need car recomendations under 90k

silentser

Apr 22, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Well, if you can consider Evo, then may I suggest another alternative which is rather similar to Evo? Not the Impreza WRX STI because older models only comes with manual and the newer CVT models are out of your budget.

What I'm suggesting is Subaru Legacy. Like this one here. http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/414250-wts-subaru-legacy-b4-gt-2-0-a.html

The car is big enough, comes with automatic transmission, powerful (although not as agile as WRX STI or Evo) and has better ride quality than Evo and WRX STI...
Nice.. will take into consideration

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Golf GTI.
Tsi and gti are both turbocharge? Or only gti
A 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6 or at least a 2.4. The 2.4 is a pleasure to drive, but the 3.5 V6 is a dream.
Rm800 roadtax too high :bawling:
Ford Fiesta Ecoboost only extra RM3888.

RM93,888

Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost launched in Malaysia - RM93,888
Boss im searching 2.0 to go head on with civic

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Try looking for the G11 Sylphy. No older than 3-5 years and a very very cheap 50-60k only. Drives quite well, super comfortable, extremely spacious and if you use 17" rims then cornering can be surpsingly good. Maintenance is low and FC is about 10km/L for city driving and 14km/L or more for highway.

No tiptronic though, but super silky smooth CVT gearbox paired with 2.0L means you'll get a lot of speeding tickets. :biggrin:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Nowadays not really displacement la.
Ecoboost 1.0 can still challenge the Civic.
Roadtax also cheap since RM800 too much.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
-better or on par with civic in performance
-dont need deep pocket to use for daily car ( FC and maintainance)
-shift mode (triptronik, paddle shift etc etc) optional but my tangan really gatal to have this option
-no proton or perodua IF can but if you think it is more worth it, can recommend too

thank you for your time :adore::adore::adore:
Better than Civic? Check
Don't need deep pocket? Check
Shift mode? How about Powershift aka dual clutch?
No proton or perodua - Check

Ford Mondeo 2.0 (A) TURBO CONDITION LIKE NEW - Cars for sale in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur

Top Gear 2007 Car of the Year. 2010 Facelift model.
Its bigger. Its badder. Its turbocharged. Its a Ford Mondeo.

At RM100k, there's nothing that is as fast or as big as this Mondeo for a 5 year old car.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
A 2010 Honda Accord 3.5 V6 or at least a 2.4. The 2.4 is a pleasure to drive, but the 3.5 V6 is a dream.
3.5 litre roadtax will literally kill him. Already he said RM800 for roadtax is expensive. 3.5 litre is like over RM4000...

If take Legacy, Civic will be left behind on straights. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
3.5 litre roadtax will literally kill him. Already he said RM800 for roadtax is expensive. 3.5 litre is like over RM4000...

My ex colleague kept his 350Z for one year. Sold just before road tax renewal......lol:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Take Altezza also good enough already :biggrin: Except FD2R maybe harder.

silentser

Apr 22, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Better than Civic? Check
Don't need deep pocket? Check
Shift mode? How about Powershift aka dual clutch?
No proton or perodua - Check

Ford Mondeo 2.0 (A) TURBO CONDITION LIKE NEW - Cars for sale in Cheras, Kuala Lumpur

Top Gear 2007 Car of the Year. 2010 Facelift model.
Its bigger. Its badder. Its turbocharged. Its a Ford Mondeo.

At RM100k, there's nothing that is as fast or as big as this Mondeo for a 5 year old car.
i think you just handed me my dream car sir........ i just cant stop researching about this car, the new mondeo have a bit higher hp and torque , how you think the cost of remapping the 203ps to reach the same as the new mondeo?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i think you just handed me my dream car sir........ i just cant stop researching about this car, the new mondeo have a bit higher hp and torque , how you think the cost of remapping the 203ps to reach the same as the new mondeo?
Just a word of caution, Ford Mondeo is still a CBU car, parts are gonna be expensive if they need changing. If I recall a 5th gear TV show correctly, Mondeo's are prone to accelerated suspension bushing wear and tear. Or was it suspension mounting? Forgot. Just prepare money just in case when buying a 2nd hand CBU Ford

silentser

Apr 22, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Just a word of caution, Ford Mondeo is still a CBU car, parts are gonna be expensive if they need changing. If I recall a 5th gear TV show correctly, Mondeo's are prone to accelerated suspension bushing wear and tear. Or was it suspension mounting? Forgot. Just prepare money just in case when buying a 2nd hand CBU Ford
Thank you for reminder. Will try to search for the problem

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I would go for this one if i have RM90K budget :biggrin:

Ford Focus TDCI - Cars for sale in Rawang, Selangor
the hp low compare to mondeo..... :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
To be fair, any non-Japanese cars will be costlier to maintain, regardless of make. So it is irrelevant really that the Ford Mondeo have expensive parts.. Volvo parts are cut throat. BMW... lul..hpfp problem.. Merc... electrical gremlins, damn severe during W211 era..now not sure.. VW..lul DSG failure and piston crack.

You are welcome sir. No idea, but I think 203ps is good enough, or you can look for a used facelift mondeo with more power. It is a bargain because Ford have no resale value, and Mondeo IS a proven model.

Thank you for reminder. Will try to search for the problem

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

the hp low compare to mondeo..... :biggrin:
Actually that Focus TDCi.. got lots of torque that will kick you in the balls. But frankly, versus the Mondeo, the Mondeo better value for money cause if you buy new, the Mondeo cost more. Its a bigger car too.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
ixeo : Dude, I know someone selling his 2008 Sylphy G11 model for 50k. Mileage untampered 60k+ km only

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hybrid. I say the word with a bit of malevolence to it. I’ll be honest here and admit I’ve never been a fan of the concept. In my opinion, forced induction is the definitive way forward. Imagine the irony when Porsche called me up and unexpectedly offered me the keys to a Panamera S Hybrid for a day. I accepted the offer of course, but I certainly had my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience