lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
wah you are younger than me!! i tought most of you guys were older fellas

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
YOLO? Then I'll just say back I only live once, so I need to get an interesting car to drive instead of those boring cars. :rofl: Some grown ups I met with previous experience of modding cars in their youth told me it is not worth to do all sorts of mod in cars. It is true that modding cars indeed cost a lot of money and they say it is a waste, but everyone in this world is acting rationally, where will all the fun be and how can we release our stress or tension. Normally I'll say back that you guys have already experienced all these fun cars be it the high revving variable valve timing NA (VTEC, MIVEC) or high boost turbocharged engines but for me, I have not even experienced much in all these yet. You may be bored with them already but I haven't even tasted them yet. :biggrin:

At least you have a Lancer GT with 18" wheels to take corners. I assume your size is 225/40/18. For me, sometimes I do corner at high speed using my ordinary car. Wira with 185/60/14 tyres. Those are not even performance tyres I'm using, just entry level Goodyear Duraplus. Perhaps I should not risk cornering like that anymore :banghead:
Same here man i haven't really experience the crazy days of 90's car scene. I never seen batu 3 circuit, in my entire life i won't understand the nostalgic values of batu 3 circuit. Wish i was born sooner hahaha. My LGT the size you mentioned, i also upgraded my suspensions, rubbers and brakes to make sure the car can slow down fast and has all the grip i need. Power is still stock, just de-cat with mid free flow muffler. The car now is able to accelerate easily to 200 km/h. My top speed recorded was 210 and the engine is still eager to keep going. This Mivec N/A engine has potential. Perhaps a manual tranny will make it even better.

lsm1991

Sep 30, 2011
Same here man i haven't really experience the crazy days of 90's car scene. I never seen batu 3 circuit, in my entire life i won't understand the nostalgic values of batu 3 circuit. Wish i was born sooner hahaha. My LGT the size you mentioned, i also upgraded my suspensions, rubbers and brakes to make sure the car can slow down fast and has all the grip i need. Power is still stock, just de-cat with mid free flow muffler. The car now is able to accelerate easily to 200 km/h. My top speed recorded was 210 and the engine is still eager to keep going. This Mivec N/A engine has potential. Perhaps a manual tranny will make it even better.
manual conversion... dooo itttt... doooo itttttttttt:flute:

newbie not by age one. young can still be more experience than an older guy......:driver:
In theories and words only. First hand experience matters more. Most of the things I know is learned from zth and by word of mouth from mechanics. Still a lot more to learn. Never ending process.

How old are you? You should be older than me ma. Thought you have at least experienced the days of 90s JDM during your teenage years. Recently, I even started to look further backwards. Doing readings and research online about JDM during the 70s. The days of TA22 Celica, S30 Fairlady Z, RX-3... Want to know more about those but not too much info available.

210kmh top speed in Lancer GT? I thought it can manage even higher than that. From what I have heard, FD Civic 2.0 can reach 220kmh. But top speed is not something that one should always aim for. In my opinion, higher speed = higher risk. To me, acceleration matters more than top speed.

I guess you can try to source the manual gearbox from Inspira 1.8. Much better on wheel horsepower. :driver:

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
In theories and words only. First hand experience matters more. Most of the things I know is learned from zth and by word of mouth from mechanics. Still a lot more to learn. Never ending process.

How old are you? You should be older than me ma. Thought you have at least experienced the days of 90s JDM during your teenage years. Recently, I even started to look further backwards. Doing readings and research online about JDM during the 70s. The days of TA22 Celica, S30 Fairlady Z, RX-3... Want to know more about those but not too much info available.

210kmh top speed in Lancer GT? I thought it can manage even higher than that. From what I have heard, FD Civic 2.0 can reach 220kmh. But top speed is not something that one should always aim for. In my opinion, higher speed = higher risk. To me, acceleration matters more than top speed.

I guess you can try to source the manual gearbox from Inspira 1.8. Much better on wheel horsepower. :driver:
I'm a 87 kid. Civic FD stock top speed is about 215 km/h, tested before, it took forever to reach but it will reach if its given enough time and a really long straight. For my LGT my top speed is slightly lower but it can reach top speed pretty quick, that's acceleration. 0-170 km/h acceleration is pretty fast for a CVT transmission. Once i raced with a MK III Focus, 2.0, 0-60 km/h obviously i've been had because of CVT lag. Once i passed 80km/h and constantly in the Mivec zone, the real show begins. Managed to force the driver to give away to me, but i slowed down and overtook him casually. Our speed was about 170 km/h, time of play is around 11 pm on NKVE.

Hahaha not gonna convert it to manual, if i want a real manual car i will go for an EVO. For now i will enjoy my LGT smoothness, my next stage is to replace the rear muffler with a better SFlow, change the spark plugs and go for a remap. I should expect 150whp for all these upgrades.

I'm a 87 kid. Civic FD stock top speed is about 215 km/h, tested before, it took forever to reach but it will reach if its given enough time and a really long straight. For my LGT my top speed is slightly lower but it can reach top speed pretty quick, that's acceleration. 0-170 km/h acceleration is pretty fast for a CVT transmission. Once i raced with a MK III Focus, 2.0, 0-60 km/h obviously i've been had because of CVT lag. Once i passed 80km/h and constantly in the Mivec zone, the real show begins. Managed to force the driver to give away to me, but i slowed down and overtook him casually. Our speed was about 170 km/h, time of play is around 11 pm on NKVE.

Hahaha not gonna convert it to manual, if i want a real manual car i will go for an EVO. For now i will enjoy my LGT smoothness, my next stage is to replace the rear muffler with a better SFlow, change the spark plugs and go for a remap. I should expect 150whp for all these upgrades.
87? Just a few years my senior. I'm 93 :biggrin:

One benefit of CVT is, you can stay in the right rev zone of your engine for optimum power. Just that it is less engaging compared to manual.

I guess it is logical and practical for you to remain it in CVT since you are living in KL.

Apani? Why is everyone comparing whose balls is less shriveled? 87, 93, what is this la. You guys are barely out of your diapers. :rofl:

VR2Turbo - finding a younger person with more experience than you will be quite a find. Rare even. Cuz you so old! :vroam:

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
manual conversion... dooo itttt... doooo itttttttttt:flute:
Nah i rather buy an EVO VIII XD ! Is there any 5 speeder EVO VIII in local ? I know RS came with 5 speeders, GSR and MR come with 6 speeders.

Apani? Why is everyone comparing whose balls is less shriveled? 87, 93, what is this la. You guys are barely out of your diapers. :rofl:

VR2Turbo - finding a younger person with more experience than you will be quite a find. Rare even. Cuz you so old! :vroam:

LOL ... Izso getting annoyed by renesis and me talking about age ! VR2 kena tarik masuk for no reason hahaaa !

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
87? Just a few years my senior. I'm 93 :biggrin:

One benefit of CVT is, you can stay in the right rev zone of your engine for optimum power. Just that it is less engaging compared to manual.

I guess it is logical and practical for you to remain it in CVT since you are living in KL.
Damn no wonder you are still in UNI. Enjoy your Uni life bro, uni life is about chicks ! cars come later. Nowadays the uni chicks really know how to dress up, my job requires to travel to Taylor's Lake Side campus frequently, damn envy the boys now, the chicks around them are so trendy to look at. My uni days, most of girls balut themselves 99. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nowadays also must have nice car to get nice Uni chicks......hhahhahahhahahah:rofl:

Bro., you are younger and I think on car matters you have more experience, so at least found one......:driver: