efficiency they can achieve...

normally pnp job does not include 3-angle port on valve neck... if include 3-angle porting is more expensive.... and if the workshop has flow bench test for better accuracy in porting job, it will be much more expensive...

mahin_kumar

Jun 13, 2008
how much u expect ur budget would be?
sorry for the late reply.been busy:)
well bro, i cud like see in arnd rm 500-750 per month. so hv to save 1st before i indulge in anything.thats y i am asking and getting info to be easy..

thank you guys for the info abt pnp.. appreciate it. will plan and execute it in few months time :))

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guys,
I have one question that I would like all Sifus to give their valuable inputs. I currently have this problem which I don't have a clue on what the issue is.
Here it goes....
1) What should be the voltage reading at idling?
2) What should be the voltage reading when you switch on your air-con + head lamps?
3) Will the voltage drop when the air compressor kicks in?

My voltage is ~12+ v before I start my engine. After I start my engine, the voltage will increase to ~13 plus...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience