Turbo Charge Car owner pls come advise

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Interior can be changed if you have parts from Evo X halfcut dashboard. I can see that the RPM/Speedometer gauge is different. The gear stick is also different with the TC-SST. Unless you are using Inspira manual which can mimic the manual Evo X gear stick.

But still, credits still goes to the owner who spent so much effort and money in converting his Lancer GT. :biggrin:

He might have the money for the conversion (which the total cost might be same as a recond Evo X) but you forgot about the maintenance of a real Evo. It is way more expensive compared to the maintenance of Lancer GT. I'm talking about turbocharged engine VS NA engine, FWD VS 4WD, CVT auto VS double clutch gearbox (unless he gets a manual), fuel consumption.
Dudeee....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Actually, I think Renesis has a point. People keep saying "Aiya spent so much, might as well get the real deal". The owner probably was thinking "Maintain a turbo 4WD, AYC, LSD, etc sure mahal".

But.. then again if he had that much money to begin with - what's a little maintenance?

Johnson, do you know if the dude modded one shot or over a period of several months/years? If the latter, then it would make sense. If he did it the moment he bought the Inspira, then that would be the ultimate expression of "I can ah.. you blow ah?"

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Actually, I think Renesis has a point. People keep saying "Aiya spent so much, might as well get the real deal". The owner probably was thinking "Maintain a turbo 4WD, AYC, LSD, etc sure mahal".

But.. then again if he had that much money to begin with - what's a little maintenance?

Johnson, do you know if the dude modded one shot or over a period of several months/years? If the latter, then it would make sense. If he did it the moment he bought the Inspira, then that would be the ultimate expression of "I can ah.. you blow ah?"
Thank you.
The owner might have a lot of money (through savings maybe) but the thing about maintenance is, it must be done regularly. Definitely not a fun thing to throw money after money to service and maintain the car so regularly. And also, I'm sure the Evo X needed more special care and attention compared to the common Lancer.

By the way, that is not Inspira. It was posted as Lancer GT at mudah. If is Inspira, get manual better already. :biggrin:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Thank you.
The owner might have a lot of money (through savings maybe) but the thing about maintenance is, it must be done regularly. Definitely not a fun thing to throw money after money to service and maintain the car so regularly. And also, I'm sure the Evo X needed more special care and attention compared to the common Lancer.

By the way, that is not Inspira. It was posted as Lancer GT at mudah. If is Inspira, get manual better already. :biggrin:

Yeah, this is a Lancer GT.
And the owner did it in a very short time. Most of the body panels are original EvoX, which is cut and welded.

Actually was planning for full conversion. But then faced a few problems.
- Whole EvoX halfcut with AWD cannot be put in. (Length difference)
- EvoX SST can't just lock to Front wheel drive. (There are conversion kit for Manual and RWD)
- CVT can't successfully bolt on turbo. (without any issues)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yeah, this is a Lancer GT.
And the owner did it in a very short time. Most of the body panels are original EvoX, which is cut and welded.

Actually was planning for full conversion. But then faced a few problems.
- Whole EvoX halfcut with AWD cannot be put in. (Length difference)
- EvoX SST can't just lock to Front wheel drive. (There are conversion kit for Manual and RWD)
- CVT can't successfully bolt on turbo. (without any issues)
You mean the owner faced such problems?
If use Inspira manual can bolt on turbo? But I've also heard that BOT is bad for the engine's lifespan.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
You mean the owner faced such problems?
If use Inspira manual can bolt on turbo? But I've also heard that BOT is bad for the engine's lifespan.
Manual can.

The problem about Turbo on Lancer/Ispira CVT is the CVT's ECU.
It has torque limiter and if detecting too high of a torque, it will lock up.

EvoX uses SST, can't directly plonk into Lancer.
(Else, i would have converted my Lancer too.. hahaa)

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Manual can.

The problem about Turbo on Lancer/Ispira CVT is the CVT's ECU.
It has torque limiter and if detecting too high of a torque, it will lock up.

EvoX uses SST, can't directly plonk into Lancer.
(Else, i would have converted my Lancer too.. hahaa)
I can foresee that one day in future, Inspira 1.8 manual will become a budget car for modification like how Wira is now.

How about trying to plonk the 5 speed manual from Evo X to Lancer?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if ur cooling system is working properly, there isnt any reason for any engine to overheat. check dat and report back, i guessing ur coolant isnt enough, dis can happen various ways

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
If your car has over heat problem during traffic jam, it is possible that there are air inside your radiator. You need to "breath" the air out from your cooling system (recommended let the experienced mechanic do the job).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car have bad/worn valve seal problem..(Q1)how much does cost to change the valve seal(cost of oem valve seal+upah pasang) ..i have another head with bad/worn valve but other than that its fine..(Q2)so can use back the valve seal from my previous head to my current head? (Q3)can we do dyno tune if we have bad valve seal coz my car need dyno tuning?

engine is evo 1 , head is evo 3..thanks in advance..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience