What makes a car - a car? How do you choose one

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
All here : http://racenotrice.com/titanrevdiysaga.html

yeah.. and it's not for sale. HAHAHA

@gunnerzz I'm a hiker.. I go gunung hiking and all that. And hikers don't like off-roaders like you cuz your cars destroy and pollute the pristine environment.... hahahah :biggrin: But the same can be said about de-cat cars. Oh well. Why do you go off-road so much anyway?
Because its addictive and feels more satisfying compared to carving corner on perfect surface.
Its Man + Machine + Nature.

I dont do much actually, fuel cost is high. Last week trip cost 1/4 tank of fuel and its less than 60km ( offroad + on road ).

We dont destroy the environment lah, notice the road we drives in? If u are there u will barely notice there is a road there. Furthermore we never rev above 2k rpm which is much lower compared to what most of us revved on the road...hihihi

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Because its addictive and feels more satisfying compared to carving corner on perfect surface.
Its Man + Machine + Nature.

I dont do much actually, fuel cost is high. Last week trip cost 1/4 tank of fuel and its less than 60km ( offroad + on road ).

We dont destroy the environment lah, notice the road we drives in? If u are there u will barely notice there is a road there. Furthermore we never rev above 2k rpm which is much lower compared to what most of us revved on the road...hihihi
You rev higher become rally already......hhahahhahaha

Reactions: gunnerzz

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Then you get a flx cheap and replicate his mods.
Yeah I've already thought of that. Budget is plenty within the range. Problem is I'm looking for a family car, I can't replicate his mods and use it as a family car - it's a bit small and the suspension is rock hard. Haha! But I'll definitely consider this as a future project car.

No road meaning you run over greenery, chop down trees etc right? Environmentally destructive hehehe.. anyway I think everyone should make a conscious effort to plant a tree every year per each person who goes into the forest for whatever activity. That way it'll offset in the long run.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yeah I've already thought of that. Budget is plenty within the range. Problem is I'm looking for a family car, I can't replicate his mods and use it as a family car - it's a bit small and the suspension is rock hard. Haha! But I'll definitely consider this as a future project car.

No road meaning you run over greenery, chop down trees etc right? Environmentally destructive hehehe.. anyway I think everyone should make a conscious effort to plant a tree every year per each person who goes into the forest for whatever activity. That way it'll offset in the long run.
Hihihi...
Its a yes and no on chopping trees.
There is primary forest and secondary forest. Primary is untouched nature, should be left untouched. i wont touch this type of trees/forest.
My playground is secondary forest which is a mess, u can barely walk. Previously someone had clear the area and make the road (most probably during the land survey) and left it so nature took over again. Dont worry we will clear the land plot and plant rubber tree so car lovers can enjoy their Michelin PS4s, BS RE003s, etc....hahaha.

On planting trees, the is another plot of land which is planted with few D24s ( already fruiting) and recently with 1 IOI and 1 Musang King ( 5 years to reap the reward). Its kinda compensation with added bonus. Too bad wild boar destroy 2 kelapa pandan.

Another plus of getting involved in 4x4 or pickup is u get the chance to assist during disaster. I have never got the chance to join but from the group feedback its sad to see the victim....very touching moment. During Kelantan major flood, 4x4 groups are the first to reach victims at remote areas. U gain more 'experience' with the car and it will become 'one' with u. Its more than just a car.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Rock hard yet no rattles ?
From my experience with Iriz and BLM, the latter have better fit and finish. My BLM havent rattle till today but the noise intrusion is intrusive to your ear. The Iriz which is newer and supposedly better built is the more solid and quiter car but it rattle. Now the dash rattle, center console near the center is rattling at random, something around the gear lever rattle at random, left door rattle at random, rear suspension got tuk2. Its still the better car overall but got more rattle.

Reactions: DNGFashion and Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Rock hard yet no rattles ?
that's the beauty of it all - nope. There's only a creaking noise from the bucket seat which is caused by the washer he used - which I'll take out and replace later and maybe add on a rubber washer.

From my experience with Iriz and BLM, the latter have better fit and finish. My BLM havent rattle till today but the noise intrusion is intrusive to your ear. The Iriz which is newer and supposedly better built is the more solid and quiter car but it rattle. Now the dash rattle, center console near the center is rattling at random, something around the gear lever rattle at random, left door rattle at random, rear suspension got tuk2. Its still the better car overall but got more rattle.
Maybe the trick is have as much external noise intrusion as possible to cover all the rattling.. HAHAHA

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
that's the beauty of it all - nope. There's only a creaking noise from the bucket seat which is caused by the washer he used - which I'll take out and replace later and maybe add on a rubber washer.

Maybe the trick is have as much external noise intrusion as possible to cover all the rattling.. HAHAHA
For me I just listen to loud metal music so cannot hear rattles and creaking anymore!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I guess its because of what I went through with the sampan. All the modifications done to customise it to MY LIKING, that journey, experience and what I've learned.

The cruise liner is a superior car in every single way. Like seriously. But I've not done anything to it except stick a spoiler on it myself. Is it special? Not really.

The way I look at it, the car that's special to us, is the one we have and the one we want to have, the poster of which is on the wall. I have a RX-7 FD3S on my wall. Would I want it? Not really LOL I am not ready to live with the rotary engine maintenance.

Since @Izso 's question is what makes a car special to you. I guess if you lost your virginity in the car, it'd make that car pretty special too.
Your cruise liner is what year?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
eh when you free for a spin in the ship
Not this month. Schedule packed till it’s not funny. Confirm going 2 countries, now may be 3.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Nice.. at least you get to travel in this economy! Let me know when you get back
It’s for work. Not leisure. Living out of a suitcase isn’t that fun, but when you’re single with no kids it doesn’t make a difference.

Nice, must still be under warranty then.
The best part I like about it, is that I don’t have to go to workshop. Which is funny.

Back then I used to WANT to go to the workshop, and see what new modification parts are there.

But the turbo boat is fully modded already with every part you would want, original made in Japan rims. Made in Germany Recaro. Original GReddy intercooler, Apex’i power intake, HKS SSQV, port and polished head, Speedspin modded turbo, aftermarket aluminum radiator... and the list goes on.

Nowadays all I want is a maintenance free car rofl.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
It’s for work. Not leisure. Living out of a suitcase isn’t that fun, but when you’re single with no kids it doesn’t make a difference.

The best part I like about it, is that I don’t have to go to workshop. Which is funny.

Back then I used to WANT to go to the workshop, and see what new modification parts are there.

But the turbo boat is fully modded already with every part you would want, original made in Japan rims. Made in Germany Recaro. Original GReddy intercooler, Apex’i power intake, HKS SSQV, port and polished head, Speedspin modded turbo, aftermarket aluminum radiator... and the list goes on.

Nowadays all I want is a maintenance free car rofl.
Yours is the hybrid then.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

currently my car i feel is too low so i ask my mechanic to rise it abit. but mine is non adjustable so he asked me to put some rubber part. what is this rubber that supposedly will rise the suspension abit? is it expensive?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience