Reducing road noise level for 225/45/18

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
PP2 I think no more as my friend cannot find, so I recommend him Kumho PS31. So far to him it is ok...:driver:

PS4 not in Michelin MY website yet, but then like Conti website don't have CC6 but market have already.....lol:biggrin:
PS31 is UHP category? Now I think it is too difficult to source good tyres for sizes smaller than 15".

Hahaha, perhaps the website is not updated regularly.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
PP2 I think no more as my friend cannot find, so I recommend him Kumho PS31. So far to him it is ok...:driver:

PS4 not in Michelin MY website yet, but then like Conti website don't have CC6 but market have already.....lol:biggrin:
Kumho good meh? I read reviews it's very bad, not even recommended. My friend also used once and got swollen.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
PS31 is UHP category? Now I think it is too difficult to source good tyres for sizes smaller than 15".

Hahaha, perhaps the website is not updated regularly.
Even for 15", performance category starts with 55 series, 60 series also don't have :smokin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Kumho good meh? I read reviews it's very bad, not even recommended. My friend also used once and got swollen.
Some models I heard bulge too, should be the older Ecsta KU31, after they switch production to Vietnam if not mistaken.
Extreme models like KU36 and V720 are used by many track kakis.....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Some models I heard bulge too, should be the older Ecsta KU31, after they switch production to Vietnam if not mistaken.
Extreme models like KU36 and V720 are used by many track kakis.....:driver:
Don't know, for Korean tires I would only want to try Hankook, the rest still a no for me. Just like Indonesia tire brands, I'm only fine to try GT Radial but not the others.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That tyre not for daily drive loh......:smokin:
If during wet, grip is totally gone? I saw before an Impreza WRX STI on road with R888 all fours...

Don't know, for Korean tires I would only want to try Hankook, the rest still a no for me. Just like Indonesia tire brands, I'm only fine to try GT Radial but not the others.
How about Achilles?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If during wet, grip is totally gone? I saw before an Impreza WRX STI on road with R888 all fours...

How about Achilles?
So far based on what I read the only extreme tire/close to semi slick that is still decent in the wet is the Yokohama AD08.

Achilles I also don't really trust.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So far based on what I read the only extreme tire/close to semi slick that is still decent in the wet is the Yokohama AD08.

Achilles I also don't really trust.
I think is when it is just wet not raining, but then extreme grips best with certain temperature. In rain they are cold so less grip....:smokin:

Most Achilles also not that good feedback.....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I think is when it is just wet not raining, but then extreme grips best with certain temperature. In rain they are cold so less grip....:smokin:

Most Achilles also not that good feedback.....
Then I guess max category is the limit to have good grip during wet? Actually, I'm still not too sure what tyre is categorized in max category. Heard before many from UHP, extreme but rarely max.

I thought ATR Sport have good feedback.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Then I guess max category is the limit to have good grip during wet? Actually, I'm still not too sure what tyre is categorized in max category. Heard before many from UHP, extreme but rarely max.

I thought ATR Sport have good feedback.
Yeah UHP & Max category often overlapping/mixed together during comparison tests, like some say PS3 is Max but I think it's still UHP. One clear example of max category tire is the Michelin PSS coz it's rarely included in comparisons with the rest like PS3, F1, P Zero, Sportmaxx, CSC5 etc. To me I I don't really bother too much between max/UHP, as long as minimum classified in UHP category then that's my target to use, more than enough for my normal sedan and normal driving.

I've seen a few cases of ATR Sport 1 & 2 after usage of say only around 60-70% and the treads already have like some separating layers showing, so not looking good despite treads still relatively thick enough to use at least another 1-2 yrs.

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah UHP & Max category often overlapping/mixed together during comparison tests, like some say PS3 is Max but I think it's still UHP. One clear example of max category tire is the Michelin PSS coz it's rarely included in comparisons with the rest like PS3, F1, P Zero, Sportmaxx, CSC5 etc. To me I I don't really bother too much between max/UHP, as long as minimum classified in UHP category then that's my target to use, more than enough for my normal sedan and normal driving.

I've seen a few cases of ATR Sport 1 & 2 after usage of say only around 60-70% and the treads already have like some separating layers showing, so not looking good despite treads still relatively thick enough to use at least another 1-2 yrs.
So, to conclude it, one can say that max is like a high end version of UHP tyres? Like perhaps Yokohama A-Drive R1 for UHP VS S-Drive for Max.

Sounds like ATR Sport's problem lies on the rubber compound/material used. I'm surprised that you are not showing much support your local tyre industry. :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
So, to conclude it, one can say that max is like a high end version of UHP tyres? Like perhaps Yokohama A-Drive R1 for UHP VS S-Drive for Max.

Sounds like ATR Sport's problem lies on the rubber compound/material used. I'm surprised that you are not showing much support your local tyre industry. :biggrin:
S.Drive is also still firmly in UHP, not yet Max category.

Yeah maybe, I don't know.

I'm a very objective and straight forward person! I support anything that's good especially those which are value for money, and I'm not hesitant to say something is bad even though it comes from my own country! I support GT Radial though coz I've used them before and fine with it. I also support those branded tires but made in Indonesia coz I know they're just as good, maybe even more durable considering how bad the road conditions are over there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

both of dad n mum car use the same alarm system (same remote control)
i found 1 spare alarm remote control and tested for both of the car but is doesn't work
due to the serial no. writen on the circuit, it is the same for 1 of the car remote control of the bot car so i wana try to adjust so that it can be use for 1 of the car
can u teach me how 2 do?
(bettery had been changed into new battery but still cant be use)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience