Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Didnt get to go 150kmh yet but i did 140+ yesterday. So far already passed 500km.
My friends 'god-car' had trouble reaching 140km/h during the first few days. By the 2nd week he was touching 160km/h and more and he is going for his oil change at 5k km. I guess difference in mechanics have different philosophies. Considering he's always driving that fast, I told that bugger to swap it at 1k or 2k km max.

You on the other hand - I don't know how you drive so can't comment. But whatever the case, remember you now have floating shards of metal in your oil so with that in mind, just be wary of how you drive your car and quickly get to your oil change mark

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
My friends 'god-car' had trouble reaching 140km/h during the first few days. By the 2nd week he was touching 160km/h and more and he is going for his oil change at 5k km. I guess difference in mechanics have different philosophies. Considering he's always driving that fast, I told that bugger to swap it at 1k or 2k km max.

You on the other hand - I don't know how you drive so can't comment. But whatever the case, remember you now have floating shards of metal in your oil so with that in mind, just be wary of how you drive your car and quickly get to your oil change mark
Most probably will do an oil change at 1k. Oh, i'm running on ron95 now. No more knocking. Hehehe

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Latest update: Oil sensor leak and radiator change. Engine already running close to 2k km now after top overhaul but I got a leak at the oil sensor. Went back to workshop today and got the sensor change and i also change my radiator to double layer coz the old one was a single layer from my old engine and it got some clogging. So far everything is running smooth with the engine. Gonna go back soon for an oil change. Still saving some budget for the extractor change. Mech quoted RM750++ for a stainless steel thick extractor. :driver:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Latest update: Oil sensor leak and radiator change. Engine already running close to 2k km now after top overhaul but I got a leak at the oil sensor. Went back to workshop today and got the sensor change and i also change my radiator to double layer coz the old one was a single layer from my old engine and it got some clogging. So far everything is running smooth with the engine. Gonna go back soon for an oil change. Still saving some budget for the extractor change. Mech quoted RM750++ for a stainless steel thick extractor. :driver:
Hopefully after this your car will run smoothly and healthily hahah :biggrin: anyway is the extractor 421 or 41? Im interested in it as well hehe, if you do change it please let me know what's your feedback :beer:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hopefully after this your car will run smoothly and healthily hahah :biggrin: anyway is the extractor 421 or 41? Im interested in it as well hehe, if you do change it please let me know what's your feedback :beer:
yeah. hopefully too. mine is 421. i think 4-1 is the same price as well. i thought of buying extractors on mudah but i guess the mech should know what's best for my car tho since he did the first mod for the head. :driver:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
yeah. hopefully too. mine is 421. i think 4-1 is the same price as well. i thought of buying extractors on mudah but i guess the mech should know what's best for my car tho since he did the first mod for the head. :driver:
It will be okay hehe [emoji16] hmm but the mech ' s one abit costly isn't it...have you seen it? The one he recommended to you

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Your mechanic does transplant, modification and extractor too. Most go to exhaust shop. Probably your mechanic getting his custom made from some where.....:driver:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
It will be okay hehe [emoji16] hmm but the mech ' s one abit costly isn't it...have you seen it? The one he recommended to you

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
not yet. will ask for photos tomorrow.

Your mechanic does transplant, modification and extractor too. Most go to exhaust shop. Probably your mechanic getting his custom made from some where.....:driver:
i think he order from somewhere. but the price he quoted including installation and tuning. don't know if u heard of the place before. the workshop is RF Auto or Up Works Auto parts. they used to be in shah alam. they do almost anything including wiring, welding, aircond but i didn't do my transplant there.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not yet. will ask for photos tomorrow.

i think he order from somewhere. but the price he quoted including installation and tuning. don't know if u heard of the place before. the workshop is RF Auto or Up Works Auto parts. they used to be in shah alam. they do almost anything including wiring, welding, aircond but i didn't do my transplant there.
Oh! I thought same mechanic.....lol:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if same mech i think i would be a very happy driver now. lol. the workshop that did the transplant really messed up a lot of things. just my luck i guess.. :bawling:
Oh! like that, I also will faster change mechanic....:rolleyes:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Ok. After all the problems that I had since the transplant and posting this thread, my car finally in a smooth running state. thanks to all who gave a lot of tips on getting the engine back in shape. :driver:

Maintenance and mods done:
  • Denso Iridium Sparks Plugs
  • Works Simota drop in filter
  • GSR disc and calipers
  • Double layer oem radiator coz i was still using radiator from old 1.5 engine and it got clogged and rust
  • Samco radiator hose
  • ATF oil cooler
  • MINES hilo body shift coilovers (6k front, 4k rear)
  • tyre upgrade to RE003
  • ISCV change, later installed FICD coz the isc not enough to help with RPM when aircond on with my autobox
  • auto gearbox overhaul - first repair after transplant
  • top overhaul - head skim, piston ring change, valves and springs upgrade to 2.0, conrod bearings replace with mitsu bearings
  • oil sensor replace (leaking) and crank pulley oil seal replace (leaking) after top overhaul
  • mivec stock extractor with stock downpipes

so far, the mech that did the repairs and mods did a very good job. i hope i will not have any major problems in the future. *fingers crossed*

:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Ok. After all the problems that I had since the transplant and posting this thread, my car finally in a smooth running state. thanks to all who gave a lot of tips on getting the engine back in shape. :driver:

Maintenance and mods done:
  • Denso Iridium Sparks Plugs
  • Works Simota drop in filter
  • GSR disc and calipers
  • Double layer oem radiator coz i was still using radiator from old 1.5 engine and it got clogged and rust
  • Samco radiator hose
  • ATF oil cooler
  • MINES hilo body shift coilovers (6k front, 4k rear)
  • tyre upgrade to RE003
  • ISCV change, later installed FICD coz the isc not enough to help with RPM when aircond on with my autobox
  • auto gearbox overhaul - first repair after transplant
  • top overhaul - head skim, piston ring change, valves and springs upgrade to 2.0, conrod bearings replace with mitsu bearings
  • oil sensor replace (leaking) and crank pulley oil seal replace (leaking) after top overhaul
  • mivec stock extractor with stock downpipes

so far, the mech that did the repairs and mods did a very good job. i hope i will not have any major problems in the future. *fingers crossed*

:burnout::burnout::burnout:
That was some major stuffs done.....plus 'interfooler and dual turbos too' :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have King Leopard and King Dragon available for purchase. The functions for both are the same. The difference is in the remote controller.

King Leopard
Pure Orange LCD Screen Illumination
Anti-slip Casing
5-Button Remote
Key Lock
AAA Size Battery (2 included)
Colours Available: Black & Red...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience