SATRIA 1.6 - Seeking advices for TUNING & UPGRADES

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Two different mechanics told me before about the radiator fan clearance issue. This is the main reason that cause me to think whether should I change the extractor or not.
Yeap other than ground clearance, you will need to consider that too. When i install my extractor i have to grind abit of my radiator fan housing as well...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's very true..i never thought about this before i bought my extractor

:shot::shot::shot:
Bro. slipar also Wira and Satria kaki......lol:biggrin:
He join us for TT before and his wife drive the Satria on 205/45R16....don't play play.....hhahahhahah:burnout:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Two different mechanics told me before about the radiator fan clearance issue. This is the main reason that cause me to think whether should I change the extractor or not.
But 4-2-1 extractors are safe, Plug and play for wira....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bro. slipar also Wira and Satria kaki......lol:biggrin:
He join us for TT before and his wife drive the Satria on 205/45R16....don't play play.....hhahahhahah:burnout:
Looks like Wira kaki is still popular. :biggrin:

205/45/16 is the size for Wira SE stock wheels isn't it? Won't that be heavy, but that depends whether the Satria is on 4G1 series or 4G9 series...

But 4-2-1 extractors are safe, Plug and play for wira....:biggrin:
Really? If 4-2-1, no need to worry about radiator fan clearance?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
D stock fan is d bulky one rite?so I guess changing to d slim aftermarket ones shld solve d clearance issue..at least that's what I did to my 4g63 Wira..I x have to shave off radiator housing or whatever..n I was using banana manifold wiz wastegate summore..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
D stock fan is d bulky one rite?so I guess changing to d slim aftermarket ones shld solve d clearance issue..at least that's what I did to my 4g63 Wira..I x have to shave off radiator housing or whatever..n I was using banana manifold wiz wastegate summore..
I think it is the bulky one? Not sure which one are you referring to. Mine is a 4G15 manual, so I have a smaller radiator with its own fan, and another fan for the aircond unlike the automatic 4G15 which uses a larger radiator which looks like it is integrated together with the aircond fan.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Really? If 4-2-1, no need to worry about radiator fan clearance?
The 4-2-1 is less bulky because start at 4, it joins to form into 2, then down to the bottom and joined to 1 before the flexible bellow. The 4-1 have 4 pipe all the way, so will need much more space.....:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The 4-2-1 is less bulky because start at 4, it joins to form into 2, then down to the bottom and joined to 1 before the flexible bellow. The 4-1 have 4 pipe all the way, so will need much more space.....:biggrin:
Looks like I shall ignore 4-1 then. I want to ask, after 4-2-1 is installed, I know it helps in lower to mid rpm range, but then how about high rpm like around 5k to 6k? Will the power at least remain as good as stock or even worse than stock?

I do like the feeling that the car gives when it goes over 5k rpm. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Looks like I shall ignore 4-1 then. I want to ask, after 4-2-1 is installed, I know it helps in lower to mid rpm range, but then how about high rpm like around 5k to 6k? Will the power at least remain as good as stock or even worse than stock?

I do like the feeling that the car gives when it goes over 5k rpm. :biggrin:
The extractor are right in front helps to the front end. You still have the whole exhaust system to think about. Like bro. Littlewhitewagon mention if not doing other mods somewhere it will still get stuck. You free the front then as you revs goes higher more exhaust gas need to clear and say you maintain the same pipe and muffler at the end it actually slows the whole system....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The extractor are right in front helps to the front end. You still have the whole exhaust system to think about. Like bro. Littlewhitewagon mention if not doing other mods somewhere it will still get stuck. You free the front then as you revs goes higher more exhaust gas need to clear and say you maintain the same pipe and muffler at the end it actually slows the whole system....:smokin:
That means I probably need to do the muffler as well... If is straight flow, it will be noisy. Not a good idea for now as I don't want my family to know that I am modding the car without them knowing. :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That means I probably need to do the muffler as well... If is straight flow, it will be noisy. Not a good idea for now as I don't want my family to know that I am modding the car without them knowing. :rofl:
You need the one with the valve, open become straight through at high end......lol:rofl:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Send my car to the carwash recently. I think the guy at the carwash accidentally turn on the wiper when the windshield is dry. Now, I'm left with one ugly looking wiper scratch on my windshield.

Anybody know where can I get it fix and how much is it?? :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience