4k salary can buy what car?

smoking gun

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
KAJANG
well...if the chap likes the silvia so much and its his dream car...just go get it! then he'll surely know what to do to gain more money when he buys the car..
buy first! think later! surely u know what to do when maintaining the car...u'll think of how to get more money and thats a good spirit actually...its the drive man! i did that before..bought my waja at the age of 25 in Y2K and was earning some 1.6K a month...this is a true story, that waja opens my mind up to find ways how to gain more money...which until today i have 4 cars including a bmw and the waja is still in good hands and oredi finish paying the installment... note: all cars are pimped with big wheels and big engines.

ShallowRiver

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
some good news are meant to be left alone and humility is key.

jaydee123

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
I work in the loans department. What I can tell u is your RM4K salary is sufficient provided u do not hv any other loans/commitment. I suggest a downpayment of at least 10% with a repayment over 7 years and a monthly instalment of RM1816 @ ~4% pa.

But as a car enthusiasts myself I beleive you should not put your money on that car as you would not hv any savings left. Here is the breakdown of the monthly expenditure on your post-epf & socso salary:RM3500

Instalment(p.m):RM1,816
Insurance(p.m): RM227
Petrol(avg) RM400
Food/others etc: RM1,000

Total approximately: RM3,450:_:

You dun even hv money to service your car which would cost say RM350 per 3 months

Last edited:

wish9

Known Member
May 13, 2005
Nevada
is not sufficient for me, 4k to own a sport car, but, for some ppl, they may able to do it!

btw, Malaysia Boleh!

Last edited:

Gambar666

Aug 31, 2005
Ampang
Hi everyone,

I must say the advice given has been very good, i myself am looking at buying a car . As an intro, Im a 26 year old earning about 5K after tax. I was thinking about buying the 2.0 civic but spending 1800++ per month (including maintenance+insurance+roadtax+misc) for a car doesnt sound sustainable to
me as im planning to get married in a couple of years :D.
So im now looking at a unregistered 2001 celica thats going for 108K.However
im missing some important data in terms of reliability and maintenance costs for the celica.Can some of the sifus here tell me what i can expect in terms of yearly maintenance for the 2001 celica and how reliable it is?My gf already has the family car for our future as she has already bought a pesona. What were looking for now is a car for us to have fun with but still reasonable on the pocket.Would really appreciate all the bros advice 2cents or otherwise!

P/S: I have 20k for downpayment. If any of the bros have any other car suggestions im all ears :) Preferrabaly sporty though as we already have a family type car.Thanks!

Last edited:

lil_piggy2

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Wah.... Brother... i dun think u really wanna spend that much each month on monthly repayment on cars lar... cars depreciate not appreciate lar... moreover.. 108k celica means its either a 99 or 2000 car... 7 year old will have lots of maintenance problems liao.... u will be looking at yearly spendings of RM5k just on repair and maintenance alone man... as celica is not a common car with parts everywhere lar.... my 2 cents would be please consider every year an additional 5k for repair&Maintenance plus with at least 10k per year on depreciation... and then consider if you are willing to lose that much per year... *note* the more expensive the car.. the more u lose in depreciation... If u really want a sportscar... just go buy an old MR2 or something lor.. as a weekend car... then get a cheaper daily driven car... coz sportscars is not advisable to drive on a daily use lar...

Anyway... regarding Celica more indepth... u should consult Celica si-fus in their own forum... http://www.myjsoc.com/forum/
lots of sifus there of different make ... u can consult them on technicalities there

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
wa RM4k salary if don eat anything for 9 years fuyoo can get a lot of powerful car fuyoo rm4.32 millions! hehe.....

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
Hi everyone,

I must say the advice given has been very good, i myself am looking at buying a car . As an intro, Im a 26 year old earning about 5K after tax. I was thinking about buying the 2.0 civic but spending 1800++ per month (including maintenance+insurance+roadtax+misc) for a car doesnt sound sustainable to
me as im planning to get married in a couple of years :D.
So im now looking at a unregistered 2001 celica thats going for 108K.However
im missing some important data in terms of reliability and maintenance costs for the celica.Can some of the sifus here tell me what i can expect in terms of yearly maintenance for the 2001 celica and how reliable it is?My gf already has the family car for our future as she has already bought a pesona. What were looking for now is a car for us to have fun with but still reasonable on the pocket.Would really appreciate all the bros advice 2cents or otherwise!

P/S: I have 20k for downpayment. If any of the bros have any other car suggestions im all ears :) Preferrabaly sporty though as we already have a family type car.Thanks!
in tat case might as well get a Lotus Elise, its a pocket rocket and a corner king. :biggrin:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
gambar,
Having a RM5k salary, better buy properties. It's always a better investment. Yeah, it's nice to have a nice car, modded and stuff but if you think about it, property investment is always a better choice. Quite a number of people say that year 2008 will be a difficult year so the way I see it, it's better to be careful with your spending now as it may affect you later on. Else, if you're not keen on properties, you may want to consider BlackHowling's Orange Monster Supra. hehehe

Gambar666

Aug 31, 2005
Ampang
Wahh..5k yearly maintenance?? Thats even more expensive than the civic..die lor..if thats the case ill scrap the celica too!! I thought it would be cheaper coz of the price and the toyota engine!!

Thanks for the link, ill check it out, ive registered just waiting for the confirmation email now.

Yeah, i know property would be the wiser choice now,but i still gatal to buy a nice sporty looking car.Especially as my current ride is already falling apart (1992 Iswara) . If all else fails i guess ill just get the Uber Boring City.Bah :bawling:

O

oldhag

wa RM4k salary if don eat anything for 9 years fuyoo can get a lot of powerful car fuyoo rm4.32 millions! hehe.....
dude, it's rm432k oni. 4.32million u gotta work n stop eating for 90 yrs :biggrin:

gambar666, if u r gatal, then by all means go for a nice sporty car. well, these kinda car, the value won't drop too much anymore since it's old anyway. so if u cannot tahan, sell it off after 1 year. it's the feeling of owning it that's most important right?

Last edited by a moderator:

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
depends on what people want the sports car for....As chinese says, if dont have that big head, dont wear so big hat...

Gambar666

Aug 31, 2005
Ampang
Haha correct2, thats why trying to find sports car that can fit my head. Anybody know a car thatll only set me back 1-1.5K a month including maintenance road tax insurance etc...??

Looks like the city for me...................:bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifu sifu out there,
Currently my fuel consumption is high and after reviewing my dyno graph my air/fuel ratio for an NA car is fluctuating from 12:1 to 10+:1 ratio which is running too rich for an NA auto myvi 1.3

Was wondering if anyone could suggest me on either Apexi S-Afc neo or Dastek unichip Q as an mod to tune my air/fuel ratio. The pros and cons of this two products on our myvi.
This is because I was offered a good price for a set of used Unichip Q and was wondering if I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience