Cheap cars to buy in Malaysia but fast!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
CF Fender may not be much help in terms of weight. Even wira fenders are ridiculously light. I'm sure Evo ones are just as light so probably not much weight savings.
Wira fenders change to Taiwan parts, thin, flimsy and light......hhahahhahahah:biggrin:
Saw CF fenders for Wira being sold at mudah for RM900. Thought of getting those one day. But then I remember that might make my car become a thief magnet. :banghead:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
My daily drive VR weight down with plenty of things in the boot. Tool box, jack, spare brake fluid, bulbs, water even.....:biggrin:
I used to do the same when driving my old cars before. Now not anymore, just a basic tool set box, std jack, jumper cable set, some car polish, multi purpose cleaner, some cloths & sponge, some fuse, that's about it.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Off topic..

Fc3s can get ka for 35 or less? Looks so pricey nowadays
just one of those cars that has become somewhat collectible, like the celica TA.......
loooong ago saw one fc on sale, about 30k on mudah, around 30k but looked kinda run down

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
just one of those cars that has become somewhat collectible, like the celica TA.......
loooong ago saw one fc on sale, about 30k on mudah, around 30k but looked kinda run down
Celica TA is nice too.
Now the only i found in mudah is
22k no engine n gearbox
44k one n a 58k one

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Wah! only the shell for 22k??
Is it cheap or expensive?
It's still on mudah.
Btw nearby my house there a workshop with an old FC3S apparently the owner keep inside, but no engine and gearbox too, i'd like to buy it from him but don't know how much should i offer, i don't want to overpay and i don't to over-offer. What seem to be a fair price to offer ya? I'm thinking 15k

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
No idea.... But have it checked out properly.... The value of these old cars really depends on its condition.... Safe to say, you will have quite a difficult time looking for stuff like the interior trim

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Is it cheap or expensive?
It's still on mudah.
Btw nearby my house there a workshop with an old FC3S apparently the owner keep inside, but no engine and gearbox too, i'd like to buy it from him but don't know how much should i offer, i don't want to overpay and i don't to over-offer. What seem to be a fair price to offer ya? I'm thinking 15k
If it were me, I'd go make friends with that fella first, talk about the car and see if it's just a nuisance to him or a precious toy. If nuisance offer 8k to take it off his hands. If precious toy 15k and negotiate.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If it were me, I'd go make friends with that fella first, talk about the car and see if it's just a nuisance to him or a precious toy. If nuisance offer 8k to take it off his hands. If precious toy 15k and negotiate.
Agree with bro. Izso. Find out the history. If he don't want sure will sell cheap, collector's item sure will be expensive....

tonyparir

Apr 12, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I will try this approach. Never thought of this. Thank you.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
My suggestion, a BMW e46 325 sedan or coupe, they are really nice car to sit in and race in. Not that expensive nowadays. But restoring all the leather and wear and tear might got issues.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My suggestion, a BMW e46 325 sedan or coupe, they are really nice car to sit in and race in. Not that expensive nowadays. But restoring all the leather and wear and tear might got issues.
Try the maintenance first.....hhahahhahaha

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I've got a coupe under my care, but it is a 1.9 litre sohc engine. Running strong and minor wear and tear *touchwood*. i'm looking to drop a 1JZ into it soon :biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
actually mechanically the e46 coupe is just like the sedan.. sama je hehe

I've got a coupe under my care, but it is a 1.9 litre sohc engine. Running strong and minor wear and tear *touchwood*. i'm looking to drop a 1JZ into it soon :biggrin:
ehh why wana drop 1jz in... leave it alone! classic status incoming!!
also.... u cannot sell the car after you shove the 1jz in..... the original bmw heart must go back in and run for you to transfer the car... (though i guess money could solve this issue)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's not entirely true. There are loads of BMW 1JZ/2JZ in the market now. Go have a look at my site racenotrice.com and look at all the Bimmers there, all 1Jz and mostly all were 2nd/3rd hand.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
That's not entirely true. There are loads of BMW 1JZ/2JZ in the market now. Go have a look at my site racenotrice.com and look at all the Bimmers there, all 1Jz and mostly all were 2nd/3rd hand.
thats the wierd thing :hmmmm: some say cannot, some say can, i am very confussed....

i hear many saying it cant be transferred, even my workshop says cannot... but, when i was looking for a car, i was told by some owners (of these transplanted sr20/1jz cars), can, no problem! while others said, err, boleh tapi kene tukar enjin dulu.... :hmmmm2::damnmate: in the end, just gave up on those... looked for a simpler car

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
actually mechanically the e46 coupe is just like the sedan.. sama je hehe

ehh why wana drop 1jz in... leave it alone! classic status incoming!!
also.... u cannot sell the car after you shove the 1jz in..... the original bmw heart must go back in and run for you to transfer the car... (though i guess money could solve this issue)
thats the wierd thing :hmmmm: some say cannot, some say can, i am very confussed....

i hear many saying it cant be transferred, even my workshop says cannot... but, when i was looking for a car, i was told by some owners (of these transplanted sr20/1jz cars), can, no problem! while others said, err, boleh tapi kene tukar enjin dulu.... :hmmmm2::damnmate: in the end, just gave up on those... looked for a simpler car
First thing first, i'm a BMW purist but i gotta admit, BMW inline 6 N/A engine is inferior to Toyota 1JZ GTE. Just the reliability and parts availability alone is enough to justify my interest in such project. Furthermore it is also easier to pump up the 1JZGTE to 350 bhp but just tuning with exhaust system and boost pressure. Mechanically it is also much simpler for local mechanics to do the swap, so many e46 owners are running around with 2JZ or 1JZ nowadays. It's not a rare sight. Try see BMW Convert Club on Facebook. i would really love to see combination of BMW chassis and 1JZ power. Will need to convert the rear differential to 330i or M3 later on for more stable handling on throttle.

Furthermore, this E46 is the first sports car i cherished since age 17. It was with my family for 15 years, i've just recently acquired it from my family. Now weekend driven by me or occasionally by my GF. We call this car "Baby". LOL. The mileage also very low, 137k kms only (not miles yo !).

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,
Whenever i'm reversing or on first gear but pressing and depressing the clutch it feels as though the engine is juddering or gearbox. Well it's like this. You are reversing but going slowly because of a bump behind you so you press and depress the clutch and accelerate slowly. Then there is this judder. Kinda of bad that the engine is rocking or probably the gearbox. Any ideas? Could it be the engine mounting? Clutch? It does not happen is I on other gears. Sometimes when that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience